• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Person of Interest

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

5 main story quests have been added on 12/27 at 15:00 JST (No. 851~855)!

Watch the cutscene below, with translations by goldpanner!

(Lauriam and Elrena sit on the stairs and talk.)

Elrena: Strelitzia is missing...?

Lauriam: My little sister wasn't one to say much, even to me, but it seems as though the two of you were in the same party a few times. 

I had heard her mention your name before, so I thought maybe you might know something.

Elrena: I don't really know anything either.

Strelitzia spent a lot of time alone... It wasn't like we were friends. We only ever talked about missions.

Lauriam: Really...

My little sister was hesitating over whether to join the Dandelions, and I was trying to persuade her. But I haven't met with her since then, or even seen her around.

Elrena: Hm... I have seen her a few times, but it always looked like she was waiting for someone, so I didn't bother saying anything to her.

Lauriam: Waiting for someone?

(Elrena gestures towards the Fountain Plaza)

Elrena: I often saw her up on the roof of the Fountain Plaza. But, I guess it's been quite a while since the last time I saw her...

You know how Lady Ava made that speech? About how soon Union would fight against Union. Nothing happened in the end. But that was around the last time I saw Strelitzia.

Lauriam (thinking): Nothing happened? Is this because of the overwriting?

Elrena doesn't seem to remember it, but that would have been before the Keyblade War... Don't tell me she ended up fighting in that battle...

Elrena: Your sister is dear to you, isn't she.

Lauriam: Sure?

(Elrena laughs briefly.)

Elrena: I wish I could help you...

(She thinks for a moment, then it hits her.)

Elrena: Oh... Maybe I can!

(She turns and calls as loud as she can. Lauriam grimaces from the noise.)

Elrena: Chirithy!

(Elrena's Chirithy appears from above and lands on her.)

Chirithy: You call, and I come ru--

(Elrena cuts him off.)

Elrena: Hey honey, weren't you good friends with Strelitzia's Chirithy?

Chirithy: Oh, I sure was.

Lauriam: Did he ever say anything about her?

Chirithy: What...? Why would a Union Leader want to know that?

Elrena: This is Lauriam, Strelitzia's big brother.

She's gone missing. Have you heard anything about her?

Chirithy: Hm... The last time I met him, he was looking for someone...

Lauriam: There's that 'someone' again...

Chirithy: It seems like there was someone who had caught Strelitzia's interest since way back, even though she didn't know their name.

Lauriam: Not even their name?

Chirithy: They were really quiet, apparently. But she was desperate to invite them into the Dandelions.

Lauriam: When you last met him, was it after the bell? Or before?

Chirithy: Bell...? Oh, yes. I think it was before?

Lauriam: I see...

Lauriam (thinking): It definitely seems the trail goes cold just before the Keyblade War...

Whoever Strelitzia was interested in must be the key...

Chirithy: That reminds me. The last time we met, it was around there, I think.

(Chirithy gestures towards the abandoned warehouse.)

Chirithy: While we were talking, we saw some people enter that building, and then he rushed back to Strelitzia.

When the Union Leaders were announced a little while later, one of those people was among you. Skuld.

Lauriam: Skuld!?

(He begins to walk away.)

Elrena: Does that seem like a lead?

Lauriam: Yes, it does. Thank you, both of you.

If you remember anything else, could you let me know?

Elrena: Of course.

Lauriam: Until we meet again.

(Lauriam walks off. After he leaves, Elrena heads towards the door of the abandoned warehouse.)

Chirithy: Where are you going?

Elrena: Over to that building, isn't it obvious?

Maybe there's a clue in there.

Chirithy: You don't normally care much about other people, is all.

Elrena: Oh, whatever!

(They head inside.)

(Back to the Union leaders. Brain is reading the Book of Prophecies while Ephemera, Skuld and Ven chat together.)

Ven: Oh, Lauriam.

(Everyone turns towards him.)

Lauriam: Just who I wanted to see.

Ephemera: Hey, if you were going to be back so soon, we could have waited for you. We were just talking about that "Shift Pride" rule and...

(Lauriam cuts him off.)

Lauriam: Sorry, there's something I have to ask Skuld.

Skuld: Huh? Me?

(Later...)

Lauriam: I see...

Skuld: I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help...

Lauriam: No, it's fine, thank you.

She was a really good girl. Maybe she followed the person she was interested in right into that battle...

Ven: Oh no...

(Brain, still not looking up from the book, speaks up.)

Brain: Can I say something?

Lauriam: Hm?

