• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Thing is Im pretty sure that subplot was never meant to go anywhere. It was just there because Advent Children was coming out so they wanted to promote it in KH2.

Hot take: I honestly think there is no continuation of this sub-plot. They clashed swords, jumped into the air and disappeared into a bright light. Sora then says that they disappeared to another world and are having a great battle. I don't think they need to continue from there.

It'd be great if they did bring Cloud and Sephiroth back, but I'm not bothered by it. I'd rather some new FF superbosses like maybe Seymour or Ardyn. Step out of the box for a bit.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
It's difficult to see it as anything other than a sub-plot given that Sephiroth's KH1 Battle was canon and led directly into meeting him in KH2.

If it was never meant to be touched after KH2 I don't know why they'd bother adding Tifa and Zack to the little fanservice plot.

And I also don't like the notion that 'KH doesn't need FF cameos anymore' as if it wasn't literally half of what made the concept so cool and magical. They just added to the charm of the series, and to say 'This crutch for sales is no longer needed' feels like a big portion of what made the series so magical is now being pushed out.

Huh, if anything kh2 acts like the kh1 battle never happened.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I honestly think any FFXV cameo is about at 'in the box' as they could possibly be.

Stepping out the box means doing something different, obviously. FFXV is a new game, so a cameo makes sense, because that hasn't been done yet. IF they're in there. Cloud and Sephiroth have been there for two games and I personally don't mind if they change it up a little. That's why I said it was a "hot take" -- It's not supposed to be what most people are going to go for, and that's fine!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Huh, if anything kh2 acts like the kh1 battle never happened.

The battle between Cloud and Sephiroth depicted in KH 1 FM did happen, the one between Sora and Sephiroth in KH 1 however did not as Sephiroth doesn't recognize Sora nor vice-versa (and that can't be because of Sora's memory mess since his memory was restored and only the memories of CoM are buried).

GrumpyRoxy

Sora doesn't even know who Sephiroth is even when Clouds describes him. It's super awkward how KH2 simply ignores the "subplot" in KH1.
That is one of the main reasons why I belive this wouldn't be approached in KH3, really.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Putting my two cents into the Sephiroth discussion, I think he's honestly overrated and overused in general. Call me a weirdo but VII isn't even my favorite Final Fantasy. I prefer VI and IX over that one, and I'd love it if Kefka were a secret bosses for once, or even Seymour, Ardyn, Snow, etc. I get tired of Cloud and Sephiroth. Of course they had VII, and Advent Children, and Crisis Core, and Kingdom Hearts, and the remake coming up, and the fact that Cloud is in Smash probably means if we get another FF in Smash it'd be Sephiroth. I'm just really tired of those two at this point, and personally
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
First I'd heard that FFVIII is hated. The only one I've really heard extreme hate for is XIII.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

GrumpyRoxy

First I'd heard that FFVIII is hated. The only one I've really heard extreme hate for is XIII.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I agree, it's kinda sad to know that the Comitee won't even make a tiny appearance.
There could be at least some sort of text message from Leon to Sora's Gummiphone saying "Yo Sora, we wish you good luck against that Bald asshole"

furusatoe

FFVIII had its detractors, but was in nowise hated. Less popular than FFVII, sure, but definitely has more fans than FFXII, FFXIII, or FFXV.

Leaferian

Awards
Leaker just showed Hunny Blasters/Hunny Launcher and Big Hero 6 gameplay. He seems to be around Level 70, is up to about 60 hours of gameplay, and doesn't appear to be 1-shotting things... not even regular old shadows!

Fatal Mode

Leaker just showed Hunny Blasters/Hunny Launcher and Big Hero 6 gameplay. He seems to be around Level 70, is up to about 60 hours of gameplay, and doesn't appear to be 1-shotting things... not even regular old shadows!

But there’s no content!!! /s

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Keyblade Graveyard might be more explorable than we expect it to be.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Personally, I have my issues with games like XIII and especially XV... But VIII is easily my least favorite Final Fantasy. Didn't like a single thing about it. Not everyone shares my opinion but there's the second time you've heard it.

That being said, as someone that played KH before getting into FF, it just seems wrong to not include even the mainstay cameos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back