• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seighart

Awards
So is it safe to say we're going to reiterate the same issues and how we feel about them for another 20 pages or are we gonna discuss these leaksss

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
I'm honestly so thankful for the leaks. Things like Radiant Garden + FF, an expanded Twilight Town, Rapunzel being a permanent team member... things that would have been a given, I'm glad that my expectations have been adjusted so I can focus more on the positives (better world design, the Ratatouille recipe system, the open world Gummi Ship, the Keyblade upgrades).

KH to me has always been a flawed series. I'm glad for this timely reminder that KH3 is not the be all end all KH experience, and that each KH game has its strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately, nothing in this world is perfect, and expecting a gaming team to learn from past mistakes and make the next one the very best instalment ever is a recipe for disappointment.

And yes, this is probably self-pitying, but I submit to not taking KH (and all other forms of entertainment) too seriously.

Last edited:

mytomxxx

I'm honestly so thankful for the leaks. Things like Radiant Garden + FF, an expanded Twilight Town, Rapunzel being a permanent team member... things that would have been a given, I'm glad that my expectations have been adjusted so I can focus more on the positives (better world design, the Ratatouille recipe system, the open world Gummi Ship, the Keyblade upgrades).

KH to me has always been a flawed series. I'm glad for this timely reminder that KH3 is not the be all end all KH experience, and that each KH game has its strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately, nothing in this world is perfect, and expecting a gaming team to learn from past mistakes and make the next one the very best instalment ever is a recipe for disappointment.

And yes, this is probably self-pitying, but I submit to not taking KH (and all other forms of entertainment) too seriously.

agree with you, kh never was a perfect game, and on top of that had a pretty bad flaws. Tho is my fav series...

maximumlight8

Awards
So the official JP Twitter has revealed that the Amazon and exclusive console keyblades give you a situation command for a 4th tier magic (za/ja).

They have thunder boost for the Xbox keyblade, Blizzard boost for the PlayStation keyblade, and the Amazon keyblade has fire boost. The Xbox/PlayStation exclusive keyblades once again recycle 2nd form lol. Not sure about the Amazon one though.

Last edited:

rodx

The darkness is trying to tempt me people.They have copies of the game at my job!!!!!! Wtfffffffffff!!!!!!!!
I'm jealous, this month just looks bigger than the others .

Edit : Holy S,just now I realise that they are stolen,I tought they just broke the release date .

Last edited:

Perkilator

Awards

Thank you for summing up my feelings. I know there are some plenty disappointing things, and it’s not wrong to feel disappointed. But Osaka Team still worked hard on this game for nearly six whole years.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Saying that fans will be encouraged to wait for the next game to do what KH3 was “supposed” to do is completely self righteous because you say it as though you’re speaking for everyone else.

Everything you said is YOUR opinion and YOUR expectations. There will clearly be plenty of fans who will be satisfied with the outcome of the game. No one said you’re at fault for “taking this shit to task” but to think that you’re representing the entire fan base is ignorant.
OK, cool. If you have another, differing opinion, you're welcome to express it. Sorry if me being "self righteous" is upsetting to you.

Can we all just agree to disagree on whether the game is good or not?
You can if you want to. This is a healthy debate to be having and it's only going to get more intense following the actual release of the game, so if you don't want to participate that's fine, but understand that it's inevitable that the disagreements and arguments are going to flourish post-release.

FWIW I prefer KH1 to KH2 by a vast margin. KH3 has not really inherited the spirit of that game. In fact I see it as being a lot closer to the worst parts of KH2 in its general design and world integration. Ultimately, though, putting comparisons aside, I think it's probably just a lackluster game in its own right.

If you were expecting any sort of progressiveness from a Japanese game developed by a Japanese company (who notoriously do not give two shits about western gender politics) in [Insert Current Year], you were setting yourself up for disappointment. It seems you're more angry at the current state of the female characters of KH than anything else.
1) Maybe don't pull the "lol Japan" card. The society is not a monolith and there are plenty of voices within it pushing for the advancement of the status of both women and queer folks (movements that have historically gone hand in hand) in various industries. Stop applying your niche, infantile anime standards to the whole. Political and economic struggles within Japanese society are real, lived thing.
2) My comments weren't centered around "western gender politics" but nice try. This is about basically decent writing and the way that women in the series have been and could continue to be categorically excluded from it for no good reason. Everybody benefits from well written and developed female characters. The story itself benefits.

Holy shit calm the hell down
A totally reasonable response to a strongly worded opinion.

I don't even know what you're talking about here
I've got a feeling you're about to make that blatantly apparent.

I have never, do not now, and will never see the women in KH the way you apparently do.
And I can't fathom the headspace you'd have to put yourself in to do so.
I imagine it's rather bleak.
And I was right.

