• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 File Size on Xbox One Revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts III is less than two months away and Xbox have updated their listing of the digital version of the game to reveal the file size!

Xbox lists that the game will require 35.81 GB of space on the Xbox One. This doesn’t include any potential day one patches, however. Xbox also lists that it is Xbox One X Enhanced. Digital pre-orders of Kingdom Hearts III on Xbox One comes with the Phantom Green Keyblade.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Guess I'l be making myself a drink while that installs.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Surprisingly small given how much Nomura was fretting about it all fitting on the disc. It's only 6GB bigger than 2.8

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Surprisingly small given how much Nomura was fretting about it all fitting on the disc. It's only 6GB bigger than 2.8
Well that before/during whatever they did to reduce filesize.
I wonder how many cutscenes will be pre-rendered as a result.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Well that before/during whatever they did to reduce filesize.
I know.
I just imagined with the amount he was fretting that it would end up being much tighter/bigger than it ended up being even after doing what they could to reduce the size.

Awards
This honestly has me a tiny bit worried. Is the game not that long after all? I know I shouldn't assume game length based on file size, but I'm just curious and worried.

Mad Magix

I'm relieved because that means a short install time but I was definitely expecting a much bigger install.
I guess Nomura really meant it when he said they had to do a lot of converting on the cutscenes to make the file size smaller

okhi12

Awards
I am worried too. I'm afraid we won't have any more disney worlds, or playable Radiant Garden and Land of Departure/Cable Town. Maybe I'm wrong (I wish I am) but the file size seems too small, unless they did a really good job at reducing it. Square Enix had significant economic losses this year derived from the Luminous Studios nonsense and maybe that affected KH3 budget and content was cut. I don't think so because the game was too far into development when the losses were reported but I don't know... I just don't want another FFXV with important plot-related content cut from the base game to be added via DLC later on. I'll be relieved if the next trailers show gameplay of new worlds, either Disney or original.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I’m not worried. Sure the size surprised me, but the worlds are larger than anything we have seen before and they are filled with things to do. There are currently 8 known Disney worlds to explore and 1 original world, all massive in their size and scale. The install size does not match the length and size of the game, because we know that they have shown off a lot and there’s plenty more that hasn’t been shown off that we know is in the game (various unseen areas in Monstropolis, second playable character scenario, stuff from leaks etc)

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Surprisingly small... I was expecting at least 40-45 GB. That said, this is for Xbox One, not PS4. Fallout 76 had a nearly 50 GB patch install on PS4 but it was around 20 GB on Xbox One. So maybe the file types are different?

That all being said, what is the average file size for a 8th generation game? Just thinking that if Square's rough estimate of 40-50 hours for the main story and 80 hours for 100% completion is true and on resulted in a 36 GB install, maybe it's not that big in comparison to most modern games today. Key word: "in comparison". I have no doubt that KINGDOM HEARTS III will be a massive game, but it probably won't be as massive as most people assume it to be (ala Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, or Red Dead Redemption levels of massive).

okhi12

Awards
I have no doubt that KINGDOM HEARTS III will be a massive game, but it probably won't be as massive as most people assume it to be (ala Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, or Red Dead Redemption levels of massive).
It won't be as massive, but those games you mentioned are open world games and KH3 is not (except Gummi Ship section, I guess), it makes sense KH3 file size is not that huge. I expected more than 40 gb, though.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I wouldn’t worry too much about game length based on this. Dragon Quest XI is about 30gb on PS4 and has around 120 hours of content with post game stuff. Nomura also said we would probably need an internet connection thanks to the stuff they can’t fit on the disc, so I expect a decent sized patch on top of this.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
i actually looked at the game's ms store listing yesterday and saw the file size. didn't even know it was news o_0 weird.

Leaferian

Awards
Yeah, nobody should be freaking out. Pretty sure Persona 5 is only like 25gb and that fluffing nutmuffler is LOOOOONG. I think we're just used to grossly bloated games, and/or seamless open worlds. Although that being said... wasn't Horizon Zero Dawn just over 38 or 39 gigs at launch?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, nobody should be freaking out. Pretty sure Persona 5 is only like 25gb and that fluffing nutmuffler is LOOOOONG. I think we're just used to grossly bloated games, and/or seamless open worlds. Although that being said... wasn't Horizon Zero Dawn just over 38 or 39 gigs at launch?

Yes, just a little over 39 GB.

I think we're all just used to really bloated games/files that KH3 being much smaller comes across as eyebrow-raising.

Leaferian

Awards
Yes, just a little over 39 GB.

I think we're all just used to really bloated games/files that KH3 being much smaller comes across as eyebrow-raising.
Yeah, agreed.

One of my favorite youtubers, SuperButterBuns, pointed out that Monster Hunter World is only 16gb, Dark Souls 3 is 18, and Persona 5 is actually only 20.

Now, all that being said I straight up wouldn't be surprised if the game has long loading times, and a big day 1 patch to convert all those cutscenes into movies to reduce said loading times.

7th_heaven

Awards
BTW Resident Evil 2 remake had 21 GB so I don't think 35GB is bad at all

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i think nobody should complain about the sixe of the game we all know how massive each are soit no big deal

ghostwarmen

Awards
This is not concerning to me, and I have no doubt there will be a large patch that'll kick this sucker up a substantial amount. If anything, I'm glad we know roughly what to expect file size wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back