• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wasn't KH Union X Cross supposed to get a new Disney world "soon" ?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
If my memory is correct it's been months since they said that KH Union X Cross would get a new Disney World that wouldn't be in KH3 and instead we would get a character from that World as a summon in KH3. I didn't hear anything more about that since then and the main story got some updates recently.

Was it ever officially confirmed to be Ralph? And/Or will that Disney World come out before KH3 release?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Presumably it will come out before KH3's release, but nothing specific has been announced other than that it was said to be happening soon. There's only really two more updates before KH3 though so hard to say.

It wasn't confirmed/announced to be WIR yet, but KHUx community managers heavily hinted it was iirc

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
There aren’t any official details other than that it will be coming sometime in the “near” future and a character from that world will be a summon in KH3. It’s also a world that has never been featured in the series before. So far, Ralph is the only revealed summon to fit the criteria. But we still have more trailers ahead. When someone on Reddit made a post about Ralph possibly being the world, a Square Enix rep replied, “Hmm, I wonder...” That was taken as confirmation by most people.

That’s pretty much all we have. I honestly don’t think it will show up until after KH3 as a way to lure players back to the game once KH3 comes out. Of course, we won’t get it in Global until April-May at the earliest as things currently stand with the story update gap.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm kinda fed up with the way SENA has been handling Global. Disgusted, really. Not spending a penny on this game.

sephydark

Awards
Yeah, we haven't gotten a lot of details but I really wonder when the new world is coming. I expect global won't get it for quite a while, though, since they haven't done anything to catch us up.

Awards
Well Enchanted Dominion just finished, so we're either going to get actual plot or this new world. Since they're offering those massive rewards of x30 gems for speed, magic, and power in the coliseum, if say they're preparing to release a new keyblade from a new world. Gotta be able to upgrade it after all.

Also not sure about WIR being in khux now. They're releasing a trailer for kh3 practically the same day that WIR2 releases in Japan. From a marketing standpoint, that seems like too much of a coincidence. I can see Disney wanting to promote their movie, considering what a massive hit it was in the US. A trailer with a WIR world would send millions to the box office.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well Enchanted Dominion just finished, so we're either going to get actual plot or this new world. Since they're offering those massive rewards of x30 gems for speed, magic, and power in the coliseum, if say they're preparing to release a new keyblade from a new world. Gotta be able to upgrade it after all.

Friendly reminder that Global is 6 months behind in story. What you'll be getting next is 3 months of Disney world revisits, the scene with Maleficent, introduction of Elrena, and then whatever JP is getting this month.

Also not sure about WIR being in khux now. They're releasing a trailer for kh3 practically the same day that WIR2 releases in Japan. From a marketing standpoint, that seems like too much of a coincidence. I can see Disney wanting to promote their movie, considering what a massive hit it was in the US. A trailer with a WIR world would send millions to the box office.

The last two JP updates talked a lot about the data world, so a Wreck-It-Ralph world still fits perfectly.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Wreck-It Ralph world being hinted at in Kingdom Hearts III in Ralph Breaks the Internet > Wreck-It Ralph in Union Cross to fit with data theme.

Regardless, this announcement is another example of Square Enix's incompetent decision to announce something too early. I thought they would have learned that lesson after announcing Versus XIII.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wreck-It Ralph world being hinted at in Kingdom Hearts III in Ralph Breaks the Internet > Wreck-It Ralph in Union Cross to fit with data theme.

Regardless, this announcement is another example of Square Enix's incompetent decision to announce something too early. I thought they would have learned that lesson after announcing Versus XIII.

You care surprisingly much about UX updates despite having no eggs in this basket.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You care surprisingly much about UX updates despite having no eggs in this basket.

Sure, I have no eggs in the basket. Classy response.

Look, even you can agree that Square Enix announcing a new Disney property for this game in 2017, only for it to be unveiled in 2019 is just terrible marketing. The prospect was initially exciting because it would have been a new Disney world to play since Dream Drop Distance, but now, where's the fun when Kingdom Hearts III is going to be released before this world is confirmed?

