• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Can you post or send me to a screen print of when he said "I died enough times that caused him to quit"? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Also KH2FM should be the template that they used for KH3 and then add more beyond it, why are you happy with the base game having less content then a game that came out over 10 years ago? I'm not saying this to be combative but I just don't get it. They should be building off of KH2FM to make KH3, then they should expand on that. We've waited so long, no one who loves the series should be happy with this.

The 3 hour worlds was definitely hyperbole, all game creators say that the game is longer than it is. I think that the worlds will probably be max 2 hours, if you want to take it leisurely and collect everything, then yeah it's going probably be longer but the story content won't be 3 hours.

For me, "amazing" things don't become the new norm, but are treated as an exception to the norm. The reason I'm ok with ANYTHING in this game is because, to be frank, the real world itself right now is so crappy that even the shoddiness of KH storytelling and lack of content seems good in comparison.

I get hype over nothing lol, and I'm not disappointed because if my hype is just considered "meh" to everyone else, not much is actually that bad to me.

robotman

Kingdom hearts 2 is a fun game to play. One of my favorites. But there are a lot of problems with it people seem to gloss over. KH3 was never going to be Kingdom Hearts 2 continued, I've seen people on this site warn about that and the expectations it would bring. KH3 was always going to be it's own thing, an amalgamation of all that's come before it.

The leaker himself said the worlds are 2.5-3 hours long, I'm not really sure why people take everything else he would say as gospel but dismiss that part.

I saw a post of him saying 2 - 2.5 hours max for story content but I didn't see a 3 hour story content post. Can you direct me to it, please?

I’m just incredibly interested in how Square handles the backlash, if the game is anything like it’s portrayed to be by the leaker, a huge portion of fans are going to be extremely angry, it’ll be very interesting to see what they do next. That will literally decide if I'm going to continue on after this series. I really hope that I'm wrong and I'm sorry for being so negative but all we have to go on is this leaker (and trailers) and it's not painting a good picture of the game at all.

For me, "amazing" things don't become the new norm, but are treated as an exception to the norm. The reason I'm ok with ANYTHING in this game is because, to be frank, the real world itself right now is so crappy that even the shoddiness of KH storytelling and lack of content seems good in comparison.

I get hype over nothing lol, and I'm not disappointed because if my hype is just considered "meh" to everyone else, not much is actually that bad to me.

Hey, as long as you enjoy the game then that's good, I'm just highly critical because I've been waiting for this game for so long and it doesn't look like they delivered, even on normal things that have been in the other base games.

We all have different reasons for loving the game. I will never forget the first time I play KH at my best friends house and I instantly fell in love. Then KH2 came out and the final boss blew me away, this is just not living up to the hype at all in my eyes.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Didn't the leakers also skip a bunch of cutscenes or something? I distinctly remember hearing something about that.

Considering how long the cutscenes were shown to be for Toy Box, this could mean the worlds are longer than that.

Fatal Mode

I saw a post of him saying 2 - 2.5 hours max for story content but I didn't see a 3 hour story content post. Can you direct me to it, please?

I’m just incredibly interested in how Square handles the backlash, if the game is anything like it’s portrayed to be by the leaker, a huge portion of fans are going to be extremely angry, it’ll be very interesting to see what they do next. That will literally decide if I'm going to continue on after this series. I really hope that I'm wrong and I'm sorry for being so negative but all we have to go on is this leaker (and trailers) and it's not painting a good picture of the game at all.

On the FAQ page on their reddit it's answered I believe.

Don't be sorry, it's fine to feel however you want to feel about all this. I get it trust me.

Golden_Lion

Awards

You aren't being negative. You are being pessimistic. We don't really know what may or may not come with the epilogue (could potentially unlock things/trigger something that allows for more post game content). Until then, some of us can choose to be optimistic and some can choose to be pessimistic.

Last edited:

Seighart

Awards
I do wonder how half of the communities expectations got so high. Well not high... but definitive? I was expecting KH3 to be more like KH3D than KH1 and 2. Idk I just didn't see the series going back to what it was a decade ago. I do not think that we're getting a toned down game. It's just a game a LOT of fans obviously weren't expecting and that's kind of sad to say. This is Nomuras baby and he's going to do with it what he wants and I respect that. I firmly believe everyone will love this game and I can only hope we go back to a time where we praised more of the goood than the bad because we're finally getting 3. A modern, HD, KH game that's likely to pioneer what KH is going to be. There are too many positive things KH3 has going for it for its image to be sullied based on the expectations of what I believe to be a minority.

