• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Can everybody take a moment to appreciate how beautiful Big Hero 6's field theme sounds! I did not expect it to sound that good.

I didn't even properly listen to it till you pointed it, but it's actually REALLY good! I was honestly expecting a more upbeat field theme, but the mellowness of it combined with the unique style of the movie's own score gives it a beautiful vibe!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's great, and it looks a lot better than the trailers had it. I know I'm going to love walking around this city. I hope to hear lots of interesting conversations about Big Hero 6, and I hope Aunt Cass comes into Hiro's shed and gives us biscuits and we can pat Mochi ;A;.

I suppose some people found San Fransokyo to be jarring at first because the world is an amalgamation of two real cities, but I think that will work to Kingdom Hearts III's advantage. A lot of scrapped Versus XIII gameplay elements can be integrated to San Fransokyo.

And petting Mochi would be the best thing ever!ヽ(•ω•ゞ) I just hope Aunt Cass is in this game, a part of me is worried that she won't be.

It does sound really good, that was the first thing I noticed with that video.

I know that this game has two other composers outside of Yoko, but I swear she's the one that composed the field theme. I know that the battle theme is definitely not composed by her.

bagcifreak

I think the issue here is that too many people expected KH3 to be like the best game in gaming history when in reality it's "just another Kingdom Hearts". I never expected this to be anything more than a modern and more polished version of what we got so far but I feel like people are gonna start playing this game with way way waaaay to high expectations. Same case with this dude... he expected this game to be something it could have never been and is disappointed now.

The only thing I'm disappointed about so far is the "small" amount of worlds. I wish there was another massive original world and maybe 1 or 2 more Disney Worlds. They went with way too many new Disney properties imo.

People need to chill and realize that there's not really much you can do better in a KH game. It might not be the best KH game ever but it's still a solid and great game. Saying it's "meh" and worse than CoM on GBA is just over exaggerating lol. Me saying that also has nothing to do with me being a fan. I'm always very critical with games but I learned that you shouldn't trust people like this. He for some reason lost his hype for the game. It's like all these annoying people who won't stop complaining about reboot Tomb Raider lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I don't see anybody throwing a tantrum. They're sharing their feelings about the game as they work them out, and they seem pretty reasonable about it. They're not calling it trash or garbage, they just both seem to feel unfulfilled by the endgame.

There's a lot of really defensive fans getting confrontational and acting like this is the end of days when it's just the beginning of the larger dialogue that's going to develop surrounding this game. If people can't handle this, I worry for the state of t3h internetz on January 30th.

Anyway, from what I can gather based on the brothers' statements, I'm settling on the most probable cause of their reaction being that the game DDD's the ending. Meaning a decent set up, some interesting character work and then the rug is pulled out from under the audience in a really rude fashion using poorly grounded plotting.

edit: HahaTwilight Lumiair you ninja.

I see I should have separated those two points into different paragraphs, lol.
It's part of the fandom throwing tantrums yet not only is the context unknown, there is also no indicator what exactly the leakers find off with it as "a point of the X-era gets important" is not only vague it is also to be expected as it was advertised like crazy beforehand.

Indeed, hence why it is probably more entertaining to more or less retreat to the peanut gallery for the first few days or weeks after release.

Who knows, maybe there's really a Xehanort redemption or another "man-behind-the man"-issue at hand here, possibly in combination with the box ex machina.

ImVentus

Awards
Ok good, there's NPCS in San Fransokyo not only in their cars. Well that's at least a positive note.
Now would be great to know if they have access for you to enter Aunt Cass cafe, or if it's only limited to cutscenes.

A dream location would be if you could reach to the SF Institute and walk alongside the peaceful river.

Awards
I've read what the leakers said about the ending and other things. I'm still going to get the game day one, and have my own opinions,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And, this may sound unfounded for, what if they decided to split KH3 into two games? Like Trails of Cold Steel III, with part of ToCSIII moved to it's own game aka ToCSIV, what if they chose to split a big part of KH3 off as KH4? I would be 'yikes', but I doubt that, and I'm not sure if people would be happy about it depending on how KH3 itself does, it might be a hit or miss even for me if it was done wrong.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The only thing I'm disappointed about so far is the "small" amount of worlds. I wish there was another massive original world and maybe 1 or 2 more Disney Worlds. They went with way too many new Disney properties imo.

I'm the opposite, I feel that Olympus sticks out like a sore thumb compared to every other Disney world confirmed.

I get it, it's nostalgia. But take that away, and you get a Disney world that most people really don't care about compared to everything else that has been confirmed.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's my only grievance.

Last edited:

bagcifreak

I'm the opposite, I feel that Olympus sticks out like a sore thumb compared to every other Disney world confirmed.

