• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Was ANY of Days or DDD relevant (or even fun) except the final 10-20%? .

From what I remember, yes. I think the only game this would describe is KH2, tbh, which mostly ignored the overarching plot entirely after TT and until TWTNW (with just a dash in the middle at Radiant Garden). So far, KH3 looks like it will have a lot of callbacks to the main plot at the end of every world or two (if not throughout the worlds outright) just like KH1 and 3D did. Days is a weird one to accuse of that, considering you spend pretty much the whole game with Roxas and the Org. The original plot is constantly evolving in that game more than most in the series.

As for fun, I enjoyed 3D very much. I enjoyed Days for the most part even if it was a slog.

Senzura

Banned
Then you might as well just not play the games dude, if you dont like it than just avoid it. Also I got up to date on Union X's story in like a single afternoon without paying a dime.

Yeah, by watching youtube videos covering three different games, one of which you can't actually play.

Some "video game" series

Perkilator

Awards
Senzura, I think you ought to have a warning for being such a dick. I mean, UltimaXOmega gets a pass because there are some things he likes about the game. You, on the other hand, apparently want Nomura’s head on a platter because the story and gameplay isn’t balanced to around 90 million hours long.

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
Senzura, I think you ought to have a warning for being such a dick. I mean, UltimaXOmega gets a pass because there are some things he likes about the game. You, on the other hand, apparently want Nomura’s head on a platter because the story and gameplay isn’t balanced to around 90 million hours long.

I understand your anger mate but just chill he probably made the account to troll people who are passionate about the game don't bite the bait

Senzura

Banned

Unlike him, who just seems to be trolling and outright making stuff up, I'm actually providing reasoning for my frustration.

KH1 was my first video game, and I've waited over 10 years for another game like KH2, and now we're just being handed the same stripped down mess we've been getting sense BBS. Why am I not allowed to be upset? Does it really make me more of a KH fan if I just clap like a seal and rationalize every single downgrade as "actually this is awesome!"

Perkilator

Awards
I understand your anger mate but just chill he probably made the account to troll people who are passionate about the game don't bite the bait
Well, okay.

giphy.gif

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Unlike him, who just seems to be trolling and outright making stuff up, I'm actually providing reasoning for my frustration.

KH1 was my first video game, and I've waited over 10 years for another game like KH2, and now we're just being handed the same stripped down mess we've been getting sense BBS. Why am I not allowed to be upset? Does it really make me more of a KH fan if I just clap like a seal and rationalize every single downgrade as "actually this is awesome!"

If you think KHII wasn't stripped down, mate, you have another thing coming. That game would suck ass if it wasn't for its huge final mix expansion.

Awards

You were basically setting yourself up for disappointment with your wanting another KH2.

Also, really man? The 10 years argument??

Perkilator

Awards
I don’t want this to become another World War Pooh. Can you just say you don’t like the game and move on, Senzura?

sorawild

If you think KHII wasn't stripped down, mate, you have another thing coming. That game would suck ass if it wasn't for its huge final mix expansion.

Honestly yea, KH2's original version was pretty barebones. Final Mix is what fixed the balancing and added all the best parts of KH2. Its why I say specifically KH2FM is my fav game in the series.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Honestly yea, KH2's original version was pretty barebones. Final Mix is what fixed the balancing and added all the best parts of KH2. Its why I say specifically KH2FM is my fav game in the series.

I will agree that final mix is a great addition to the series. There's really no reason to go back to the PS2 version for me anymore since it's so easy, the story is so poorly paced, and the endgame content is pretty much nothing in comparison.

sorawild

Yeah, by watching youtube videos covering three different games, one of which you can't actually play.

Some "video game" series

Dude you think this is bad? Try getting into other shit like Drakengard or Shin Megami Tensei. With SMT you not only have mainline SMT plus the branching timlines that lead to Persona and Devil Summoner and etc, you also have anime, books and spin-off and just like KH EVERYTHING IS CANON. With Drakengard you not only have Drakengard 1-3 as well as NieR and NieR: Automata, you also have novels, Stage Plays, and even a novella.

Japan loves this type of fractured story telling. If you dont like it, then you just dont like it mate.

UltimaXOmega

Not sure why someone would complain about the story. After BBS and DDD, it's obvious the series became complicated.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Welp, they've officially beaten the game and have seen the ending.

notnow123487

Awards
Ugh we have a full month! I’m going to get spoiled somehow aren’t I? Square release the game please.

Leaferian

Awards
On the plus side, they gave us information that allows us to discount certain leaks. Since they said Roxas isn't a playable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back