I've seen people say they're canceling their preorders because of the lack of Radiant Garden or the lack of FF characters. We live in a new age now where a game can release and new content can be delivered (quickly) through updates. I'm honestly just disappointed in the community. I honestly feel like had this stuff not been leaked prior to the games release then we would all go in blind with excitement and a little less nitpicky because we actually have the game. This kind of doom and gloom usually comes AFTER the release and even then i dont think it wouldve been this bad. We have to do better guys. Seriously.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don’t know why people keep creating this argument that people had “big expectations because of Final Mix content.” Ugh, since when are arena tournaments and secret bosses Final Mix content? These people clearly didn't grow up playing the base KH1 or KH2 to know what they're talking about.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Can you post or send me to a screen print of when he said "I died enough times that caused him to quit"? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Also KH2FM should be the template that they used for KH3 and then add more beyond it, why are you happy with the base game having less content then a game that came out over 10 years ago? I'm not saying this to be combative but I just don't get it. They should be building off of KH2FM to make KH3, then they should expand on that. We've waited so long, no one who loves the series should be happy with this.

The 3 hour worlds was definitely hyperbole, all game creators say that the game is longer than it is. I think that the worlds will probably be max 2 hours, if you want to take it leisurely and collect everything, then yeah it's going probably be longer but the story content won't be 3 hours.

Two days ago on Reddit in the thread about his new Twitter:

Mostly Bc I kept dying and my friends came over to watch so i put it on hold

In the post you quoted, I said, “I’m concerned over the lack of non-minigame content.” Yes, I wish it was in the base game. But I also understand that an incredible amount of work went into making this game. The cutscenes alone in each of the Disney worlds are at least an hour long, for a total of 7 hours just for those. It’s take Disney 3-5 years just to make a two hour film of similar quality. So when you add in the probably 5 hours of additional cutscenes, you have the equivalent of six Disney films with on par quality. I have respect for what they have accomplished and therefore I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I experience the game myself to if the compromises they made in development are worth it or not.

I’m surprised people were fine with vanilla KH2 since it’s side content was nothing compared to KH1, even the vanilla version. You can use the same logic that KH2 should have followed KH1’s precedent, but that would have held KH2 back from becoming its own unique game. While KH3 is a narrative conclusion to the saga, it’s been obvious to me since the Toy Box trailer that this game would be carving out its own unique place in the franchise as far as what elements it prroritized. For this game, it is cinematic quality, world design, and gameplay variety.

In short, as a story, this game needs to be a worthwhile conclusion to everything leading up to it. But as a game, I’m perfectly fine with it following its own rules rather than following the KH2FM formula.

Fatal Mode

I don’t know why people keep creating this argument that people had “big expectations because of Final Mix content.” Ugh, since when are arena tournaments and secret bosses Final Mix content? These people clearly didn't grow up playing the base KH1 or KH2 to know what they're talking about.

I am 100% with you on that one, if there are really no tournaments or secret bosses (which seems to be the case) that is a huge oversight to me. I still am pretty optimistic from the footage I've seen. The game looks incredible.

robotman

Two days ago on Reddit in the thread about his new Twitter:

In the post you quoted, I said, “I’m concerned over the lack of non-minigame content.” Yes, I wish it was in the base game. But I also understand that an incredible amount of work went into making this game. The cutscenes alone in each of the Disney worlds are at least an hour long, for a total of 7 hours just for those. It’s take Disney 3-5 years just to make a two hour film of similar quality. So when you add in the probably 5 hours of additional cutscenes, you have the equivalent of six Disney films with on par quality. I have respect for what they have accomplished and therefore I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I experience the game myself to if the compromises they made in development are worth it or not.

