• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

notnow123487

Awards
What could have happened that would make them hate the ending? Something big must have happened in the end that could have altered the KH universe.

I think it’s just the game ends all about the mobile game. He said there’s nothing that indicates the series will continue in the normal ending so the universe wasn’t altered.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I’m not actually being serious. I’m just so tired from work and some crazy 6-degrees life discoveries that I’m trying to inject a bit of levity into this wretched place.

Leaferian

Awards
Over the last few months, I've found myself less likely to trust the tastes of someone who just wants a carbon copy of KH2FM.
I can agree with that. It sounds like I'm gonna get most of what I want out of this game though. I'll probably be sore about the lack of coliseum for a long time, but I'm excited about most of what I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I’m not actually being serious. I’m just so tired from work and some crazy 6-degrees life discoveries that I’m trying to inject a bit of levity into this wretched place.
I want this.

I can agree with that. It sounds like I'm gonna get most of what I want out of this game though. I'll probably be sore about the lack of coliseum for a long time, but I'm excited about most of what I've seen.
Yeah, it doesn't feel right to not have this.

notnow123487

Awards
So the leaker wants to clarify they don’t mind the literal ending, the issue is with

the build up to and the climax. Aka they probably retconned a bunch of stuff to fit the mobile game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So the leaker wants to clarify they don’t mind the literal ending, the issue is with

the build up to and the climax. Aka they probably retconned a bunch of stuff to fit the mobile game.
See, this just makes me excited because I want to know how balls to the wall crazy they would go to work around that and to fit it in.

notnow123487

Awards
See, this just makes me excited because I want to know how balls to the wall crazy they would go to work around that and to fit it in.

I don’t know if that is actually it because there issue is that something hype happens (this is when he tweeted game of the year) and then nothing happens afterwards and there’s no payoff.

Awards
So part of their disappointment comes from the story not having a conclusion.

Probably because the copy you had was a stolen copy and Nomura had to remove the freaking conclusion because of it.

And I just learned that the KH subreddit is turning on them.
keikaku.jpg

wolfshadow0118

‪So people are freaking out over what one guy who didn’t even play said and it’s annoying. I need y’all to remember something: IT’S ONE GUY. ONE. WATCHING ANOTHER GUY PLAY A GAME ILLEGALLY.

Form your own opinions when the game is out rather than trying to extrapolate from some guys experience that has been selectively shown and experienced secondhand.

This. It's surprising how many people on here are sounding like it's game over for kh3 when it isn't even out yet and the game is being ILLEGALLY played. Of course there's going to be some bugs that needed to be fixed and the games story isn't fully complete without the epilogue and secret ending. I think people need to stop worrying about how the game is overall with (again) illegal reviews until they play it for themselves.

Darvandark

The more I see them post the more it just seems like any end to a trilogy. Actually no, it seems like what happened with Force Awakens. Everyone said they wanted a movie like original trilogy, when they got just that (definitely too much but that's a different issue) everyone complained that it was too much like A New Hope. As the guy said in one of his comments (he should just add that to the post so we don't have to hunt for a more thorough review) it's everything they wanted but not quite. Anything with this much hype is going to have this feeling. As Chaser has said time and time again, expectations are just too high.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Especially since some games aren't even on that list.
He listed "everything else" (Days, Coded, DDD) after KH3, so he isn't saying it's the worst game in the franchise.

Personally, I'd disagree with his rankings as KH2 in any form wouldn't be that close to the top of my list, and Days would have been #1, but I understand a lot of the sentiments they've been expressing. I think it's hard for someone to reach an immediate conclusion about whether they love or hate something when it cuts deep enough to inspire an emotional reaction on that level in the first place. KH3 is the game that's supposed to define and justify the entire history of the series up to this point. I'm interested to see where they stand on it when the dust settles.

To me, the community reaction is the most interesting aspect of the KH3 experience left. I genuinely look forward to seeing how this game is received and critiqued. It's kind of a treat to have two people with combating perspectives flexing their feelings about what they wanted, what they got, and what it all means, this far in advance.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
My guess is they did the opposite and minimized everything that's transpired in order to establish the X storyline as the real plot all along.
Funny enough the leaker mentioned that part of his problem wasSomething happening in Chi he didnt like somehow reappearing in the ending. Maybe that was it.

I'm prepared for the worst in regards to the ending. It will probably be some sort of set up for KHIV

sorawild

Boy oh boy, I am glad I stayed up for this. The whole subreddit is turning on them. There is nothing I love more than watching a train wreck on the internet

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Boy oh boy, I am glad I stayed up for this. The whole subreddit is turning on them. There is nothing I love more than watching a train wreck on the internet

I have no sympathy for people who say a game isn’t worth the price even though they have a stolen copy and are being intentionally vague.

Darvandark

They probably don't even have to do a whole lot to make it fit to be honest. Many of it can be chalked up to memory issues or just some quick info and name drops. So much has been retconned already I don't see much need for a whole lot of back bend.

Awards
Y'know, something slightly similar happened with DMC5.

Some guy got a hold of the alpha build and beat the game but refused to give out spoilers and the like. They didn't show off footage or anything either so yeah.

Also anyone feel like this is a good bonding experience for the forums? I don't really think that, I'm just wondering if anyone feels that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back