• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

the red monster

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yes, we know it for sure. (he posted a video)
it's just cutscenes likely
sorry but from the look of things they messed up with this game big time
all the original worlds are only 2-3 areas, disney worlds look empty.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Yes, we know it for sure. (he posted a video)
it's just cutscenes likely
sorry but from the look of things they messed up with this game big time
all the original worlds are only 2-3 areas, disney worlds look empty.

But KH2 + BBS, gave us EXTENSIVE exploration of a few of the "original" worlds. Honestly, it it doesn't make sense to give the player a reason to explore sections of original worlds, or even axing original worlds, then that's fine by me. There's nothing suprising about those worlds anymore. We have access to the KH collections, so if you want to get some nostalgia pick up a copy of 2.5 and have a ball.

Sure, I'd love to see every nook and cranny pretty, but if it means more dynamic worlds and exploration in the Disney worlds, then fuck yes!

I've tried to love the Disney worlds equally with the original ones. And if the new original worlds are dope, then I can feel good about my time in whichever returning ones there are.

It feels silly to get salty about the whole thing because this leaker sounds really good at driving a narrative a certain way. Drop a few clips that ratchet up what he's claiming, and then get everyone shook. Day 1 patches can do a lot, and it's been said at several points that there's content locked behind the D1 Patch. And like, sure Nomura doesn't like DLC, but it's possible that we'll get extra content drip fed to us, ala live service, but maybe it'll open up some stuff. Don't get hopes up for something like that, but we shall see. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some story sections added post game like FFXV.

robotman

Seems like the team are going to have a lot of work on their hands regarding the post game and DLC if what we've seen is anything to go by, people will be complaining a lot about the lack of things.

I'm expecting extra trophies, secret bosses, coliseum (although the battle portals seem to have replaced this) or maybe extra battle portals, making certain areas expanded or accessible, data battles or boss replay mode, removing flashing from the walls, scaling difficulty, etc... Whether they'll update some of this, all of this or add it all as a Final Mix version remains to be seen.

mytomxxx

All this discussions make me wanna have the game so hard, I just want to play it and find out what I feel about the game, if it's good, if it's bad, if it could be better.

This wait is killing me.

About the extra contents, i'm pretty confident we will have some kind o final mix, if i'm not wrong they already talked about dlc's.

drew0512

Awards
Now Disney worlds are empty? Oh boy, this is too much even for me now.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Late to the party I know, and more than likely most of you have known about this when the Twilight Town footage had been posted. But now that Merlin is in Twilight Town and has the 100 Acre Wood book out next to Remy's restaurant it seems that that this is where you enter the 100 Acre Wood world

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The link summons were all good choices. Even though I don't like stitch, a lot of people were aching to see more of him, so I'm glad that he's a link again in this game. Simba was always a favorite of mine, Wreck it Ralph's link is honestly really unique, and Ariel's is just flat cool.

I'm so glad with what they did to Meow Wow's link. Before this, the only summon we had that was even semi-original to the world of KH was KH Cloud in Chain of Memories. Meow Wow being an original link summon does a lot for the concept of Keyblade wielders leading dream eaters to the world of light as well as offer us a really unique way to incorporate Sora's very first dream eater, as well as a bunch of others, into Kingdom Hearts III without having to code in the party member system from that game. Meow Wow being revealed as the first link summon was a perfect choice, and I'm very excited to finally be able to experiment with this summon when the game comes out. I am honestly just more happy that they took the ending of DDD and actually DID something with it! THAT's a good payoff Square!

EDIT: I don't participate in the what-if scenarios of KHIII Final Mix discussion boards, but the links I would like to have added after the fact would be a return of Bambi and Tinker Bell to this game. Tinker Bell because she's a fan favorite and fills a unique niche among other summons and Bambi because he's always been my favorite summon and I would love to see his MP orb power show up in a future Kingdom Hearts game.

