• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

drew0512

Awards
IMHO these guys are just looking for attention at this point, so I don't really care about their "opinions". I just hope that this game won't be similar to FFXV DLCs-wise, since some stuff I've read got me worried, but we'll see.

the red monster

Awards
I'm starting to worry about how much we have after we beat the main game
data battles were super fun and challenging, i have some kind of final mix will add the missing parts.

Senzura

Banned
IMHO these guys are just looking for attention at this point, so I don't really care about their "opinions". I just hope that this game won't be similar to FFXV DLCs-wise, since some stuff I've read got me worried, but we'll see.

You wouldn't be saying that if they praised the game.

Neo_

Awards
I think the issue here is that too many people expected KH3 to be like the best game in gaming history when in reality it's "just another Kingdom Hearts". I never expected this to be anything more than a modern and more polished version of what we got so far but I feel like people are gonna start playing this game with way way waaaay to high expectations. Same case with this dude... he expected this game to be something it could have never been and is disappointed now.

The only thing I'm disappointed about so far is the "small" amount of worlds. I wish there was another massive original world and maybe 1 or 2 more Disney Worlds. They went with way too many new Disney properties imo.
Agree with this 100%, and appreciate your other thread summarizing the leaks. imo, there should've been no returning Disney worlds. It's bad that Olympus is the only world from a hand-drawn film, but I get it; it's a sign of the times, but Disney are also the legends of hand-drawn animation. It's bad that it's a rarity to see classic characters like Pooh and Scrooge.

I am aware this is an unpopular opinion, but I desperately wanted Robin Hood; it fills the two party member quota and actually had combat in the film, but understand it overlaps with Corona (just give me Robin Hood instead). The fact it hasn't been in the series yet and was left out of this game is a sin.

I don't think the number of worlds is bad; just the choices were odd. Should've done a classic film new to the series instead of Olympus, and I would've rather seen Atlantis/TP than Pirates, but understand realistic Assassin's Creed-esque stuff is "in" now.

The wait for this game has been unreasonably long (I'm not talking about dev time, but the time it took them to actually decide to make it), so I sympathize with and understand any disappointments anyone has. This will probably be "just another game", and I'm not even sure I'll 100% it at this point (which sounds like it might not even be that difficult). We're also judging a game that we've probably only seen a quarter of, but with the things we've seen and heard over the last couple of days, I have a gut feeling. People will also be going in with a mindset that this game has been being worked on for the last 10+ years (when in reality it was less than half), which is going to hurt.

Senzura

Banned
I think the issue here is that too many people expected KH3 to be like the best game in gaming history when in reality it's "just another Kingdom Hearts". I never expected this to be anything more than a modern and more polished version of what we got so far but I feel like people are gonna start playing this game with way way waaaay to high expectations. Same case with this dude... he expected this game to be something it could have never been and is disappointed now.

The only thing I'm disappointed about so far is the "small" amount of worlds. I wish there was another massive original world and maybe 1 or 2 more Disney Worlds. They went with way too many new Disney properties imo.

People need to chill and realize that there's not really much you can do better in a KH game. It might not be the best KH game ever but it's still a solid and great game. Saying it's "meh" and worse than CoM on GBA is just over exaggerating lol. Me saying that also has nothing to do with me being a fan. I'm always very critical with games but I learned that you shouldn't trust people like this. He for some reason lost his hype for the game. It's like all these annoying people who won't stop complaining about reboot Tomb Raider lol.

I didn't expect the best KH, or even GOTY. I expected a game at least marginally on the level of KH1 or KH2. What we got was something barely on the level of DDD.

drew0512

Awards
You wouldn't be saying that if they praised the game.

I don't care if one or two guys love or hate this game, as the only thing that matters is what I'll think of it. I'm saying what I'm saying because there has been inconsistent information: is this game GOTY or utter trash? Is the ending bad or good? And so on.
They're in a position of power and I can see the fun in spreading some "panic" and stirring discontent up, and IMHO this is what is happening (maybe yes, maybe no). It's also a matter of false expectations and we have already some perfect examples in this thread.

Senzura

Banned
I don't care if one or two guys love or hate this game, as the only thing that matters is what I'll think of it. I'm saying what I'm saying because there has been inconsistent information: is this game GOTY or utter trash? Is the ending bad or good? And so on.
They're in a position of power and I can see the fun in spreading some "panic" and stirring discontent up, and IMHO this is what is happening (maybe yes, maybe no). It's also a matter of false expectations and we have already some perfect examples in this thread.

