• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khmickey

You really shouldn’t read too much into it. That same website said KH3 was launching January 25th in the west for like a week back in September.

True but Nomura himself just confirmed on Twitter there's another full trailer to come AND there are multiple official announcements and reveals to come in January before the game's release!

Neo_

Awards
where did it all go? all the videos, I eman?

did they get taken down....or is discussion now illegal?
They'll never be able to remove the straight embeds on TheNerdMag, the singular site that has been the go-to for all things leak-wise. I would direct link the page, but pretty sure that's forbidden.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
True but Nomura himself just confirmed on Twitter there's another full trailer to come AND there are multiple official announcements and reveals to come in January before the game's release!

Nomura didn't even say the word "trailer" in his tweets last night. His tweet was referring to an additional commercial.

Awards
Pretty sure he meant another commercial. If he meant a trailer, he would've said so.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

You're setting yourself up for dissapointment if you still expect more Disney worlds. Be happy with what we've got, it's a varied selection.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Baymax meant variety environment wise. We have a Forest world, a snow world, a futuristic world, a Pirate themed world etc. All of them provide a unique and different setting

I'm honestly surprised there are STILL people bitching about worlds lol Even if we don't get more we have a HUGE GAME AHEAD! Why does the number of worlds we're getting bother people more than the fact that they're going to be way bigger than anything we've had so far? No shitty transition screens in tiny boxed hallways, Environments that will be just as big vertically as they are horizontally won't feel cramped anymore. Worlds with more substance, they're clearly upping the amount of enemies encountered so we won't have large lulls when exploring, and who knows what else we'll see once it actually comes out! I really wish this whole world debacle would end so we can appreciate what an amazing game we're getting.

kingsoraful

Awards
I'm honestly surprised there are STILL people bitching about worlds lol Even if we don't get more we have a HUGE GAME AHEAD! Why does the number of worlds we're getting bother people more than the fact that they're going to be way bigger than anything we've had so far? No shitty transition screens in tiny boxed hallways, Environments that will be just as big vertically as they are horizontally won't feel cramped anymore. Worlds with more substance, they're clearly upping the amount of enemies encountered so we won't have large lulls when exploring, and who knows what else we'll see once it actually comes out! I really wish this whole world debacle would end so we can appreciate what an amazing game we're getting.

Are you gonna look really silly for hyping up this game and when you get it find out the world size isn't as big as you're claiming they are. i mean you honestly think each world is gonna take 3-4 hrs? Keep dreaming that dream, 1.5 to 2 hrs is my prediction tops.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Are you gonna look really silly for hyping up this game and when you get it find out the world size isn't as big as you're claiming they are. i mean you honestly think each world is gonna take 3-4 hrs? Keep dreaming that dream, 1.5 to 2 hrs is my prediction tops.

I'm not hyping up anything, but you all look foolish for acting entitled about wanting more worlds in a game that's already going to be massive compared to its predecessors. I've already stated why the worlds would reach that amount WITH EVIDENCE, not with speculation. The speculation part came from 100% based on projections from the EVIDENCE about what was stated regarding 0.2 and KH3. No matter how long the worlds are, I'm going to still love KH3 because it already looks way better than everything else in the series to date. Take your hate somewhere else, cause you're not discouraging me at all. Game's paid for, getting the PS4 Pro, and I'm more than ready to take on this game regardless of whether or not we get anything else revealed. Also, if you're so worried about it why don't you skip the game and see what happens when it comes out? Instead of moaning that you didn't get your predicted world reveal.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Variety isn't an excuse for having half of the worlds of a PS2 game.

It is when the worlds are exponentially bigger than the worlds in the PS2 game. 5 or 6 screens per world, with maybe 10 to 20 Sora step lengths and width with little to no height compared to a completely open world that you can move freely in that would probably be the equivalent of 100 to 200 screens from the old games? How does no one get that concept? The worlds will be HUGE compared to the PS2 games. Just seeing outside Andy's room in the current trailers that area is at least 20 screens worth of areas. No to mention the number of encounters per screen. Maybe two or three encounters with about 10 enemies total? What we've seen so far we get at least that many enemies per single encounter.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Still longer than KH2 worlds lmao

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I think Baymax meant variety environment wise. We have a Forest world, a snow world, a futuristic world, a Pirate themed world etc. All of them provide a unique and different setting
Yeah, but now let's look at KH2.

Halloween Town, Port Royal, Space Paranoids and Timeless River are four worlds that stand out because of how different they visually are from the rest. When it comes to visuals, the only world in KH3 to offer a contrast to this extent is The Caribbean.

Then in KH2 we have worlds like Pride Lands and Atlantica, which change Sora's gameplay. Another thing that KH3 seems to lack. Sora seems to have the same combat style everywhere.

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, but now let's look at KH2.

Halloween Town, Port Royal, Space Paranoids and Timeless River are four worlds that stand out because of how different they visually are from the rest. When it comes to visuals, the only world in KH3 to offer a contrast to this extent is The Caribbean.

Then in KH2 we have worlds like Pride Lands and Atlantica, which change Sora's gameplay. Another thing that KH3 seems to lack. Sora seems to have the same combat style everywhere.

That's probably because this game is giving you the option to change Sora's gameplay yourself, and usually people despise being forced into Lion and Merman forms. You can choose what keyblades you want for your style, I'm sure there will be abilities that alter combos like always, and there may be a system that lets you turn off situation commands for abilities you don't want active so how you play, Magic based, Power based, Defense based, Speed based or a mix of them, should be in your hands. Plus, if you don't want to use a situation command you don't have to.

As far as variety, if it matters more to you that in one world Sora wears a halloween costume and another he's an old timey cartoon character than it does that you're in a vast forest, a large futuristic city, a snow covered mountain side, etc then you have a strangely specific definition of variety.

Paige712

Variety isn't an excuse for having half of the worlds of a PS2 game.

Half what? KH3 has a minimum of 11, maybe 12 worlds if ROD is fully fleshed out and kh2 had 15 ( 2 of which are like half a world each and 2 that are mini game ones). Kh1 also had 12 so it's still a decent number.

Paige712

I did a world count comparison. Note I didn't include Atlantica for kh2 since I really don't think it should count and I also didn't count Realm of darkness from KH3 until we know if it's fully playable or not.

48394816_1122018824626995_733248958645665792_n.jpg
photo.php

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I did a world count comparison. Note I didn't include Atlantica for kh2 since I really don't think it should count and I also didn't count Realm of darkness from KH3 until we know if it's fully playable or not.

48394816_1122018824626995_733248958645665792_n.jpg
photo.php

Very clean format, I like this

Paige712

Thanks I did it a while ago but I'm a sucker for tables and graphs so I just had to do so with the world count.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Thanks I did it a while ago but I'm a sucker for tables and graphs so I just had to do so with the world count.

You definitely deserve a pat on the back! Love your quote too, I actually met LittleKuriboh at a con once and have a Leather Pants and Looks like the Rules just got screwed shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back