• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If Dubai has the game and story spoilers are coming, I’m out of here. Y’all need to learn to moderate yourselves because fuck y’all so far for ruining my first time experience with the game; I’m not wanting to learn actual story shit 19 days before the game launches ._.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Also, just to being this up, someone mentioned that Noruma or the team did a poll of which worlds people wanted and Radiant Garden ranked number 5 and that's how it got shafted and if that's honestly the case, that's really stupid.

Writers and creators of ongoing story shouldn't be driven by polls from a couple 100 people. That just seems asinine.

maximumlight8

Awards
We have no official confirmation it's in Dubai, but Dubai apparently usually gets games very early. It's totally possible that within a week, assuming Dubai gets them, there will be story spoilers. When that happens, the current leaker will probably fade into obscurity.

2 quid is good

Awards
Also, just to being this up, someone mentioned that Noruma or the team did a poll of which worlds people wanted and Radiant Garden ranked number 5 and that's how it got shafted and if that's honestly the case, that's really stupid.

Writers and creators of ongoing story shouldn't be driven by polls from a couple 100 people. That just seems asinine.

That sounds ridiculously unreasonable, that can't be the reason right?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Radiant Garden DLC focusing on Rinoa reuniting with Leon please!

If we get actual story spoilers we should reach 300 pages before the actual official release. Not that it will matter for me because if that happens I'm disappearing from the spoiler sections :p

ZJGamer

Cash' me outside if KH3FM doesn't happen and has Radiant Garden as a new world with a whole new scenario.

Y'all forget Nomura added the Realm of Darkness in BBSFM, which was pretty much a whole new world.

Oh my God you're right. There is actually precedent for a DLC world to be added later on.

sorawild

Leaker uploaded the Opening again, with an actual capture of the game this time and not off his phone.

EDIT: Never mind, it was taken down almost immediately

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That sounds ridiculously unreasonable, that can't be the reason right?

I doubt it was what motivated them. It sounded like they had the story pretty much set in stone back then and were shocked that people cared so much about original worlds so they really had no way of adding more in. Even with RG one being #5 on the fan poll, I doubt that was a driving motivator for why it didn't make its way in KH3.

Nomura is rarely swayed by the words of a few fans. It takes more constant begging for him to take action of certain things.

I'm more certain that what happened was a push from executives to focus on Disney and Pixar before all else.

sorawild

I'm more certain that what happened was a push from executives to focus on Disney and Pixar before all else.

Well I'm fine with it since it seems the Disney worlds are actually gonna be integrated into the story again, instead of how they were in the past few games where they were essentially just pit-stops.

2 quid is good

Awards

Yeah this sounds plausible to me, especially considering Disneys rejuvenated interest in the series. It still smarts though, and as early as 2015, when they were essentially remaking the game, Nomura knew FF was a hugely popular want.

Gahhh I'm just kinda down about this. I really didn't even consider they wouldn't be in at all. This is a lot different to Treasure Planet or Jungle Book not making the cut, this is something that has an actual overarching element to the series.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I've been waiting for the Full Opening to drop, I'm probably going to stop looking at leaks now.

I guess see you guys in February?

maximumlight8

Awards
Post game content spoilers

Spoiler Spoiler Show

UltimaXOmega

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Leaferian

Awards
Post game content spoilers

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Well, uh...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KaitoCam

