• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Beautiful.

You explained exactly what's wrong with the OP and why I found it underwhelming. And easily added Naminè in, though it implies she's siding with Xehanort. Or connected to him too. Ambiguous enough.

Funny how she gets her own teeny pic in the Character Archives in Dengeki and they're using her art for merch, but don't bother to show her in trailers and the OP 😒.

Naminè to Nomura:

Cze8BJ8W8AA4Y9g.jpg

Leaferian

Awards
Oh hey, it does. The Hercules keyblade has Defender, and Kingdom Key has Treasure Magnet. Also, I just noticed that for some reason, the Shooting Star keyblade has a different item icon in the equip list than the other three.

Hirokey123

Awards
Where are you seeing this? I don't see a new video posted on reddit or twitter showing that.

I want to agree, but he’s already dead confirmed that Aqua isn’t a Nort, so he’s definitely picking and choosing here lol
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

starcharms

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Thank you! I made an account just to come on here and complain about the opening, lmao, and you encapsulated it perfectly.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Leaferian

Awards
Where are you seeing this? I don't see a new video posted on reddit or twitter showing that.
On the reddit, in the thread titled "Other Stuff". The video starts at the end of the opening cutscene for Toy Story, and the guy is briefly in the menu and switches out Hero's Origin (Hercules Keyblade) for Ever After (Tangled). You can also see he has an "Ability Ring+" equipped in his accessory slot.

Hirokey123

Awards
On the reddit, in the thread titled "Other Stuff". The video starts at the end of the opening cutscene for Toy Story, and the guy is briefly in the menu and switches out Hero's Origin (Hercules Keyblade) for Ever After (Tangled). You can also see he has an "Ability Ring+" equipped in his accessory slot.
Thank you!

Hrm looking over that menu I'm getting DDD Flashbacks with those stats and icons and as much as I love DDD they are...not good flashbacks. I hope there isn't a lot of min maxing in this game, it's find for the handhelds but for a console I just want a simpler quicker experience.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
@ *TwilightNight*

Yeah, having watched it now multiple times, I do think it's perhaps the weakest Visual Works opening in the series. Even BBS, which feels fairly pedestrian and at times disjointed, had the benefit of introducing new characters and plotlines. This one doesn't even succeed at the one thing it would have been good for in adhering to its own set up: bringing all of the existing main characters together in a gratifying fashion. It doesn't succeed as a recap given that it focuses entirely on Sora's actions. It doesn't succeed as a shipper AMV given the degree to which Kairi's contribution is contained and how she's promptly disappeared at the end. It's not expansive or breathtaking the way that KH2 and 0.2's openings (the best in the series imo) are, and it doesn't display the level of imagination, intrigue and thematic coherency that KH1's opening did.

@ starcharms

Welcome to the forums! I think that Namine will have a role to play in the game, but the fact remains that the opening doesn't do justice to a lot of the aspects of the series which it should have been a celebration of: it feels more like the opening to a middle installment such as DDD or Re:Coded where there was going to be a focus on some specific character arcs that would tie into the bigger picture. It definitely doesn't seem like a proper representation of the breadth of what KH3 should have to offer.

Personally, I don't like the chess motif (in any context in the series) and the fact that this opening doesn't use a sleeping/waking theme like KH1 and 2 is a big mark against it right from the get-go. But even then, the chess symbolism seems to be obligatory and shallow when there are ways to actually fold it into the broader structure of the game. I mean, if we look at KH3 as a whole, it doesn't really have any resonance with the world selection that we know of, Disney or otherwise, or with the gameplay, or with the way any of the characters think or behave, or with anything other than a cheesy hackneyed way of inferring that Xehanort is a "master tactician" who has been "making plans" and "manipulating events" because he's smart and smart people play chess.

I mean FFS they could have at least used cards, those were already established as a relevant part of the fantasy scenarios in CoM and X[chi].

CaliCubano

Hey all, been reading this board since the leaks came out. Can someone PM me the subreddit this info is coming from?

starcharms

@alexis.anagram
Thanks!! I totally agree though. I think most of us expected way more from the opening to the conclusion of a saga that's been running for nearly 17 years now. Funny how the opening to 0.2 which was only a few hours long was like 5x better lol. Now that you mention it, I miss the sleep/wake motif too. Is it really KH without a closeup of comatose Sora falling endlessly?

Cards would have been cool, though! I think at this point they'd be better off nixing the chess thing altogether and instead spending that time giving an actual decent recap. Watching it again it looks like they spent the first half on BBS, KH1, and Days then just said screw the rest of the games. oof

In other news the leaker is back at it and has arrived in Arendelle. I'm so jealous of this guy :c

notnow123487

Awards
He just posted a three and a half minute video running through twilight town. I am not watching that it’s way too much for me. I can handle a ten second gameplay clip that shows nothing, but this is too much.

This has been fun, but it’s starting to push the envelope for me as we near endgame. I’m afraid important stuff is going to slip out. Why is this happening over a month early.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's half as big as KHII. Wtf. At least Water Magic looks nice.
I beg of you, please do not play Kingdom Hearts III because you will do nothing but be upset the whole time you play and no one should put themselves through 40+ hours of crushing disappointment.

notnow123487

Awards
Most of their time has been spent doing side stuff so take the 24 hours with a grain of salt:

[FONT=&quot]Pointing out our time has really been spending it hunting for the collectibles. Worlds aren’t too long but there’s so much stuff to do. It’s probably short if you rush through the story but again I can’t really say. We’re taking our time. We’ve got a whole month. Relax and enjoy[/FONT]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Most of their time has been spent doing side stuff so take the 24 hours with a grain of salt:
It was the same way with KH1 and 2. You could get lost in them your first time playing through, getting side tracked with side content and looking at the beauty of the world, but when it came to the actual world story it was quite short.

Nevertheless, with Twilight Town being actually bigger and with how much content we know has been stuffed into worlds like Olympus and Toy Box, I imagine my play time will be something similar.

notnow123487

Awards
It was the same way with KH1 and 2. You could get lost in them your first time playing through, getting side tracked with side content and looking at the beauty of the world, but when it came to the actual world story it was quite short.

Nevertheless, with Twilight Town being actually bigger and with how much content we know has been stuffed into worlds like Olympus and Toy Box, I imagine my play time will be something similar.

I agree mine will be as well, especially the first time through. Just want everyone to keep their expectations in check. People earlier were using the 24 hours as evidence that their must be more worlds when that clearly doesn’t seem to be the case.

notnow123487

Awards
I just watched the first fifteen seconds and oh man the lines on every single wall in the game is terrible! That’s definitely going to get beaten to death in reviews. That’s going to be the first thing to be fixed with a hotfix to turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back