You're just coping. If they continued to praise it you would be blindly hyping the game and calling it GOTY.

The reason the guys thought it was good was likely because they were expecting beter things to come, but it never did. They breezed through proud mode with zero effort.

ZJGamer

So after waking up and reviewing the spoilers we have so far here is my opinions on a few things

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Perkilator

Awards
So after waking up and reviewing the spoilers we have so far here is my opinions on a few things

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I will enjoy the game regardless, but there are definitely some wasted opportunities in terms of world selection.

And now that I think about it, I think that maybe-just maybe-San Fransokyo, good as it is, should’ve been saved for KHIV.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I will enjoy the game regardless, but there are definitely some wasted opportunities in terms of world selection.

The world selection is guaranteed to get somebody upset though, even if it was an entirely different batch of Disney properties chosen. Everybody has their personal favourite Disney property. Excluding Olympus, I'm happy with all of the Disney worlds chosen thus far.

And we cannot assume that could have fitted another world into the game within the deadline that they had. Nomura did mention that he had to cut content to make it to the scheduled release. For what it's worth, I still see Kingdom Hearts III to be a very ambitious and beautiful game.

Awne

Sorry if what I say is completely wrong or dumb but... maybe the lack of post-game content is due to the fact that it will be in the day one patch ? Since we know that the ending and the secret ending will be accessible via download, then, maybe post-game content is in it too ? And because the leaker got the game one month early and doesn't have access to this one, he is kinda stucked ? But maybe I'm wrong.

ZJGamer

The world selection is guaranteed to get somebody upset though, even if it was an entirely different batch of Disney properties chosen. Everybody has their personal favourite Disney property. Excluding Olympus, I'm happy with all of the Disney worlds chosen thus far.

And we cannot assume that could have fitted another world into the game within the deadline that they had. Nomura did mention that he had to cut content to make it to the scheduled release. For what it's worth, I still see Kingdom Hearts III to be a very ambitious and beautiful game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

sorawild

I didn't expect the best KH, or even GOTY. I expected a game at least marginally on the level of KH1 or KH2. What we got was something barely on the level of DDD.

And again you seem to be saying that because you seemingly wanted the game to be bad and are completely forgoing the fact that these leakers have been constantly giving inconsistent information and flip flopping every hour

U.N. Owen

Awards
I wake up and find that the leaker makes a 180 from his GOTY statement while the leaker's brother is "foaming at the mouth."

Welp, going back to bed.

drew0512

Awards
You're just coping. If they continued to praise it you would be blindly hyping the game and calling it GOTY.

The reason the guys thought it was good was likely because they were expecting beter things to come, but it never did. They breezed through proud mode with zero effort.

And that's exactly my point. False expectations will ruin the game for you, even if the game is great. And if you're expecting something that's not backed up by anything, well, it's only your fault (like expecting a 70 hours long game). There's really no point in discussing this though, as you seem to know exactly what I think, so let's just call it a day.

ImVentus

Awards
I mean what is there left that hasn't been used already?

Dumbo
Peter Pan
The Sword in the Stone
Jungle Book
Robin Hood
Pocahontas
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Chicken Little
Bolt (lol)
Princess and the Frog

I don't see any other old movie being "worthy" of a world and the last 3 movies don't even count as old ones. If they split my list they could use it for 2-3 more KH games if they mix it with new movies and some already used ones.

Also I wouldn't consider all those movies a god choice either. Idk how fun Dumbo, Pocahontas or Bolt would be.

- To name from the old. Dumbo, Bambi, The War Time Era, 101 Dalmatians, TSIS, JB, Robin Hood, The Rescuers or Down Under, The Black Cauldron, Basil, Oliver, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Dinosaur & The Emperor's New Groove. Dumbo could be a blast to play through! There is strong potential for creative boss battles & the world map. Fighting The Pink Elephants would be amazing.

- Lady & The Tramp, Aristocats, Bolt is not the first option I would think of as a world. But what do I know, SE have their ideas.
Then you have concepts like Pocahontas, which still would deliver a unique world map & design.
From the Disney library, there's a lot of live action Disney IPS to pick from the 1950s-1980s. Some ideas there have connections to that of KH's magic charm.

- Post Chicken Little, Meet The Robinsons was like made for KH. So I still don't know why it's not discussed around people. Sure it would have fit right into the DDD plot, but it would not deliver on it's visual presentation with it's CGI.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back