I’m surprised people were fine with vanilla KH2 since it’s side content was nothing compared to KH1, even the vanilla version. You can use the same logic that KH2 should have followed KH1’s precedent, but that would have held KH2 back from becoming its own unique game. While KH3 is a narrative conclusion to the saga, it’s been obvious to me since the Toy Box trailer that this game would be carving out its own unique place in the franchise as far as what elements it prroritized. For this game, it is cinematic quality, world design, and gameplay variety.

In short, as a story, this game needs to be a worthwhile conclusion to everything leading up to it. But as a game, I’m perfectly fine with it following its own rules rather than following the KH2FM formula.

This argument makes no sense, base KH2 had more content than base KH1, it built off of the previous formula, when you add KHFM and KH2FM then the comparison is even wider. People were happy with KH2 because it built off of KH1 and added new combat, better movement and it also had more Disney worlds.

If you're content with what you've seen from the game then that's totally fine but you saying "Disney films are only 2 hours long and it takes 3-5 years to make one film, so KH3 if each Disney world has 1 hour of content we'll have 7 hours of cutscenes and that's enough" is absolutely ludicrous, are the standards that low for KH3? It should be trying to excel expectations, not barely reaching them (which it doesn't even seem to be doing for some of us). All the Disney worlds in KH3 are already following/based off of pre-made films and even if they make their own stories they still have base characters and a general ethos to work it. I don't get this ardent defending of a game that seems to be lacking content and it doesn't even have the base things of previous games. If you care enough to make an account on this game then you love the series but everyone has different expectations. That's just the way it is.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all that read this post! I'm out for now lol!

notnow123487

Awards
Didn't the leakers also skip a bunch of cutscenes or something? I distinctly remember hearing something about that.

Considering how long the cutscenes were shown to be for Toy Box, this could mean the worlds are longer than that.

He went back and watched anything he skipped.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I like what I've seen so far and I'm excited to explore everything in the game. The leaks only cemented this for me. Exploration is one of my favorite parts of gaming, and because of this I'm going to spend a substantial amount of time just checking everything out like I always do. That Toy Story world looks great all around. Even the air vents we saw in the TGS and demo gameplay excited me back then. As long as it's got new things, I'm down for it. Also, this game is finally having fun with the concept of keyblade transformation, and I can't possibly be more excited. Keyblade transformation beats dual wielding any day for me.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This argument makes no sense, base KH2 had more content than base KH1, it built off of the previous formula, when you add KHFM and KH2FM then the comparison is even wider. People were happy with KH2 because it built off of KH1 and added new combat, better movement and it also had more Disney worlds.

If you're content with what you've seen from the game then that's totally fine but you saying "Disney films are only 2 hours long and it takes 3-5 years to make one film, so KH3 if each Disney world has 1 hour of content we'll have 7 hours of cutscenes and that's enough" is absolutely ludicrous, are the standards that low for KH3? It should be trying to excel expectations, not barely reaching them (which it doesn't even seem to be doing for some of us). All the Disney worlds in KH3 are already following/based off of pre-made films and even if they make their own stories they still have base characters and a general ethos to work it. I don't get this ardent defending of a game that seems to be lacking content and it doesn't even have the base things of previous games. If you care enough to make an account on this game then you love the series but everyone has different expectations. That's just the way it is.

I guess you misread. Global’s vanilla KH1 had more SIDE content than vanilla KH2. As in more secret bosses like Seohiroth, Ice Titan, Kurt Zisa, and Phantom as opposed to KH2’s Sephiroth, as well as more side missions like collecting Dalmatians and finding Trinities. Not to mention more to discover in the worlds that you weren’t lead through during the story. The only major side content vanilla KH2 has that KH1 doesn’t are the Paradox Cups, but in my opinion none of the KH2 Cups were particularly fun thanks to the gameplay restrictions and lack of meaningful rewards.

Nothing I’m saying is “ludicrous” just like none of your criticisms are. KH2 has 13 hours of cutscenes and a siginificant chunk of those were scenes that were just characters saying, “It looks like he went that way” or something else inconsequential. In KH3, those kind of “pointing you in the right direction” scenes are no longer necessary because they’re utilizing field dialogue now. On top of that, the Disney worlds only had about 45 minutes of cutscenes counting the second visits. The Premiere Event version of the Toy Box demo alone had 40 minutes of cutscenes, supposedly a third into the world. So there could as much as 2 hours worth of cutscenes if Yasue is to be believed, but I said one hour since there’s no way it’s less than that with what we’ve seen so far. (I think they will actually be closer to an hour and a half.)

