• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaferian

Awards
Hey, does anyone have that list of how magic is changed by forms? I can't find it sifting through the thread.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
"Face My Fears" is still catchy, the opening itself is still a miss. So much they could have drawn from, and so many ways it could have been pieced together, and they went with the anime clip show design. Yikes.

KaitoCam

"Face My Fears" is still catchy, the opening itself is still a miss. So much they could have drawn from, and so many ways it could have been pieced together, and they went with the anime clip show design. Yikes.
I don't see it as a clip show. I see it as Xehanort playing the entire series like a game of chess and it comes to a close. and in the end Sora has his king.

sorawild

When it comes to the numbered KH games, I'd say KH3's OP is better than KH1's at least. Honestly I think its better than most of them, only beaten out by KH2's OP.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
That is a very accurate description of what happens. I can't dispute it.

These responses from you always crack me up xD

Yeah, I think it's a mess in places kind of? Gah, I dunno. Look forward to a music review on it eventually I guess? I'm really not qualified to discuss the intricacies of dubstep and EDM styles, but I'll do my research and then talk about it in depth. But yeah, clipshow is a very good word for it.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Lyrics if anyone is interested.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

You’ve got some of the second verse wrong
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
When it comes to the numbered KH games, I'd say KH3's OP is better than KH1's at least. Honestly I think its better than most of them, only beaten out by KH2's OP.
You're almost right but there's a couple of problems with this one
Spoiler Spoiler Show

So the final world is explorable.
Are you referring to the comment about the final battle? I wouldn't define that as "explorable."

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Uh, is this confirmed? with video footage?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I love the opening. Y'know...if they took out the overabundance of sokai like come on namine and riku did more for sora than kairi ever did like her god damn tears of light didn't save sora. namine and riku worked hard and roxas sacrificed himself ughhhhh this revisionist history is killing me

I love "Face My Fears". Add a little bass to it on a sound system and it'll be even better.

So the final world is explorable.

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

KaitoCam

at
Fixed with help from shuyin_zer0

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think I've ever seen a justification for a Disney world that couldn't work within the context of a KH game (because the whole series is structured around stock Disney motifs), and KH3 in particular could have benefited from a spectrum of lesser known titles which are not superior because they are unpopular but because they are both directly relevant to themes and storylines that KH3 has at its center and, at the same time, they stand as distinctive markers within a stratified universe. Unlike KoC and Arendelle, or Toy Box and San Fransokyo, which are essentially cut from the same cloth with some decorative differences, worlds like that of Black Cauldron, Atlantis, Alice in Wonderland, and Lilo & Stitch are all like little cultural microcosms that provide a sense of range and scale to the universe, from the ancient and long-hidden underwater civilization to the war-torn kingdom to the quiet, intimate beach town to the bizarre dreamscape, they each have a character that is all their own and the reason for visiting the Disney worlds is to watch our protagonist's story collide with and influence and, ultimately, depart having been influenced in return by the internal convolutions of each Disney setting. So knowing that the KH plot will be literally going on "in the background" of the Frozen story, or that Toy Box and BH6 are "canon" so there are now restrictions on what can and can't take place and everything has to adhere to previously established plot mechanics which follow from a story that was never intended to accommodate the KH universe, is disheartening. I don't care that Organization members show up in the world to babble incomprehensibly at Sora, that's a lazy shortcut to making them seem essential when any Disney (or original world) setting could serve the same purpose.

Any Disney movie can be made to resonate with the plot of KH with barely any work at all. Inspired selections go beyond that to consider what the KH universe looks like with them in it. KH3, despite showcasing these individually sizable worlds, ends up feeling rather small.

To me, the KH universe felt small when they were reusing the same worlds throughout KH1, CoM, KH2, Days, BBS, and Re:Coded. (Wonderland, Olympus, Agrabah, Monstro, Halloween Town, Atlantica, Neverland, Beast’s Castle) Rehashing the same worlds and plots 5 times in some cases doesn’t seem very inspired to me. To each their own though.

Any of these games could have featured Black Cauldron or Atlantis or additional versions of Lilo and Stitch or Wonderland. But they didn’t. So why aren’t we also criticizing all those other games for not including these when they would have worked just as well back then since according to you they can insert any world at any time regardless of story relevance? Not sure why KH3 is suddenly the time to start griping about the lack of these films, despite already having worlds based on two of them.

As for the films in KH3 being cut from the same cloth, Tangled and Corona I can see since they’re both European fairytale kingdoms with one having the addition of snow. But Toy Story and Big Hero 6 are totally different films beyond being CGI and set in the modern era. The Toy Story franchise explores a coming of age story from the perspective of the child’s toys. Big Hero 6 deals with a child prodigy as he goes from wanting to exact vengeance for his brother’s death to instead striving to honoring his legacy. One is set in suburban America from a toy’s perspective while one is set in an alternate universe where Japanese immigrants rebuilt San Francisco after the 1906 earthquake, causing it to become a melting pot for Japanese and American culture, as well as being a hub for science and innovation. They stand apart pretty well to me and both worlds have plenty of unique character.

I also highly doubt plot elements like worlds being split in two, robots being possessed by demons, or manifestations of pain in the form of data bugs entering the real world are adhering to the previously established plot mechanics in those films. Lmao

(Btw, Black Cauldron has never been likely to happen considering it would have to be approved by the estate of Lloyd Alexander. Considering the film almost tanked the company and the similar trouble with the Tarzan rights, I doubt Disney would bother. It may have more of a chance when they release their live action adaption of Chronicles of Prydain: The Book of Three.)

Seighart

Awards
At least we got Twilight Town. I'm over here wishing we got Traverse Town. I'm conflicted with Twilight Town. If we get to go to the Mansion...why? We only get to go outside of it and that's it. Why not just leave it out if just to tease? To an extent we can keep going and say "Why have the woods?" And then eventually "Why have this world here?".

If it doesn't serve a purpose in the story then it doesn't need to be there honestly. We have KH4 to look forward to. The only reason i'm okay with this is because it seems Nomura is putting his focus up on concluding this saga. All the "extra" areas we dont need can be added in a much bigger game. I only see the series getting better and Nomura has shown us that get listens to an extent. If not this game it'll be in the next.

I just hope the fans can be a little bit more understanding. We still might play in areas that are solely used for the plot. Meaning we wont ever go back to these areas. Like the area where we fight Xemnas in Kh2. When Sora 1v1s Xemnas. Perhaps we will poke inside the mansion for cutscenes. All is not lost. I do think everyone is being more negative than positive about KH3 and honestly it's not something I see changing. There's a lot to be happy about too guys. That's not me saying "Dont talk about the bad because its negative!". Its me saying give the positive it's due diligence too. Nomura and his team worked too hard on this game for us to ignore the good. Theres like 50+ pages dedicated to the "bad" stuff we have been SPECULATING about. Let's talk about some of the good more guys.

Awards
OMFG I JUST REALIZED THIS AFTER WATCHING ONE OF THE VIDEOS

Spoiler Spoiler Show

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
OMFG I JUST REALIZED THIS AFTER WATCHING ONE OF THE VIDEOS

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Scala's Hope

Awards
I can't believe it's looking more and more that Scala *is* explorable but you're constantly in combat while doing it.
It makes sense the final battle would start inmmediately, as why would the xehanorts just leave you be after you stepped into their world surviving the KG?
I wonder if we will go up as we fight them or something.

Awards
Leaker talked about Scala again.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Blizzard-

Awards
Watched the full opening and man, I really love Face my Fears. And geez Axel knows how to slay.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

mytomxxx

Leaker talked about Scala again.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It makes me feel kinda disapointed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back