Lovesponge

Awards
Welcome to Kingdom Hearts. Al Disney worlds are always empty for already 15 years :p

The Disney worlds in KH3 will probably still not be packed, but it will be miles and miles better than any other KH iteration

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Not all of the Disney worlds at empty though. We've seen NPCs in Corona, the E3 trailer of Olympus and according to the leaks San Fransokyo and Thebes has NPCs as well . Plus the town of Port Royal has been confirmed for the Caribbean and that should be filled with townsfolk

drew0512

Awards
Ops, I think I worded that badly. I meant "Are we really complaining about Disney worlds when they're really a lot better than before?". I know they're not empty and I'm so happy about that (the main wish I had for KH3 was a return of platforming, so I'm rather excited for this game). I can take criticism about original worlds and whatnot, but "empty" referred to KH3's Disney worlds is a tad too much, personally.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
That's just a bias, though. At the time of KH1, Hercules was 5 years old, Tarzan was 3 years old, Aladdin was 10 years old and Nightmare Before Christmas was 9 years old.
At the time of KH2, PoTC was 2 years old, Mulan was 7 years old and The Lion King was 11 years old.
KH has always promoted recent Disney movies, so it shouldn't be surprising. As a recent interview confirms, they try to find a balance between recent movies (because they need to draw in new audience) and gameplay opportunities/story relevance. From what we've seen, KH3 will handle this in a very good way, whilst KH2 completely failed.
Let's not forget that in KH2 Beauty and the Beast was 24 years old, Tron was 23 years old, Hercules was 8 years old, Nightmare Before Christmas was 12 years old, and Little Mermaid was 13 years old for KH and 16 years old in KH2 respectively.

For Dream Drop Distance, Tron:Legacy was their most recent Disney movie at the time and that was almost 2 years old, Hunchback of Notre Dame was 16 years old, Pinocchio and Fantasia were 72 years old and Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers was 8 years old.

Now that KH3 is almost out let's look at the following Hercules is 21/22 years old, the Toy Story franchise is 23 years old (first film) but for the other films they are 20 (2nd film) 9 years respectively (3rd film), Monsters Inc. is 17/18 years old, the third Pirates film is 11/12 years old, Tangled is 8/9 years old, Frozen is 5/6 years old and Big Hero 6 is 4 years old as of now.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Y’all need to chill out You cannot criticize this game because it has not the Disney worlds you wanted it to have. Damn, this is so annoying
For me, this isn't about what worlds. This is about the number of worlds. And what we've learned about the original worlds, it's clear time that could've been spent on 1 or 2 more Disney worlds wasn't spent on them since they're mostly small.

mytomxxx

Dude potc is a frkin mini open world, how people think this is empty.

Alot of little islands to explore. I'm amazed how can you be not.

CDD

Awards
For me, this isn't about what worlds. This is about the number of worlds. And what we've learned about the original worlds, it's clear time that could've been spent on 1 or 2 more Disney worlds wasn't spent on them since they're mostly small.

You willing to wait another year for them to add 1 or 2 Disney worlds? Serious question.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
The link summons were all good choices. Even though I don't like stitch, a lot of people were aching to see more of him, so I'm glad that he's a link again in this game. Simba was always a favorite of mine, Wreck it Ralph's link is honestly really unique, and Ariel's is just flat cool.
No doubt it, I really digging the summon links. Also the Spoiler tag I just want to clarify that it wasn't meant that I'm disappointed on the links it's just what we're expecting in the actual game.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
You willing to wait another year for them to add 1 or 2 Disney worlds? Serious question.
I guess what I think is they should’ve been able to do more in the time they had. They had 3x the time of 3D, which had 7 huge worlds including the originals and was for a handheld. Just sayin’.

ZJGamer

Square-Enix should have just started developing KH3 on Unreal Engine 4 from the very beginning instead of stubbornly sticking to their own overly-expensive and overly-complex internal engines. It's so frustrating to see people using the one year of development they lost by switching engines as a defense for this game, when Square is the one at fault for being stubborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back