• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
(Taking this comment of mine from another thread)

The leaker is actually doing a better job in hype me up than Square.

It was thanks to him that I finally know how big the Disney Worlds can be. Square only shows story spoilers or flashy gameplay and it came to the point, there's nothing new that's interesting enough for the latter.

drew0512

Awards
Ariel isn't a fighter, either, but they figured out a way to make her (the best) character ally in KH1.
BH6 didn't need to have all six characters on the field at all times, 2-3 would have been sufficient. Allowing the player to switch between member like a traditional FF game is the idea. It might be challenging to implement but if that's the problem they should have chosen a world with less to work on which they could more fully realize in the time they had. There are plenty of options that are just as good or better that wouldn't end up feeling half-baked.
There's a difference though. Ariel was a necessity back then because she was the only character that could be a party member in Atlantica. With Frozen, there are alternatives.

As for BH6, that could be cool. But it's also a different approach that might not please every player (someone would surely want all members of the BH6 team on the field). You might be pleased with it, just as I'm completely fine with only Baymax. How can we decide when it's good enough and not half-baked?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Being critical is good. People were critical of BBS, DDD, and 0.2, and it's brought about lots of improvements for KH3. There are corrections in here that people have wanted since KH2. I always welcome intelligent, level-headed discussion about the direction of the game/series, and I have gotten heated about it enough.

Personally, I wouldn't ever want to be a perpetual "yum-yucker" or a "curmudgeon". I'm sorry, but these long soliloquies detailing all the ways the game is failing do nothing for me as a long time KH fan... Maybe some of y'all saw something in KH that I didn't, but this game really does seem like business as usual to me.

Regarding BH6, it's like someone said in a previous post. You have Baymax as a permanent ally but you can choose amongst the other 6 members depending on the fighting style you enjoy most. I never said there should be 9 characters on the battlefield, but instead of that game producers could have made automatic switch depending of the district or places you go to visit in San Fransokyo and after completing the story of BH6 you can switch the other member and select the one you want to play with.
Talking about Frozen and Tangled, i don't see Eugene and Kristoff being similar and sharing fighting style: Eugene uses barrels and Kristoff could fight using his fists and his axe. Rapunzel can still fight after having her hair cut using a frying pan. I imagine Olaf fighting using ice magic whilst Marshmallow is more of a brute-force character.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Go Go and Hiro should have been party members.

And why not Honey Lemon, Wasabi, Fred, and Baymax? Either all of them needed to be or just Baymax, imo. I can only imagine that if Hiro and GoGo were the party members, people here would be crying foul that they were favoring the characters of Asian descent over the African-American and Latina characters, two groups that have had little to no representation in the series.

To everyone:

I know people get mad for whatever reason over this, but you really shouldn’t buy the game if it in someway goes against your personal values. And don’t say you have to buy it so you can properly criticize it because you don’t. Neither are you obligated to play it because you’ve played the games so far.

Instead, watch Let’s Plays on YouTube from minority content creators who would benefit from your engagement rather than funneling more money to Disney/Square Enix, who have apparently wronged you and society by releasing this game. Then you can criticize the game’s content all you want and you aren’t supporting an apparently evil product and its creators.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Sorry to interrupt Zip's melodrama, but.

There's a difference though. Ariel was a necessity back then because she was the only character that could be a party member in Atlantica. With Frozen, there are alternatives.
Yeah, okay, sure. :rolleyes: But, again, Marshmallow is not a party member.

KaitoCam

Could we all just take a minute and realize we are at 226 pages and have not seen a single story spoiler.

CDD

Awards
Do you all realize how much work goes into a party member? And you guys want 6 for just one world?

Amazing how delusional some of you are.

Elysium

Awards
Do you all realize how much work goes into a party member? And you guys want 6 for just one world?

Amazing how delusional some of you are.
How about 1? Wanting the main character of a film to be the party member is not OTT, unless you're operating according to an 'alternative' dictionary. Or maybe you are delusional.

CDD

Awards
How about 1? Wanting the main character of a film to be the party member is not OTT, unless you're operating according to an 'alternative' dictionary. Or maybe you are delusional.

First of all, Marshmallow isn't a guest, he's am actual party member. He wouldn't be present for the portal battles if he was. Second, I was referring to Big Hero 6 in my post, expecting 6 optional party members with level progression to level 99 for just one world is delusional.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Sorry to interrupt Zip's melodrama, but.

Yeah, okay, sure. :rolleyes: But, again, Marshmallow is not a party member.

If you don’t like what I post, you can keep scrolling instead of being inflammatory. There’s also a wonderful tool called the ignore list which you should add me to. Thanks.

Elysium

Awards
What you were writing wasn't inflammatory? Maybe you need to add a lot of members to your ignore list if that's what you feel the need to post.

maximumlight8

Awards
I wonder if the DLC exclusive keyblades will count for speed running, I would imagine that since Thunder is usually one of the best magics in KH, that it could give Xbox speed runners a major advantage. Something minor, but just a thought.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What you were writing wasn't inflammatory? Maybe you need to add a lot of members to your ignore list if that's what you feel the need to post.

No, it wasn’t. Like at all. I’m not targeting anyone or telling people their opinions aren’t valid. All I said was that cutting the rest of the Big Hero 6 group for only Hiro and GoGo to be party members would lead to more diversity representation problems than it would resolve. Rightfully so.

Then, I said that if people truly think this game is so bad, then they shouldn’t purchase it because that puts money in the pocket of those who are creating or perpetuating the issues you have with the game/series. There are other ways to experience it that could actually do good for people like minority content creators or charity streams. No one should feel like they have to buy the game and I don’t know what is melodramatic about that.

I’m not going to derail this thread and, yes, you’re going on my ignore list. Bye.

CDD

Awards
I wonder if the DLC exclusive keyblades will count for speed running, I would imagine that since Thunder is usually one of the best magics in KH, that it could give Xbox speed runners a major advantage.

The game will probably run the best Xbox one x anyway due to its superior hardware.

Elysium

Awards
No one should feel like they have to buy the game and I don’t know what is melodramatic about that.
That nonsense about "feel wronged by," "evil company," blah blah, was entirely inflammatory. When the best response you can come up with is "Don't buy the game!!1!" you've clearly jumped ship.

I’m not going to derail this thread and, yes, you’re going on my ignore list. Bye.
Thanks and good riddance.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
All this divisive discussion and I'm just waiting here for more spoilers cause regardless, KHIII is going to be a fun game like it's always been.

Even though Naminè got completely disrespected for how influential she's been to the series. Sure Nomura, leave such a female character out of the OP for the sake of the trio bs.

Good thing I'm out after 3.

Fatal Mode

All this divisive discussion and I'm just waiting here for more spoilers cause regardless, KHIII is going to be a fun game like it's always been.

Even though Naminè got completely disrespected for how influential she's been to the series. Sure Nomura, leave such a female character out of the OP for the sake of the trio bs.

Good thing I'm out after 3.

I have a weird hunch she's going to be super important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back