• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Ehhh idk how that works honestly. I know the regular Wal-Mart's don't have it yet but I work at a Walmart Distribution center in Georgia.

Aaaaaayyy, my brother to the south! If you end up nicking one, toss a PS4 copy my way :p

JK of course, I'm waiting on my DE w/ BA, PS4 Pro, and Digital copy T_T like a good boy

Leaferian

Awards
I hope the leaker shows off final keyblade stats and abilities. Of course, by then I may have the game in my hands hah.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope the leaker shows off final keyblade stats and abilities. Of course, by then I may have the game in my hands hah.

Considering how he plays, probably. Although I was impressed between the Frozen BP and the Tangled footage he was almost level 70 from nearly 50

Aaaaaayyy, my brother to the south! If you end up nicking one, toss a PS4 copy my way :p

JK of course, I'm waiting on my DE w/ BA, PS4 Pro, and Digital copy T_T like a good boy

Lol ayyyyyyyyyyye what's up fam. Thought I was the only southerner around these parts. I'm too much of a puss to snatch that game. They have xbox one and ps4 copies in here. As far as security goes ehhhh it's not impossible to grab ONE copy without being found out. Still extremely risky because of people watching but once it's in your pants they ain't gonna know squat. People be stealing way more expensive things than a $60 video game. I probably will do nothing but I'm not the only one who plays KH up here. Somebody in here is gonna take one I'm letting yall know now lol

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Lol ayyyyyyyyyyye what's up fam. Thought I was the only southerner around these parts. I'm too much of a puss to snatch that game. They have xbox one and ps4 copies in here. As far as security goes ehhhh it's not impossible to grab ONE copy without being found out. Still extremely risky because of people watching but once it's in your pants they ain't gonna know squat. People be stealing way more expensive things than a $60 video game. I probably will do nothing but I'm not the only one who plays KH up here. Somebody in here is gonna take one I'm letting yall know now lol

Lol, I'd rather you be a law abiding puss who plays when everyone else does than a homeless thief who can't play the copy because of jail time/eviction for not paying rent or not being able to play because you can't afford electricity!

Yeah, I'm in TN so it's cool to see someone else from this side of the US here. You ever go to any cons in the area? It'd be funny to find out we're friends on FB or that we know each other somehow lol

drew0512

Awards
The number of worlds is very low and the choices of allies for each world are weird. Marshmallow... really? Why not Elsa, Kristoff or even Olaf? The same goes for Rapunzel, she can fight in other ways. And BH6 world only has Baymax as ally... what happens with the other members? Aren't they important?

Anna is not a party member because she can't fight and she doesn't offer any creative approach as far as gameplay is concerned. Rapunzel isn't a fighter either, but her hair is what makes her a fun and interesting ally.
Kristoff could be a party member but he's too similar to Eugene, so it doesn't surprise me that they decided not to go this route. Having Kristoff but not Anna would also be very awkward.
Elsa could be an obvious and fun party member, but she's probably not available as such because of plot reasons.
Olaf... Why have a tiny, harmelss and obnoxious (I'm biased) snowman if we can have a giant, cool and powerful one instead?

As for BH6, it's even simpler. When the Toy Story trailer came out, there were two common and reasonable concers: "with two more party members, could there be the risk of a too crowded battlefield?" and "with more party members, could fights be easier?".
If we include every member of BH6, that would make 9 people including SDG. The field would be way too crowded, chaotic and messy. As for the difficulty, we'd have two possible scenarios: either it's too easy (because of 6 additional party members) or it stays the same because the party members are so weak they hardly make a difference. But if they're useless, what's the point then?

I don't think that any of this hints at a rushed game. If anything, it leads me to think that it's actually very well-thought.

maximumlight8

Awards
I personally don't care about story spoilers because I'm not much of a KH player for the story, but it'll be great to see any new story leaks with all these copies floating around.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I personally don't care about story spoilers because I'm not much of a KH player for the story, but it'll be great to see any new story leaks with all these copies floating around.

That might be when I go quiet. As soon as someone confirms that there are more playing the game, I'm bouncing. I'll be OUTTIE! Because I do play for the story and gameplay.

Lol, I'd rather you be a law abiding puss who plays when everyone else does than a homeless thief who can't play the copy because of jail time/eviction for not paying rent or not being able to play because you can't afford electricity!