Also, unlike most other people, I'm actually really liking what's happening in the story of Union Cross, so I am still interested in the game. I just have the pleasure of not investing time in a game that has a broken and exploitative meta.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sure, I have no eggs in the basket. Classy response.

Look, even you can agree that Square Enix announcing a new Disney property for this game in 2017, only for it to be unveiled in 2019 is just terrible marketing. The prospect was initially exciting because it would have been a new Disney world to play since Dream Drop Distance, but now, where's the fun when Kingdom Hearts III is going to be released before this world is confirmed?

Also, unlike most other people, I'm actually really liking what's happening in the story of Union Cross, so I am still interested in the game. I just have the pleasure of not investing time in a game that has a broken and exploitative meta.

Dude, I've spent over 5 years reporting on this game and dealing with all the bullshit. You've complained a ton about this game despite having stopped playing ages ago and just being able to sit around waiting for story translations to be delivered to you.

We all know the game is lackluster and it's being managed horribly, but whether it gets a new world now or later doesn't affect you at all so maybe stop coming into these threads to complain about the same old shit?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Dude, I've spent over 5 years reporting on this game and dealing with all the bullshit. You've complained a ton about this game despite having stopped playing ages ago and just being able to sit around waiting for story translations to be delivered to you.

We all know the game is lackluster and it's being managed horribly, but whether it gets a new world now or later doesn't affect you at all so maybe stop coming into these threads to complain about the same old shit?

I'm not your emotional punching bag mate, I'm sorry if you're getting fed up with negative comments, but this is not the way to deal with them.

If my response was really unwarranted, you could have just ignored my comment, but instead, you made the effort to engage directly with it. I'm pretty sure that I am not the only the only person who does not play the game but still responds to posts about this game regarding the story, because surprise, surprise, the plot is canon to the larger Kingdom Hearts storyline.

You point fingers at me complaining, but I don't recall badmouthing anything about the plot of this game? In fact, I actively enjoy new story updates that happen, because it expands the Kingdom Hearts lore (I even liked the death of Strelitzia, an event that got most of this forum in a rage).

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I feel like I must say I don't play this game, because its not my cup of tea and I only follow the main plot updates because they are canon.

I created this thread just to make sure I hadn't miss anything and that announcement about the new Disney World didn't turn out to be a mistranslation, because like I said it's been months since then and the main story got some updates recently.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm not your emotional punching bag mate, I'm sorry if you're getting fed up with negative comments, but this is not the way to deal with them.

If my response was really unwarranted, you could have just ignored my comment, but instead, you made the effort to engage directly with it. I'm pretty sure that I am not the only the only person who does not play the game but still responds to posts about this game regarding the story, because surprise, surprise, the plot is canon to the larger Kingdom Hearts storyline.

You point fingers at me complaining, but I don't recall badmouthing anything about the plot of this game? In fact, I actively enjoy new story updates that happen, because it expands the Kingdom Hearts lore (I even liked the death of Strelitzia, an event that got most of this forum in a rage).

You came into this thread to talk smack about Square Enix still not having introduced the Disney world they promised. I called you out because it has no affect on you whether or not they release it now or later, because you don't play the game, have bragged about not playing the game and seemed to only want to post a hot take on a well-known issue.

My "no eggs in the basket" comment is referring to the game's update schedule rather than its contents, which again, doesn't affect you. It makes no difference to you whether they introduce it now or later; you don't have to deal with all of the bullshit to get to it and can just sit back and reap the fruits of that labor when the update finally drops. Comments like the one you contributed only serve to spin the discussion into another rant session about SE's handling of this game, and I'm not having that.

I feel like I must say I don't play this game, because its not my cup of tea and I only follow the main plot updates because they are canon.

I created this thread just to make sure I hadn't miss anything and that announcement about the new Disney World didn't turn out to be a mistranslation, because like I said it's been months since then and the main story got some updates recently.

That's perfectly fine, and I apologize for derailing your thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back