Brain: This person your little sister was interested in. If she was looking to invite them into the Dandelions, then they couldn't have joined before the bell rang.

In other words, your sister WAS a Dandelion then, even though according to you she was supposed to be still wavering on it.

If they had been a member of the Dandelions, this person would have been present when Lady Ava made her speech at the Fountain Plaza, and your sister wouldn't have missed them either.

(He closes the book and turns towards the others.)

Brain: That means this person most likely did fight in the Keyblade War. And your sister wanted to invite them into the Dandelions for some reason, when you say she was hesitating herself.

Weird, huh?

Lauriam: ...

Ephemera: Brain, you just made me think of someone...

Lauriam: Huh?

Ephemera: "A really quiet person who didn't join the Dandelions"...

(Skuld realizes who he's referring to.)

Skuld: Oh!

Lauriam: Do you know who it could be?

Ephemera: They're a friend of mine.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: (SPOILERS) Union X: Elrena and Chirithy

HI LAURIAM IS THE BROTHER GOODBYE FOR NOW

DvZuKyOV4AADK90.jpg:large

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

HI LAURIAM IS THE BROTHER GOODBYE FOR NOW

DvZuKyOV4AADK90.jpg:large
No surprises there because you said this during the last update and I trust what you provide :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

So this is then the last story update before KH III hits or is there more?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So this is then the last story update before KH III hits or is there more?
They don't specify. But personally, I'd bet on the next drop happening right before or on the 25th.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

How has it only been a month since this debate started? It feels like its been half a year lol. Glad to finally know for sure who the sibling is so we can move on to hopefully finding out more lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

How has it only been a month since this debate started? It feels like its been half a year lol. Glad to finally know for sure who the sibling is so we can move on to hopefully finding out more lol.

It's kind of too bad Larxene isn't the sibling. Would have made a good parallel between those two and Anna and Elsa. Oh well. Maybe the could still have had a sister like bond in the past.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

They don't specify. But personally, I'd bet on the next drop happening right before or on the 25th.

Marketing wise certainly a move to be expected.

Although I do scratch my head when remembering Nomura stating how the main scenario would pick up pace and how Ephemer, Skuld, Ventus and "two others" will be the key/catalyst for a big upheaval in the narrative.

Neither have happened as far as the main story goes and from how things go it looks like the narrative is still stuck in the first act and the meetings of the Dandelion leaders are used only to explain gameplay features instead of developing their relationships with each other and the plot.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Marketing wise certainly a move to be expected.

Although I do scratch my head when remembering Nomura stating how the main scenario would pick up pace and how Ephemer, Skuld, Ventus and "two others" will be the key/catalyst for a big upheaval in the narrative.

Neither have happened as far as the main story goes and from how things go it looks like the narrative is still stuck in the first act and the meetings of the Dandelion leaders are used only to explain gameplay features instead of developing their relationships with each other and the plot.
I don’t trust a single thing said about this game now unless the devs admit “yeah we fucked up and are just here to take your money.” SENA just smiles while lying about when things will drop and pretend to be community focused when they say things and then their actions go against that.

It’s just even more disappointing that Nomura said this story would pick up the pace and yet we are only privy to 5 quests a month. They’re spending their time on things that will get them money instead of working on things the fans will want. It’s so insulting to have this game go against what the creator of the entire series says as well. Gah, I’m just so consistently furious with KHUX.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Still gonna be salty about Glacie saying that these updates won't be important to KH3. UH. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. THIS IS GOING TO PLAY INTO A TON OF DYNAMICS.

I'm already just thinking of the mirror of how Vanitas calls Ven his brother (rudely and mockingly) while we have Strelitzia as Lauriam's sister. And knowing Lauriam and Elrena knew each other because of Strelitzia makes this all the more intense.

I'm 100% backing my theory that Ventus killed Strelitzia but Vanitas is the one who has the memories of that rather than Ven and that is going to come into play briefly in KH3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: (SPOILERS) Union X: Main Story Update

[video=youtube;h0rh2B6TPNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0rh2B6TPNE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

BOT 101

I'm 100% backing my theory that Ventus killed Strelitzia but Vanitas is the one who has the memories of that rather than Ven and that is going to come into play briefly in KH3.

Gotta admit, i think that would be an awesome plot twist on the theory!

(i always thought it was little too, i dont know... convenient/obvious? that Lauriam killed Strelitzia. With Marluxia
being an assassin and all that. )
*Imagines Nomura scripting* "Yesss thats right. Keep believing its Lauriam, his the bad guy"

What makes you think it could be Ventus that killed Strelitzia though? and that Vanitas has the memories of it?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Gotta admit, i think that would be an awesome plot twist on the theory!

