• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatal Mode

There isn't going to be DLC anything FFS. The epilouge/secret movie is just cut content they removed to prevent spoilers

You think they will not have dlc for a triple A title in 2019, that also happens to be one of their bigger releases for the year? Where are you pulling that from?

Senzura

Banned
Yes there is. As been said before, KH3 is getting post launch support. And by the way, we already had four DLC Keyblades announced.

The closest thing said to that is Normura said they MIGHT be open to MAYBE adding DLC. He said that a year ago and nothing has come out about it since, so its pretty fair to say that the possibility fell through.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes there is. As been said before, KH3 is getting post launch support. And by the way, we already had four DLC Keyblades announced.

I'm hoping we'll get a Two Become One keyblade or Oathkeeper/Oblivion that give you a form change that lets you dual wield like Roxas. Some of my favorite keyblades from the series to return as aesthetic DLC. I don't want all of the DLC-blades to be Second Form.

Except for the fact that even Tabata said Square is going to start supporting the "Games as a Service" model and we have on the record that Nomura flat out says he wont be releasing DLC via a Season Pass because he doesn't believe in that style of practice. Needless to say, that does NOT mean we aren't getting DLC of the sort. Dno if you're following things with the company, but they just got a new CEO not too long ago and Nomura mentioned DLC very early on in development. These practices are fresh so anything before XV is honestly irrelevant when it comes to their AAA flagship games. If you think a couple of keyblades and a boss is going to be the only dlc support this game is going to have post launch...well our conversation is pretty much done. Square atm doesnt have much in regards to games releasing this year so supporting KH3 post launch would be not only smart, but again obvious. Even if it's not paid dlc they will be supporting it will meaningful dlc.

Yes, and we've already seen several keyblades added as DLC. I don't think they'd add anything meaningful to the game that would take away from the main experience. Unless it's post game (but again i doubt they'd add entire worlds as DLC) then they would save anything additional like that for the Final Mix. There's a lot more that would go in to making World DLC than they would probably care to put forth at the cost of, say, 10 a world. Disney gets a cut if it's a disney world, hiring new voice actors for said worlds, even original worlds would have to hire new voice actors if the DLC includes characters that weren't in the main game, then there would be the work using the new engine to make these new areas. If they added something to already existing worlds, it wouldn't fall under the category you're implying. A lot of extra work they would be putting in for some DLC. They will probably be focusing much more on FF VII remake as opposed to DLC for KH3 to add more worlds. As soon as they secure part 1, MAYBE we'll see the Final Mix for 3 pop up. Unless they hire another group to work on FF VII, Nomura is supposed to be 100% involved with it right? Which development teams are supposed to be focused on VII and which ones were working on KH3? Because that's an important factor too when considering moving resources around to add extra content to a game.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
That this game isnt worth 60 dollar?

Well, that's subjective. But nobody's forcing you to buy the game, just watch someone stream it if you feel that way.

I'm not going to let outside opinions affect my hype levels for the game and my own experience, that's dumb. I'll decide if I think it's a good game AFTER I play it, not a month before even touching my receipt.

I could complain about things I can't change and have a miserable experience OR I can be open minded and appreciate the game for what it is. If I really thought everything I heard was trash, I wouldn't even bother buying the game at all. I choose to believe that the game will be an amazing experience, and if it turns out that it isn't, then I'll cross that bridge when it's time to.

I never had these crazy high expectations, so there's no reason for me to feel like I've been cheated out of anything at all.

maximumlight8

Awards
I'm fine with dlc if it has substantial content, but not having to pay. If I have to pay to fight a boss, that would be a major disappointment. I also hope that if the arena/coliseum does return, that it is not online. I don't want to play online when people will abuse OP combos or shotlocks or whatever.

Fatal Mode

Well, that's subjective. But nobody's forcing you to buy the game, just watch someone stream it if you feel that way.

I'm not going to let outside opinions affect my hype levels for the game and my own experience, that's dumb. I'll decide if I think it's a good game AFTER I play it, not a month before even touching my receipt.

I could complain about things I can't change and have a miserable experience OR I can be open minded and appreciate the game for what it is. If I really thought everything I heard was trash, I wouldn't even bother buying the game at all. I choose to believe that the game will be an amazing experience, and if it turns out that it isn't, then I'll cross that bridge when it's time to.

I never had these crazy high expectations, so there's no reason for me to feel like I've been cheated out of anything at all.

This seems like a pretty good approach to most things. Kingdom Hearts has always been an x-factor series for me. Always been greater than the sum of its parts. On paper there are a lot of things I don’t like about the various games, they’ve just always had that certain something.

KaitoCam

The leaker is having a twitter argument with some guy who claims to have the game as well maybe he'll bait him into spoilers.

Perkilator

Awards
I’m surprised there hasn’t been any music leaked yet. I’ve listened to that San Fransokyo field theme, and it’s orgasmic.

And let’s not forget that new rendition of Afternoon Streets.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m surprised there hasn’t been any music leaked yet. I’ve listened to that San Fransokyo field theme, and it’s orgasmic.