So at that minimum, we’ll have 7 hours of cutscenes in the primary Disney worlds and easily around 5 in original worlds. That’s 12 hours, just shy of KH2 by an hour but at WDAS/Pixar levels of quality. So as far as cutscene animation goes, that’s comparable to animating 6 full length Disney films which take 3-5 years each. That absolutely took hard work to achieve, much more than animating any previous KH game, and is worthy of praise in my opinion. I honestly don’t see how expectations for the cutscene animation could be any higher than that without being completely unrealistic.

But anyways, all I’m saying is that the incredible work they’ve put into these film quality cutscenes is high enough for me to give the game a fair shake and see what it has to offer as its own experience. Because at the very least, I’m getting 12-15+ hours worth of a beautifully rendered Kingdom Hearts story plus the best world designs we’ve ever seen in the series. From there, I’ll see how the rest goes to determine how good or bad it is.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

KH1 in JP only had Rock Titan, and KH2 only had Sephiroth. Both did have a decently robust tournament.

Hirokey123

Awards

And KH3 has more content than base KH2 by a pretty wide margin so that's why your complaints come off as unreasonable to me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KH3 has MOST of what KH2FM+'s content had and plenty of new stuff on top of that, which is still vastly more than base KH1 and KH2 had in terms of content. The loss of cups and "maybe" (since we don't know for sure) a secret boss doesn't somehow mean there is less here than in previous games, you can still be missing features and have the overall package still give you more. Which is what KH3 does, it gives you way more than KH2 and KH1 base did, and a little less than KH2FM+.

CDD

Awards
The one section of Big Hero 6 the leakers showed looks way bigger than any of the worlds we've seen in previous games. Same goes for Toy Box.

I also see people making ridiculous assumptions, and writing fanfiction in some cases, about the game's story based on what the leakers think of the story. Surely, you can see that you're jumping the gun.

In any case, I can understand being disappointed about their not being a coliseum or a secret boss if that turns out to be the case. Of course, critical mode isn't available from the start to encourage you to replay the game again once you unlock. Simple game design theory.

On the whole the real criticism I might have is the floatiness... which might not even be a problem considering the expanded movement and defensive options compared to KH2FM.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
And KH3 has more content than base KH2 by a pretty wide margin so that's why your complaints come off as unreasonable to me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KH3 has MOST of what KH2FM+'s content had and plenty of new stuff on top of that, which is still vastly more than base KH1 and KH2 had in terms of content. The loss of cups and "maybe" (since we don't know for sure) a secret boss doesn't somehow mean there is less here than in previous games, you can still be missing features and have the overall package still give you more. Which is what KH3 does, it gives you way more than KH2 and KH1 base did, and a little less than KH2FM+.

He also answered “2+” when asked how many playable characters there are. So Riku may not actually be the only other playable character. The only one he’s outright de-confirmed as far as I know is Roxas. He also responded, “HAHAHAHA I wish.” about Kairi but that could be a way for him to not confirm or deny it since he isn’t sharing story spoilers.

I can also see secret bosses being something saved along with the secret ending and epilogue in the event that they involve spoilers.

robotman

I'm out right now but I checked on here while I'm in a cab, how you lot are still defending this is beyond me, especially with the information that we've got to go on, everyone is entitled to their own opinion which is obviously fine but the game is lacking. You're telling me my complaints are unreasonable when it's the last damn game in the saga, do you not care? Have you not been waiting for KH3 like everyone else? Square could give us 4 Disney worlds and 2 original worlds and some of you would find an excuse for this, have higher standards for the last game in the Saga, damn...

Coliseum tournaments should be in the game, data battles should be in the game, secret bosses should be in the game, how do you find this nonsense acceptable in KH3? I don't get it. Yes, some of us are comparing it to KH2FM, it should have the same if not more content than a game was made over 10 years ago.