Funny that's where you took that trophy description, because I figured it was about Sora and Kairi meeting up after she's completed her training, during which she's been secluded from the others.
It doesn't say "save Kairi," it says "reunite with Kairi."
But if you want to make yourself upset over things that haven't happened, I suppose I can't stop you.
Yeah, it could be that, sure. The history of the series and everything we've seen about KH3 is what colors my reading of the material.

Let's just forget Riku's four-game long redemption arc for having done exactly that involving a constant internal struggle with himself and the ghost of the man that made him that way, including a complete transformation of his physical form.
I didn't forget anything, but apparently Sora did. Riku came out of that journey a Keyblade Master. That's as recent as the last game in the series. Still using darkness. Never been better. Getting a new Keyblade and a sexy new haircut.

Or how Sora was very recently trapped in a darkness coma from which he had no power to engineer his own escape.
But yes, how very dare he endeavor to prevent someone else from sharing a similar fate.
Look at the context for the conversation which we see in the Frozen trailer, Larxene is basically insinuating that Elsa herself is wavering between the light and the dark and she's only there to observe and see what happens. Sora refuses to believe that Elsa could choose the darkness. Sora's experience in the RoS was not a matter of personal choice but of manipulation from outside forces and a lack of self-awareness which turned out to be costly. Elsa, like Riku, is only dealing with her own darkness, but the implication is that, unlike Riku, it would be disastrous if she actually took to it. Pair that with the deliberate repositioning of the relevant female Disney characters in the game as pure princesses and the signaling is painfully obvious.

Anyway sorry for going off on you
I just get unreasonably upset about people being unreasonably upset
rme

I love this comment. Thank you. This is exactly how I feel.
Apparently we're being unreasonable and we need to calm down. *shrug*

Of course they couldn't deliver everything because people have different expections ffs, this game was announced 6 years ago and some people are waiting for 13 years.
Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with exploring what the game has failed to accomplish after 5-6 years of development time. Because, as I've said before, it just comes down to priorities. The game prioritized the wrong things and it's less satisfying because of it.

The problem i have with this game is that i feel it is a rushed game made in a very short time. I don't like this has to answer all questions related to previous games and link all things into this game (it feels messy and confusing, that's my perception, i can be wrong).
The number of worlds is very low and the choices of allies for each world are weird. Marshmallow... really? Why not Elsa, Kristoff or even Olaf? The same goes for Rapunzel, she can fight in other ways. And BH6 world only has Baymax as ally... what happens with the other members? Aren't they important?
The lack of FF characters is disappointing and don't tell me is just a KH game, because the success of KH1 was thanks to FF and Disney characters along with the KH original characters all included perfectly well... In this game there should be much more FF references.
There are some aspects that make me think it was rushed, but moreso it just feels phoned in. Agree with everything else you said, though.

Lovesponge

Awards
The darkness is trying to tempt me people.They have copies of the game at my job!!!!!! Wtfffffffffff!!!!!!!!
Isn't that like really, really early. Do retailers often get copies of games three weeks before release? Because if so I would assume there would be some shops that don't care that much and just start selling the game under the table. Or at least the shop owners playing the game themselves?

Ugh... my coworker has a copy and he showed me it. The time has come.
How did he got one already?

U.N. Owen

Awards
2) My comments weren't centered around "western gender politics" but nice try. This is about basically decent writing and the way that women in the series have been and could continue to be categorically excluded from it for no good reason. Everybody benefits from well written and developed female characters. The story itself benefits.

The definition of decent writing changes form culture to culture, nation to nation, and era to era. Just look at the difference between Noh theater, Shakespearean theater, and Broadway theater.

How college papers are written is another example. The West tends to write deductively while other nations end to write inductively. It doesn't mean one is less valid than the other.

I'm not saying your point doesn't have merit, but the wording could use some work.

Isn't that like really, really early. Do retailers often get copies of games three weeks before release? Because if so I would assume there would be some shops that don't care that much and just start selling the game under the table. Or at least the shop owners playing the game themselves?

Ehhh idk how that works honestly. I know the regular Wal-Mart's don't have it yet but I work at a Walmart Distribution center in Georgia.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I don't have much to say about the gender politics other than I thought Kairi's character was good in KHII. I'm not going to go in depth because this conversation could completely derail if I explain it, but I think that saying that Kairi was just a damsel in distress in that game is missing the forest for the trees in my eyes. I dunno. Can we all agree that she should have been in more of Dream Drop at least? Cause I'm willing to hop on that train any day of the week WHOOP

Lovesponge

Awards
Ehhh idk how that works honestly. I know the regular Wal-Mart's don't have it yet but I work at a Walmart Distribution center in Georgia.
Aha, there in the distrubition center still. I would assume they won't be shipped yet to the stores for at least another two weeks. That makes more sense.

I assume the security is tight in those centers so we won't see a stolen copy pop up easily on the internet like a couple of weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back