Yeah, I'm in TN so it's cool to see someone else from this side of the US here. You ever go to any cons in the area? It'd be funny to find out we're friends on FB or that we know each other somehow lol

I haven't been to a Con yet actually. I stay like 30 minutes away from Atlanta so if I end up going to an event one day it'll probably be in Atlanta. I've planted the seeds of darkness though lol. I told some of those other people I work with that'll I'll pay $100 if they grab one in the next few days or so. We'll see what happens😂

maximumlight8

Awards
I could see more leaks happening really soon considering more and more people seem to be getting copies.

wolfshadow0118

Once the 25th hits I'm gonna go awol. Of course I will be livestreaming on 29th (took the day off for this game, lol).

Edit: Also GA guy here too XD. Also never been to a con

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, I hit Atlanta cons a few times (it won't let me quote you for some reason). And Lol, better be careful they may rat you out >.>

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
the real reason Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Elsa aren't party members is because a lot of the plot hinges upon these characters getting separated. If we want Sora to be able to visit all parties, we can't have him bringing Elsa with him.

Honestly, just IMAGINE being disappointed about Marshmallow. Dude's a fucking tank, the largest party member ever, no contest at all. What a great idea. I was disappointed about Maximus not being a party member in Tangled in favor of Punzie and Eugene, but at least we get the giant ice monster.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Anna is not a party member because she can't fight and she doesn't offer any creative approach as far as gameplay is concerned. Rapunzel isn't a fighter either, but her hair is what makes her a fun and interesting ally.
Kristoff could be a party member but he's too similar to Eugene, so it doesn't surprise me that they decided not to go this route. Having Kristoff but not Anna would also be very awkward.
Elsa could be an obvious and fun party member, but she's probably not available as such because of plot reasons.
Olaf... Why have a tiny, harmelss and obnoxious (I'm biased) snowman if we can have a giant, cool and powerful one instead?

As for BH6, it's even simpler. When the Toy Story trailer came out, there were two common and reasonable concers: "with two more party members, could there be the risk of a too crowded battlefield?" and "with more party members, could fights be easier?".
If we include every member of BH6, that would make 9 people including SDG. The field would be way too crowded, chaotic and messy. As for the difficulty, we'd have two possible scenarios: either it's too easy (because of 6 additional party members) or it stays the same because the party members are so weak they hardly make a difference. But if they're useless, what's the point then?

I don't think that any of this hints at a rushed game. If anything, it leads me to think that it's actually very well-thought.

These are great points. Also, a character being a party member does not automatically give them better characterization. Plenty of my favorite characters in the series haven’t been party members. All that really matters to me as far as characterization goes is how the characters are handled in cutscenes.

We also don’t know what might happen within the stories that might allow other characters to assist. I’d much prefer Elsa joining to fight Larxene once she learns to control her powers at the end of story than for a revisionist take where she somehow can control them throughout the story despite her lack of control being the center of her character arc. And there was no chance they would let KH do a sequel story with Frozen 2 coming out this year and I think that’s perfectly fair.

Also, Sora fears Elsa falling to darkness because, in KH terms, that means either turning evil or becoming a Heartless. Why wouldn’t he want to prevent her from succumbing to that same fate he, Riku, and others have? It seems like a pretty natural reaction to me.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The definition of decent writing changes form culture to culture, nation to nation, and era to era. Just look at the difference between Noh theater, Shakespearean theater, and Broadway theater.

How college papers are written is another example. The West tends to write deductively while other nations end to write inductively. It doesn't mean one is less valid than the other.

I'm not saying your point doesn't have merit, but the wording could use some work.
Sure, the nuances shift between cultures (they also shift between art forms and styles), but the basic concerns of the people writing generally do not. There's a universal standard of needs that underscore political and social life anywhere: the cultural question is one of how to best meet them. This is why feminist and female-written literature in Japan such as the works of Natsuo Kirino and Banana Yoshimoto frequently share fundamental themes and views with western femme lit even if the framing or approach is different. Your point goes moreso to method than content.