The fact that you're saying that I'm unreasonable for wanting more isn't fair. Do you not want more? Do you want to pay for DLC for content that should be in the main game? Have you not been dying to play the conclusion for a game that we've all been waiting for, I don't get how you're still defending getting less than we deserve. Us fans love the game, that's why we even joined the site, how can you be happy with what you're reading if you've seen the leaks (which you obviously have because you're on a leak thread). I get the defending to a certain degree but you can't keep making excuses for a lack of content, the thing is that we'll pay for all of this stuff, even if it's in a Final Mix version and it should be in the game.

Honestly, what were your expectations coming into the game? Please don't humour me and actually pretend like you expected the game to have:

1. No coliseum.
2. No secret bosses.
3. No data battles.
4. 7 Disney worlds and 1 mini-game Disney world (come on, everyone expected more for KH3).
5. Sora and Riku as the only playable characters.

How could we not expect more from KH3, I know that some of you are trying to rationalise it in your heads but this stuff isn't out of the ordinary, it's things we all thought KH3 would have.

If you asked me what I thought would happen before the game was released, I would have expected The Jungle Book and Wreck-It Ralph or Princess and the Frog as Disney worlds, I would have expected coliseum tournaments, I would have expected someone else other than Sora and Riku as playable characters and I would have expected a couple of secret bosses. This is nothing that is out of the norm.

notnow123487

Awards
He also answered “2+” when asked how many playable characters there are. So Riku may not actually be the only other playable character. The only one he’s outright de-confirmed as far as I know is Roxas. He also responded, “HAHAHAHA I wish.” about Kairi but that could be a way for him to not confirm or deny it since he isn’t sharing story spoilers.

I can also see secret bosses being something saved along with the secret ending and epilogue in the event that they involve spoilers.

He said separately after that 2+ comment that it’s just Riku and Sora I believe.

wolfshadow0118

I'm out right now but I checked on here while I'm in a cab, how you lot are still defending this is beyond me, especially with the information that we've got to go on, everyone is entitled to their own opinion which is obviously fine but the game is lacking. You're telling me my complaints are unreasonable when it's the last damn game in the saga, do you not care? Have you not been waiting for KH3 like everyone else? Square could give us 4 Disney worlds and 2 original worlds and some of you would find an excuse for this, have higher standards for the last game in the Saga, damn...

Coliseum tournaments should be in the game, data battles should be in the game, secret bosses should be in the game, how do you find this nonsense acceptable in KH3? I don't get it. Yes, some of us are comparing it to KH2FM, it should have the same if not more content than a game was made over 10 years ago.

The fact that you're saying that I'm unreasonable for wanting more isn't fair. Do you not want more? Do you want to pay for DLC for content that should be in the main game? Have you not been dying to play the conclusion for a game that we've all been waiting for, I don't get how you're still defending getting less than we deserve. Us fans love the game, that's why we even joined the site, how can you be happy with what you're reading if you've seen the leaks (which you obviously have because you're on a leak thread). I get the defending to a certain degree but you can't keep making excuses for a lack of content, the thing is that we'll pay for all of this stuff, even if it's in a Final Mix version and it should be in the game.

Honestly, what were your expectations coming into the game? Please don't humour me and actually pretend like you expected the game to have:

1. No coliseum.
2. No secret bosses.
3. No data battles.
4. 7 Disney worlds and 1 mini-game Disney world (come on, everyone expected more for KH3).
5. Sora and Riku as the only playable characters.

How could we not expect more from KH3, I know that some of you are trying to rationalise it in your heads but this stuff isn't out of the ordinary, it's things we all thought KH3 would have.

If you asked me what I thought would happen before the game was released, I would have expected The Jungle Book and Wreck-It Ralph or Princess and the Frog as Disney worlds, I would have expected coliseum tournaments, I would have expected someone else other than Sora and Riku as playable characters and I would have expected a couple of secret bosses. This is nothing that is out of the norm.

Not arguing with anything you said, but it could be that certain things were left out from what the leakers has said. I mean, the leakers stated there were rules to what they would spoil and not spoil..

For example, maybe there is another playable character. The leakers first said 2+ characters and the changed it to only Riku and Sora. Maybe he thought it would be best to change it to sora and riku to hide that there is another character we play as and by him saying 2+, he broke one of the rules of what not to spoil?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back