• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did Marluxia and Larxene try to take over the organisation?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Veevee

Awards
Hey guys,
this has bothered me for a while now. I recently rewatched the cutscenes of the game and it's stated that both baddies try to take over the organisation by using Naminé to make Sora their puppet. So far, so good. The real question to me is: Why? What were they trying to with Sora / with the organisation?

I know the novels aren't canon, but it is stated there that Larxene, as well as Marluxia, found Castle Oblivion "boring" and at least Larxene remembered having a heart being painful and wondered whether they would be better off not having a heart.
Regarding only the "practical" value of a person, Sora is rather uninteresting despite having a keyblade and if they are not after getting a heart by forming an artificial Kingdom Hearts, why bother with Sora? On the other hand, there's not much of a reason to "hog" an artificial Kingdom Hearts for oneself. Taking over the organisation was a pretty risky thing after all because they couldn't count on the other eleven members to just go along with it.

Did I just miss some interview or Ultimania fact or whatever? Because it doesn't make much sense to me.

Otaku

Awards
I don't think it was ever explicitly stated. But Marluxia, like most who try to overthrow their leader, probably was just greedy for the power or thought he was a better fit for the role. I think with Larxene you could assume she wanted to go with that plan because she wasn't interested in getting her heart back, which is what she said in the KH2 short stories at least.

Maybe it'll get expanded on in KH3 or KHUX - I'm not sure if you follow Union X but there has been revelations to do with Larxene at least.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
wrath, envy, greed, sloth, pride, gluttony, and lust.

Larxene is wrath, sloth, and lust. Homegirl loves to hurt people, doesn't wanna follow Xemnas's orders because she's lazy, and gets her rocks off by beating up and abusing poor little guy Sora.

Marluxia is envy, greed, pride, and gluttony. Jealous of the big cheese, wants to take over an entire castle even though it's pretty barren and useless, thinks he's above all other members, and wants to enslave the Keyblade master.

lock em up

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I think it is because they are iconic.

U.N. Owen

Awards
Apparently, Xemnas didn't have their best intentions or something.

That's not too far from the truth.

Veevee

Awards
I don't think it was ever explicitly stated. But Marluxia, like most who try to overthrow their leader, probably was just greedy for the power or thought he was a better fit for the role. I think with Larxene you could assume she wanted to go with that plan because she wasn't interested in getting her heart back, which is what she said in the KH2 short stories at least.

Maybe it'll get expanded on in KH3 or KHUX - I'm not sure if you follow Union X but there has been revelations to do with Larxene at least.

First of all: I love your profile pic!
I really hope it gets expanded on. I've been playing Ux for years now and I have noticed that there's a "Larxene" cutscene, but haven't watched it yet. It kind of just bothers me that a smart person like Marluxia, even if he's greedy for power, would try to overthrow the organisation if it has no real use to him since it was founded (official reason) to allow the members to get a heart. So if that's what he was after and thought everyone else is too stupid for the job, that would be kind of funny. Otherwise, I simply can't see what he wanted with the orga or a stupid mind-controlled kid with a key.

It's an interesting thought that he was suspicious of the orga's true goals and was trying to get information or control by overthrowing them, but since he was nearly the last member to join, he shouldn't have joined at all if he thought it was fishy. Re:Com is my favorite game story-wise, but this is kind of shallow.

Johnny

I'm guessing we may see why they tried to overtake Xemnas in KH3.

Back