I don't have much to say about the gender politics other than I thought Kairi's character was good in KHII. I'm not going to go in depth because this conversation could completely derail if I explain it, but I think that saying that Kairi was just a damsel in distress in that game is missing the forest for the trees in my eyes. I dunno. Can we all agree that she should have been in more of Dream Drop at least? Cause I'm willing to hop on that train any day of the week WHOOP
Totally! I've argued consistently in the past that Kairi's arc in KH2 represented a considerable step forwards, though still allowing for the problems encapsulated in how her story was written. It's not a zero sum game: I've even offered empowering readings of Kairi' s role in KH1 dealing with the unique position her heart held throughout the game and how that ought to speak to a certain characterization of her as Sora's protectorate, but all of that is ultimately predicated upon the capacity of KH3 to bring her arc full circle and validate the analysis. Which is why it so especially stings that she very possibly/probably will be reduced back to a little girl in need of Sora to save her. And that her whole story once again revolves around Sora's influence and agency. Is that speculation? Yup. Can we speculate alternatives? Go for it. I don't trust the framing based on what I've seen, though.

Ariel isn't a fighter, either, but they figured out a way to make her (the best) character ally in KH1.
BH6 didn't need to have all six characters on the field at all times, 2-3 would have been sufficient. Allowing the player to switch between member like a traditional FF game is the idea. It might be challenging to implement but if that's the problem they should have chosen a world with less to work on which they could more fully realize in the time they had. There are plenty of options that are just as good or better that wouldn't end up feeling half-baked.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Sure, the nuances shift between cultures (they also shift between art forms and styles), but the basic concerns of the people writing generally do not. There's a universal standard of needs that underscore political and social life anywhere: the cultural question is one of how to best meet them. This is why feminist and female-written literature in Japan such as the works of Natsuo Kirino and Banana Yoshimoto frequently share fundamental themes and views with western femme lit even if the framing or approach is different. Your point goes moreso to method than content.

Totally! I've argued consistently in the past that Kairi's arc in KH2 represented a considerable step forwards, though still allowing for the problems encapsulated in how her story was written. It's not a zero sum game: I've even offered empowering readings of Kairi' s role in KH1 dealing with the unique position her heart held throughout the game and how that ought to speak to a certain characterization of her as Sora's protectorate, but all of that is ultimately predicated upon the capacity of KH3 to bring her arc full circle and validate the analysis. Which is why it so especially stings that she very possibly/probably will be reduced back to a little girl in need of Sora to save her. And that her whole story once again revolves around Sora's influence and agency. Is that speculation? Yup. Can we speculate alternatives? Go for it. I don't trust the framing based on what I've seen, though.

Ariel isn't a fighter, either, but they figured out a way to make her (the best) character ally in KH1.
BH6 didn't need to have all six characters on the field at all times, 2-3 would have been sufficient. Allowing the player to switch between member like a traditional FF game is the idea. It might be challenging to implement but if that's the problem they should have chosen a world with less to work on which they could more fully realize in the time they had. There are plenty of options that are just as good or better that wouldn't end up feeling half-baked.

I really hate to see that you have such a negative perspective about this game. I don't think I've seen you say anything positive about it in a while. It's a shame your view on it took such a hit.

Instead of like FF system, they could keep the old KH system and have you be able to change them from the menu, however I think they wander around with you and just aren't traditional party members. We saw other toys walking around with Sora in the older Toy Story material right? Before they got to Galaxy Toys? So maybe they're allies like the FF characters in the Radiant Garden climax?

Awards
OK, cool. If you have another, differing opinion, you're welcome to express it. Sorry if me being "self righteous" is upsetting to you.

Who’s upset? But being self righteous isn’t a cute quality to have. I never claimed you weren’t welcome to express your opinion, in fact I even said you weren’t at fault for it. What I said was that its ridiculous of you to try and act like you’re representing the entire fan base.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Who’s upset? But being self righteous isn’t a cute quality to have. I never claimed you weren’t welcome to express your opinion, in fact I even said you weren’t at fault for it. What I said was that its ridiculous of you to try and act like you’re representing the entire fan base.

Awww, shit. You're really stepping in it now. Imma bounce before this bomb E-X-P-L-O-D-E-S

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Marshmallow is not a party member, (s)he's a guest.
Who’s upset? But being self righteous isn’t a cute quality to have.
I agree, because you are it. 'Cause it seems there's only one "side"*** here spewing personal insults like "self-righteous," "entitled," and so on. There's only one side pissed to see someone express an opinion that's not their own without 'countering' it in some way.

*** Re: "sides": If it isn't clear already, not everybody who is disappointed about something is the same as every other person who has expressed disappointment about something else. Because people are, I don't know, complex things, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back