(i always thought it was little too, i dont know... convenient/obvious? that Lauriam killed Strelitzia. With Marluxia
being an assassin and all that. )
*Imagines Nomura scripting* "Yesss thats right. Keep believing its Lauriam, his the bad guy"

What makes you think it could be Ventus that killed Strelitzia though? and that Vanitas has the memories of it?

I can't speak for Spockanort, but I agree with her and think Nomura would do it because he thinks we would find it shocking lol. He seems to pride himself on crazy twists over anything else. So it seems up his alley. Plus I guess it would make Ven's inclusion more purposeful? And it would give more insight into why Xehanort maybe chose him since he must have some serious darkness if this turns out to be true. I mean, I guess Vanitas is already proof of that to a point.

Darvandark

Re: (SPOILERS) Union X: Main Story Update

Honestly that theory would be pretty interesting as well since we don't know anything about Ven (who he was, what he was like etc) before the split. Which could also be more interesting in general, but it's Nomura, what would be an interesting idea if well executed may end up getting fumbled for the shock and barely explored.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So this cutscene is going to be a bit confusing for those who haven't kept up with KHX. There's several references to events that took place pre-Keyblade War, such as the bell that tolls for the final battle and the meeting with Gula in the abandoned warehouse.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Glad we can finally label the lid on the whole sister thing.

Also, I know it's a different style and a laidback atmosphere (kinda), but seeing Elrena calling her Chirithy who then appears on top of her making her fall it's sooo weird. It's so odd associating such a "Sora moment" to Larxene.

Still gonna be salty about Glacie saying that these updates won't be important to KH3. UH. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. THIS IS GOING TO PLAY INTO A TON OF DYNAMICS.

Even just how does this change our perspective of these characters is enough to make these scenes important. I'll never understand that answer.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Glad we can finally label the lid on the whole sister thing.

Also, I know it's a different style and a laidback atmosphere (kinda), but seeing Elrena calling her Chirithy who then appears on top of her making her fall it's sooo weird. It's so odd associating such a "Sora moment" to Larxene.

She also speaks really politely. Total opposite of Larxene.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd really like to know why Ven is a huge suspect because Vens personality hasn't changed at all from what we've seen.
We’ve only really known Ventus when he’s just a heart of pure light. Who Ventus is when he has the part of his heart that made Vanitas is unexplored. And we know how bad Vanitas is, so how the question on our lips is how dark could Ventus actually be when he is whole.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don’t trust a single thing said about this game now unless the devs admit “yeah we diddlyed up and are just here to take your money.” SENA just smiles while lying about when things will drop and pretend to be community focused when they say things and then their actions go against that.

It’s just even more disappointing that Nomura said this story would pick up the pace and yet we are only privy to 5 quests a month. They’re spending their time on things that will get them money instead of working on things the fans will want. It’s so insulting to have this game go against what the creator of the entire series says as well. Gah, I’m just so consistently furious with KHUX.

Yea, I can understand that.
Going by this pace though not even the JP version will have anything tangible to go with when KH III hits I'm afraid.

I wonder if Nomura is frustrated too with how UX is handled?
He seemed to favor a more frequent pace of story updates.

So this cutscene is going to be a bit confusing for those who haven't kept up with KHX. There's several references to events that took place pre-Keyblade War, such as the bell that tolls for the final battle and the meeting with Gula in the abandoned warehouse.

I guess Skuld is bringing it up since no one else was present at the meeting with Gula?
If someone else brings it up that would be fishy.

Even just how does this change our perspective of these characters is enough to make these scenes important. I'll never understand that answer.

I am not entirely sure of this either as I don't see yet any big reveal that would make me think differently of all the characters involved.

I'd really like to know why Ven is a huge suspect because Vens personality hasn't changed at all from what we've seen.

Indeed, even further from what I've seen so far of UX-Ven he comes over as even "softer" than BBS-Ven.

Dunno if that has to do with him being four years younger or something else.
It certainly fits with Xehanort's assessment that he's "too benign for his own good" though.

We’ve only really known Ventus when he’s just a heart of pure light. Who Ventus is when he has the part of his heart that made Vanitas is unexplored. And we know how bad Vanitas is, so how the question on our lips is how dark could Ventus actually be when he is whole.

What is with the Ventus we just see now?
Like I said above to Seighart this Ven comes over as even more soft and innocent than the "heart of pure light"-version we know from BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back