Well, after they updated 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 to remove streaming restrictions, they stated that you can stream all you want as long as it isn't for the purpose of listening to the music. I'd fear that more than story spoilers if I were a leaker lol. Square/Disney would demolish his existence at that point.

maximumlight8

Awards
I just want to say, that troll baited him into a major major spoiler. It's plot related thoug, I don't know if plot spoilers are allowed though.

maximumlight8

Awards
Major Spoiler theory, this is plot related

Spoiler Spoiler Show
(this might prove something the leaker debunked earlier)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Perkilator

Awards
Major Spoiler theory, this is plot related

Spoiler Spoiler Show
(this might prove something the leaker debunked earlier)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
Spoiler Spoiler Show
[/FONT][/FONT]

NoWay

Awards

Where can I listen to these tracks? I don’t know the twitter or Reddit name of the leaker. :(

Seighart

Awards
I'm hoping we'll get a Two Become One keyblade or Oathkeeper/Oblivion that give you a form change that lets you dual wield like Roxas. Some of my favorite keyblades from the series to return as aesthetic DLC. I don't want all of the DLC-blades to be Second Form.

Yes, and we've already seen several keyblades added as DLC. I don't think they'd add anything meaningful to the game that would take away from the main experience. Unless it's post game (but again i doubt they'd add entire worlds as DLC) then they would save anything additional like that for the Final Mix. There's a lot more that would go in to making World DLC than they would probably care to put forth at the cost of, say, 10 a world. Disney gets a cut if it's a disney world, hiring new voice actors for said worlds, even original worlds would have to hire new voice actors if the DLC includes characters that weren't in the main game, then there would be the work using the new engine to make these new areas. If they added something to already existing worlds, it wouldn't fall under the category you're implying. A lot of extra work they would be putting in for some DLC. They will probably be focusing much more on FF VII remake as opposed to DLC for KH3 to add more worlds. As soon as they secure part 1, MAYBE we'll see the Final Mix for 3 pop up. Unless they hire another group to work on FF VII, Nomura is supposed to be 100% involved with it right? Which development teams are supposed to be focused on VII and which ones were working on KH3? Because that's an important factor too when considering moving resources around to add extra content to a game.

I see your points, but i'm being openly optimistic. KH3 consisted of 2 teams. Both Osaka and Tokyo team were working on KH3. Some of the Tokyo team was working on FFXV and didnt join in on development until after that was done. With that big of team i'm sure that just won't have them sitting idly by. Either they're going to be working on the next big KH project or DLC. We have DLC skins and i'd hardly call that post launch support for long term. I've considered those things, but consider that they've always planned this as dlc. It's not like they're going to start working on DLC AFTER launch. Chances are they already started it well before the game went gold. That's not unheard of.

mriku90

Awards
IDK where someone is getting the news that we will have to wait months for the epilogue and secret movie. That is just ridiculous, it makes the most sense to put it in the Day One patch. I highly doubt they'll make us wait any time at all to reveal a hint of what is next for Sora and co.

And DLC will not be the secret movie or epilogue. It will probably be more content for the game and maybe a story campaign.

I feel like DLC add ons will basically be the "Final Mix" for this game. As we all know back in the day there was no such thing as DLC and it definitely wasn't as in demand by companies as it is now.

Seighart

Awards
IDK where someone is getting the news that we will have to wait months for the epilogue and secret movie. That is just ridiculous, it makes the most sense to put it in the Day One patch. I highly doubt they'll make us wait any time at all to reveal a hint of what is next for Sora and co.

And DLC will not be the secret movie or epilogue. It will probably be more content for the game and maybe a story campaign.

I feel like DLC add ons will basically be the "Final Mix" for this game. As we all know back in the day there was no such thing as DLC and it definitely wasn't as in demand by companies as it is now.

Nomura already said if they were to do a Final Mix it'll most likely be through dlc instead of a rerelease.

All we know is that we're getting the epilogue/secret movie "at a later date". We don't know if he was addressing the date he made this statement or sometime after launch. Everyone is just making baseless assumptions at this point.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I see your points, but i'm being openly optimistic. KH3 consisted of 2 teams. Both Osaka and Tokyo team were working on KH3. Some of the Tokyo team was working on FFXV and didnt join in on development until after that was done. With that big of team i'm sure that just won't have them sitting idly by. Either they're going to be working on the next big KH project or DLC. We have DLC skins and i'd hardly call that post launch support for long term. I've considered those things, but consider that they've always planned this as dlc. It's not like they're going to start working on DLC AFTER launch. Chances are they already started it well before the game went gold. That's not unheard of.

I'm not saying I don't want more KH in my life, but I certainly don't want more KH that compromises the main game as standalone, for those people who cannot download things and can only experience the offline stuff (which means they'll have to watch the epilogue and secret movie on youtube or something which is sad) because not everyone has access to an internet connection via PS4, though I imagine they'd be able to access youtube in one way or another. They could be planning something, I want more keyblades and secret bosses, but I can't see them pulling a Ubisoft and leaving important chapters of the game missing and adding them in later for money. I have way more faith in Square than that. They've always been one of my favorite companies and it would let me down if they pulled that move.

Nomura already said if they were to do a Final Mix it'll most likely be through dlc instead of a rerelease.

All we know is that we're getting the epilogue/secret movie "at a later date". We don't know if he was addressing the date he made this statement or sometime after launch. Everyone is just making baseless assumptions at this point.

My guess: As long as the Epilogue and Secret Movie are already finished, they'll add it in a week or two after release to give as many people as they can a chance to be able to finish the game before it is put up on youtube or streamed via twitch. Otherwise, in a day 1 patch, this leaker or anyone else who is already claiming to have the game, will be able to put it online Day 1 and wouldn't give anyone the chance to beat it before it is leaked.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Let's say they add a Hypothetical Multiplayer Mode that is the Colosseum, who will we play as?

We know for a fact that Sora and Riku are playable, Aqua is playable in 0.2 so it wouldn't be too hard to bring her over to this game. I hope we can at most play as all of the Seven Lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back