I figured out the lyrics but I don't know how to spoiler tag. I also have a file for the opening but I won't post it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
So sure. You could judge the game before you play it. You could get mad about the uninspired world choices, but if Nomura can still tell a good story with what he was allowed to work with, then we should be excited and withhold our judgment till we have experienced the whole.
Your commentary only proves my point, which is that KH1 and 2 succeeded where KH3 confounds and disappoints in this regard. Nomura was able to craft stories utilizing a wide range of Disney IPs in past games which lent the franchise a sense of creative breadth, the creative foundations of the series notwithstanding-- indeed, it was the Disney brand reputation which constituted both the series' main selling point and its primary hurdle to overcome from the early stages of development through to the marketing side. The fact that Nomura and co. were able to defy expectations and create a successful crossover with actual franchise potential considering the content he had to work with and the prejudices he had to subvert (mine own included) is not (just) the result of a lucky pitch or a stroke of genius; rather there was an obvious, concerted effort with the first title to press against the boundaries of what a Disney video game could offer to players in terms of narrative, gameplay and aesthetics. KH1 and the subsequent entries have largely succeeded based on the merits of a willingness to go against the finely polished grain of Disney's mega-corporate status and substitute the standard assurances which accompany it with less predictable gaming experiences that don't shy from veering off the beaten path and making weird decisions which are in no way guaranteed to garner popularity. The idea is that it's not enough to just rehash the same Disney ubiquity which we are constantly exposed to, but that there's a mandate to expand upon and occasionally challenge or redefine its dimensions. KH3 is, in so many ways, more akin to what many supposed KH1 would be in its approach: a Kids Bop! style hits album of Disney's popularest eyecandy personified in a thinly narrated excuse to put anime shit and Mickey Mouse on the same Hot Topic t-shirt.

That's why I say Disney doesn't understand the appeal. This is all relative, of course: yes, KH is still a Disney franchise with basically cynical consumerist ambitions to make the big bucks for its producers, but there is nevertheless something to be said for the conceptual craftsmanship of the previous games implied within that unwillingness to settle for the easy angle. With the exception of KH2's first half, which we all hate anyway.

I’m glad we have Disney worlds that actually fit with the main plot this time. The world choices in this game are inspired because they were decided based on what worked best for the story rather than just picking random Disney properties out of a hat.
I don't think I've ever seen a justification for a Disney world that couldn't work within the context of a KH game (because the whole series is structured around stock Disney motifs), and KH3 in particular could have benefited from a spectrum of lesser known titles which are not superior because they are unpopular but because they are both directly relevant to themes and storylines that KH3 has at its center and, at the same time, they stand as distinctive markers within a stratified universe. Unlike KoC and Arendelle, or Toy Box and San Fransokyo, which are essentially cut from the same cloth with some decorative differences, worlds like that of Black Cauldron, Atlantis, Alice in Wonderland, and Lilo & Stitch are all like little cultural microcosms that provide a sense of range and scale to the universe, from the ancient and long-hidden underwater civilization to the war-torn kingdom to the quiet, intimate beach town to the bizarre dreamscape, they each have a character that is all their own and the reason for visiting the Disney worlds is to watch our protagonist's story collide with and influence and, ultimately, depart having been influenced in return by the internal convolutions of each Disney setting. So knowing that the KH plot will be literally going on "in the background" of the Frozen story, or that Toy Box and BH6 are "canon" so there are now restrictions on what can and can't take place and everything has to adhere to previously established plot mechanics which follow from a story that was never intended to accommodate the KH universe, is disheartening. I don't care that Organization members show up in the world to babble incomprehensibly at Sora, that's a lazy shortcut to making them seem essential when any Disney (or original world) setting could serve the same purpose.

Any Disney movie can be made to resonate with the plot of KH with barely any work at all. Inspired selections go beyond that to consider what the KH universe looks like with them in it. KH3, despite showcasing these individually sizable worlds, ends up feeling rather small.

KaitoCam

Lyrics if anyone is interested.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I’m fairly certain nomura said in an interview around e3 not to expect many final fantasy characters.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I've got... thoughts about the opening upon watching a higher quality version. I'll hold off on discussing the intricacies of the musicianship presented when I do a full soundtrack review, as well as what the animation's role is in the song and whether or not the two parts collide in any dissonant or consonant ways.

I will say this, though. The HQ version uploaded helps a lot in forming an opinion on it. The background noise and shaky camera on the original video made it almost impossible to discern what was going on during it, so having this version out there makes it easier for me to understand what they were doing at least. Maybe I'll hold face my fears off for a comparison thread of the opening themes and their correlation to the videos they are presenting, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back