• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Shift Pride & Meeting ??????

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
As I said, I was watching someone else watch the cutscenes. They have various characters around the video they're watching and I was too lazy to screenshot it from the original video.

Why are people so persistent in tying the KH3 worlds into the Strelitzia situation? Rarely have the org members had deep deep connections to the world they were involved in. That's not to say I hope they are more integrated in the future, but it's not a requirement.

Besides which... both Marluxia and Larxene had a relationship with a character very similar to Strelitzia. Namine. Both treated her pretty crappily no doubt, but one was certainly more abusive than the other. And one was more manipulative than the other, as if they knew exactly what to say...

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
As I said, I was watching someone else watch the cutscenes. They have various characters around the video they're watching and I was too lazy to screenshot it from the original video.

Why are people so persistent in tying the KH3 worlds into the Strelitzia situation? Rarely have the org members had deep deep connections to the world they were involved in. That's not to say I hope they are more integrated in the future, but it's not a requirement.

Besides which... both Marluxia and Larxene had a relationship with a character very similar to Strelitzia. Namine. Both treated her pretty crappily no doubt, but one was certainly more abusive than the other. And one was more manipulative than the other, as if they knew exactly what to say...

I’d rather the history of these characters be relevant to their present day goals and motivations than for it to be ignored due to contrived reasons like memory loss, etc. KH2 would have been better if the Organization members had some sort of meaningful connection to the worlds they were in rather than just using them as backgrounds for their shenanigans. It allows for the Org members to be more fleshed out when we encounter them and it keeps the Disney worlds from just being filler with no original plot or character development. At the very least, it’s poetic to have some thematic parallels, even if they aren’t brought up outright.

Also, we already know there will be a subplot in KH3 involving Ventus that ties into UX and this current story in UX was written by the KH3 team, so it isn’t that outlandish to think the histories of the other UX characters will be important in 3. Strelitzia seems to be a big part of those histories, so I can see her coming up in some capacity.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't remember it being confirmed that Ven's past in Chi would come up in KH3. The only thing we know about the Chi-KH3 connection is the box, right? At this point, I'm almost positive everything we've seen with Ven, Laurium, and Larxene is not going to play a huge role in KH3's story.

And I agree, I've always felt KH2's storytelling was a mess including how the organization was integrated. At the same time, I don't think we should force ourselves to make a connection at this point. They kinda have the 'world' they're in charge of.

Larxene and Marluxia are both very manipulative people, and both Frozen and Tangled featured some of the most manipulative villains in Disney. Marly makes a ton of sense in Tangled due to the whole flower theme and he has a history of manipulating young girls with their own fears and doubts. Larxene is a good fit for Frozen because she knows exactly what to say to rile someone up and cut them deep (and also plays on fears and doubts). Neither of them need a sister to make them effective characters in their future world so... I don't know. The strength in which people have attached themselves to this Frozen thing is weird to me.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
You know, I now think that most people assumed that one killed strelitizia is the previous foreteller because he/she wanted to become a new dandelion leader but now I have doubts about it. You know, they previously were leader themselves so I think that they will be more familiar with the things inside the leaders room than the new ones and I see no benefits if their purpose are just to obtain information. I know that maybe he/she wanted to obtain BoP so he/she need to disguise as a new leader first. But imo it is not a must for the imposter to do that. Then I think about other possible purpose, that is to create chaos among the new leaders for them to fight around themselves. If that is the purpose, they don't need to become a new leader themselves. There is one possible scenario for this, first killed strelitizia, take her book, pose as Ava and give the book to non-leader which I think will inevitably create the leaders to be suspicious of each other and later just needs to take the new leaders book. Just my thought, though.

Except it wasn't information that Gula wants. He already know things are going to hell and thus is planning to summon Kingdom Hearts. He knows well that it's impossible to accomplish alone , but directly asking for it is out of question since everyone is still too rigid to break the rules and willing to summon Kingdom Hearts, so he had to manipulate people for it, and the union leader position seems like the good position to manipulate other people to summon Kingdom Hearts, while the other union leaders are actual innocent kids (perhaps).

There is two kinds of books. The blue book of prophecies, and the green dandelion leader guide book. What was stolen from Strelitzia is the latter-merely as proof he's an actual union leader too, while he still has his book of prophecies.

And again, posing as Ava is out of the question since at that moment in Chi, only Ava is shown to have illusory powers.

I don't remember it being confirmed that Ven's past in Chi would come up in KH3. The only thing we know about the Chi-KH3 connection is the box, right? At this point, I'm almost positive everything we've seen with Ven, Laurium, and Larxene is not going to play a huge role in KH3's story.

That scene with Chirithy and Sora in that Salar de Uyuni-like place tho.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Except it wasn't information that Gula wants. He already know things are going to hell and thus is planning to summon Kingdom Hearts. He knows well that it's impossible to accomplish alone , but directly asking for it is out of question since everyone is still too rigid to break the rules and willing to summon Kingdom Hearts, so he had to manipulate people for it, and the union leader position seems like the good position to manipulate other people to summon Kingdom Hearts, while the other union leaders are actual innocent kids (perhaps).

There is two kinds of books. The blue book of prophecies, and the green dandelion leader guide book. What was stolen from Strelitzia is the latter-merely as proof he's an actual union leader too, while he still has his book of prophecies.

And again, posing as Ava is out of the question since at that moment in Chi, only Ava is shown to have illusory powers.

That scene with Chirithy and Sora in that Salar de Uyuni-like place tho.

Since we don't know what happened at the climax of the Keyblade War the actual fate of the Foretellers including Gula is murky, but it isn't out of the question that he somehow survived, if not in his own body then perhaps by transferring his heart elsewhere.
One has to remember that transferring your own or someone else's heart is an ability every true Keyblade Master can learn, it's not something exclusive to Xehanort.

If Gula is still around in some form he may indeed try to continue follow his plan to gather enough Lux to summon Kingdom Hearts, now perhaps with the additional motivation to somehow undo the tragedy that happened.
In order to do so without being immediately noticed though he would need to blend in for quite a while and thus also need to know the rule sets of the new leaders hence why he would need to read one of the green books at least once.

Just because only Ava is shown to have illusory powers doesn't mean that she is definitely the only one in the X-era to possess them.

We know neither the context of where that weird pillar world is nor to whom that Chirithy belongs so everything is up in the air.
This Chirithy being present alone hints towards some direct connections with Chi though.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

And I agree, I've always felt KH2's storytelling was a mess including how the organization was integrated. At the same time, I don't think we should force ourselves to make a connection at this point. They kinda have the 'world' they're in charge of.

Larxene and Marluxia are both very manipulative people, and both Frozen and Tangled featured some of the most manipulative villains in Disney. Marly makes a ton of sense in Tangled due to the whole flower theme and he has a history of manipulating young girls with their own fears and doubts. Larxene is a good fit for Frozen because she knows exactly what to say to rile someone up and cut them deep (and also plays on fears and doubts). Neither of them need a sister to make them effective characters in their future world so... I don't know. The strength in which people have attached themselves to this Frozen thing is weird to me.

From D23 Japan:

Ventus is “that Ventus”. If you play KH3 then it will all connect.

Source:

https://www.khinsider.com/news/GAME...NGDOM-HEARTS-3-PvP-and-Brand-New-Worlds-11302

By the way, do y’all think it’s coincidence that the plot with Lauriam and Elrena is picking up during the months they have their Data Org events?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back