• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Y'know, something slightly similar happened with DMC5.

Some guy got a hold of the alpha build and beat the game but refused to give out spoilers and the like. They didn't show off footage or anything either so yeah.

Also anyone feel like this is a good bonding experience for the forums? I don't really think that, I'm just wondering if anyone feels that way.

Was this the guy who leaked V?

Yeah I agree with you.

notnow123487

Awards
He also said one of his biggest issues with the game is how easy it is so I’m a little disappointed we don’t get to start with critical mode.

sorawild

Man all this did was make me even more excited for KH3. The only other JRPG with an ending that elicited a similar reaction was SMT Digital Devil Saga

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Y'know, something slightly similar happened with DMC5.

Some guy got a hold of the alpha build and beat the game but refused to give out spoilers and the like. They didn't show off footage or anything either so yeah.

Also anyone feel like this is a good bonding experience for the forums? I don't really think that, I'm just wondering if anyone feels that way.

For me it feel more divided than ever.

But I like that the rational ones are the ones who have been telling everybody else to keep their hype in check, while the ones freaking out most are the ones who threw everything out of proportion, misread or misunderstood information from Nomura.

Honestly the game Just being another KH is all I wanted. Nothing more. Just the further adventures of Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Kairi and Co. and where the twists and turns go next. I actually put KH2 kinda low on my list of favorites lol. KH1, CoM, Days, and BBS all had way better stories, which is basically why I like the games in the first place. I played KH2 after KH1, CoM, and Days.

Darvandark

A lot of what they're asking for is from FM versions as well. Stuff that can easily be patched or GOTY'd. Vanilla titles have never been the pinnacle the FM has been.

EDIT: In a lot of the tweets he compares it to 2(seems vanilla) until someone asked for clarification and he said he always means it as the FM. Someone needs to remember what the Vanilla ones were like.

notnow123487

Awards
I find it very interesting that he seems to insist that the ending is very final. No loose ends with characters or story. And he doesn’t see a way the series can continue without the epilogue.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Nah the guy who leaked V was some Microsoft tester who, through his shaky phone cam footage, was how we learned about Dante losing Rebellion and true confirmation of Vergil, complete with Yamato.

Oh I think I remember this.

Who posted the dmcv video with no audio, was that the leak you’re talking about.

qbaysan

Awards
It's probably Dandelions saving the day like what some other people predicted back then how KHUX will tie in in KH3. Those 300 player names has got to be used somehow.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This somehow reminds me of a worry I had when Browser Chi was still active, namely the one that the X[chi]-stuff will actually upstage the current era-characters and their bonds and stories.

I wonder if it is something like that.

On a side note I find it a bit weird to drum up a giant tantrum when you don't have the whole thing. Do the leakers know that there is still material missing that won't be available until release day?

This whole thing turning into a burning fandom battlefield reminds me of the Star Wars franchise though, maybe it's time to fetch the popcorn and a chair to watch the carnage. XD

Darvandark

He also said one of his biggest issues with the game is how easy it is so I’m a little disappointed we don’t get to start with critical mode.

I was replaying KH2FM lately on Critical then normal (achievement hunting on that second one) and outside of a few boss fights I found that critical was easier. The added damage buff makes it to where you can get through most combat pretty quickly before their damage modifiers can really affect you. Whereas in Normal you have no modifiers, sure they don't hit as hard but neither do you. So some of those bosses take longer and therefore have more chances to hit you. Granted I'm a bit of an X spammer so that may be the reason. I always hate the part in 2FM before you get limit form and I can Dodge Roll.

Awards
Oh I think I remember this.

Who posted the dmcv video with no audio, was that the leak you’re talking about.
Not that guy either. This guy specifically posted no footage. Just his thoughts on the game, how long he took to beat it, what locations there were without spoiling, and a bio of Patty from the anime.

Also I got one thing wrong. The Vergil stuff was from the no audio dude.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I predict the ending will likely be similar in nature to that of DDD. More specifically, adding in a retcon/plotpoint that nobody asked for, nor predicted, and eventually took over the game's ending, superimposing itself over the rest of the storylines leading up to it (which would explain why it would feel anticlamactic since it would have had less build up, not that I care if they think so). In DDD, it would've been time travel, and according to this guy, this time it had something to with
Spoiler Spoiler Show

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
On a side note I find it a bit weird to drum up a giant tantrum when you don't have the whole thing. Do the leakers know that there is still material missing that won't be available until release day?
I don't see anybody throwing a tantrum. They're sharing their feelings about the game as they work them out, and they seem pretty reasonable about it. They're not calling it trash or garbage, they just both seem to feel unfulfilled by the endgame.

This whole thing turning into a burning fandom battlefield reminds me of the Star Wars franchise though, maybe it's time to fetch the popcorn and a chair to watch the carnage. XD
There's a lot of really defensive fans getting confrontational and acting like this is the end of days when it's just the beginning of the larger dialogue that's going to develop surrounding this game. If people can't handle this, I worry for the state of t3h internetz on January 30th.

Anyway, from what I can gather based on the brothers' statements, I'm settling on the most probable cause of their reaction being that the game DDD's the ending. Meaning a decent set up, some interesting character work and then the rug is pulled out from under the audience in a really rude fashion using poorly grounded plotting.

edit: HahaTwilight Lumiair you ninja.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
When did 35 hours come to be considered short? To me this sounds like a good length for an action rpg.

Darvandark

When did 35 hours come to be considered short? To me this sounds like a good length for an action rpg.

This, people were saying the same thing about Spiderman and I feel like that length was perfect for the story it told. Longer isn't always better.

Muke

whatever
Awards
The only thing that conerns me is the apparent lack of post-game, otherwise I don't really care about his review/opinion because it's just that - his opinion. I'll wait until I have the game to form my own opinions

Also, I feel like Glide is a little too slow? I bet Sora would run faster than he'd glide

Hirokey123

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

sorawild

The only thing that conerns me is the apparent lack of post-game, otherwise I don't really care about his review/opinion because it's just that - his opinion. I'll wait until I have the game to form my own opinions

Also, I feel like Glide is a little too slow? I bet Sora would run faster than he'd glide

Well they seem to have not even tried looking for secret bosses, we only know there is no coliseum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back