I get it, it's nostalgia. But take that away, and you get a Disney world that most people really don't care about compared to everything else that has been confirmed.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's my only grievance.

I kind of agree. I don't mind that there's more new Diskey properties than old ones but I think it could have been balanced better. Maybe Jungle Book could have been the new Winnie Pooh Minigame world and I think Wonderland has so much potential to be a fun world. Also Atlantis deserved to be in the game. I feel like they're saving up a few cöassics for future KH games cause honestly there aren't many old Disney movies left that could work as KH worlds.

Nukara

Awards
Several people with 4chan say that
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Is this true or false?

wolfshadow0118

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Is this true or false?

I take anything from 4chan with a grain of salt. Not saying it isn't true, but I would say wait until the game comes out to know for sure.

robotman

Okay, so after reading everything, I get the impression that there just isn't much too do post story mode. The lack of the Coliseum tournaments/battles is extremely concerning and a strange omission, I have no idea why they'd choose to omit that. Also, having the data battles return would have been nice, that was the best part about KH2FM for me. I'm not too bothered with the story elements at the moment as I'll have to see it for myself, there's also the secret ending/epilogue. Overall, they really should have added another Disney world in there, anything would have been acceptable but the game does feel relatively short considering the wait. Also, the talk about how easy the game was and the continuous attraction flows are not good signs.

Regardless, I'm glad that I've had access to all these story leaks and gameplay spoilers, at least now when I play the game I won't be expecting loads of things like I did a couple of weeks ago. My expectations are extremely tamed now.

I'm expect them to make a Final Mix version that'll add a couple of secret bosses, coliseum battles, data battles (or something similar) and maybe even a couple more mini-games and/or keyblades and collectables.

bagcifreak

I would assume that thing's like the Coliseum battles and Organization member battles might be included through patches over time, just like a possible New Game+ mode. I feel like we'll get "Final Mix level" content throughout the year through patches.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Is this true or false?

To clarify, this was information that came from a gameply post the leakers made, and was later quickly removed. Allegedly, according to those who saw it, yes you could hear the leaker and his brother disscussing it in the background of that video(since they were still emotional about the ending- which was a bit irresponsible on their part).

However, this was quickly denied after the video was removed, and some people even admitted they were just making stuff up. In short, take everything you hear regarding that plot point with a grain of salt.

bagcifreak

Out of curiosity, why do you think that's the case?
I mean what is there left that hasn't been used already?

Dumbo
Peter Pan
The Sword in the Stone
Jungle Book
Robin Hood
Pocahontas
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Chicken Little
Bolt (lol)
Princess and the Frog

I don't see any other old movie being "worthy" of a world and the last 3 movies don't even count as old ones. If they split my list they could use it for 2-3 more KH games if they mix it with new movies and some already used ones.

Also I wouldn't consider all those movies a god choice either. Idk how fun Dumbo, Pocahontas or Bolt would be.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I heard something about The Simpsons world in KH3! Is that true or it's nothing but a blatant joke?

Dude, the acquisition of 21st Century Fox by Disney has not been approved by certain countries. And even then, Nomura explicitly stressed that Kingdom Hearts will have strictly Disney branded properties featured.

theshadowman

Awards
I mean what is there left that hasn't been used already?

Dumbo
Peter Pan
The Sword in the Stone
Jungle Book
Robin Hood
Pocahontas
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Chicken Little
Bolt (lol)
Princess and the Frog

I don't see any other old movie being "worthy" of a world and the last 3 movies don't even count as old ones. If they split my list they could use it for 2-3 more KH games if they mix it with new movies and some already used ones.

Also I wouldn't consider all those movies a god choice either. Idk how fun Dumbo, Pocahontas or Bolt would be.
Peter Pan has already been used. Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, and Princess and the Frog would make terrific worlds and they could end up being dlc even. You missed emperors new groove, which also holds promise alongside Robin Hood.

Greenice

This. It's clear the game is small, easy, short, and is mostly just a movie with a game tacked on (which is what KH has been since BBS). It's fine to be excited but please don't act like its on par with KH1 or KH2. It sounds desperate and only encourages further bad development.

Yeah, I feel like many people want to hide their delusion and climbing on mirrors, trying to convince themselves that the game will be as they expected, at the start it was "quality over quantity", now it's becoming "we don't have the game yet".

I'm just saying that at this point we should just enjoy these days and the game without thinking about it too much, because we've waited so much and we deserve to enjoy the game. I think that positivity is always the key, I'm not saying this is as good as KH1, KH2, BBS or whatever game people want to compare KH3 to, but I'm just saying that we should enjoy the wait and KH3 for what they are, and yes, criticism is welcome and we all have the right to be either satisfied or disappointed, but we should also be able to live this experience in the best way possible! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back