• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Have any of you noticed that the lip-sync is totally off?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robotman

I've just re-watched all the latest trailers and the lip-sync is horrendous, the mouth movements don't fit with words when the characters are talking.

I know that it's just a trailer but it'll really annoy me if it's not fixed in the final version. I mean why would they post a trailer when the lip-sync is so off? It's gone gold, so everything should be done.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Really? Cause the lipsync looks fine aside from when the characters are far from the camera when they do the modern day equivalent to fishface.

LostArtist

Awards
I noticed it in the E3 trailers with Frozen. Not so much in the newer trailers. Although the demyx scene in the pooh trailer did have some odd word/gesture timing (probably a result of translating) that I noticed right away.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I haven't paid it any attention with these trailers since they were put together before the lip syncing was completed.

When they actually give that kind of attention to a game it's generally after the game has been released in Japan and the localisation work is well underway but they didn't have that this time around.

I'm not worried, though, they have had plenty of time since a lot of those trailers dropped to work on the lip syncing. Plus it looked fine with the Toy Story demo so I'd be happy if the rest of the game was at that level.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I can see why this would bother someone but I'm usually too busy listening to the performance to notice if the lip flaps match perfectly, and to be honest, it's not something I worry especially hard about. I'd prefer the line sound as natural and fluid as possible, and if that means shifting the timing a bit, it's fine, I can suspend my disbelief now and again, especially if it's just for some early footage cut for a trailer and the final game is better synchronized.

KeybladeMasterB

I am late to this thread. Anyway, it was confirmed before the lip sync will be adjusted for both the japanese and english version so the mouth matches the words in each of the languages. It was way more noticeable in the Frozen trailer but I am pretty sure it was because they hadn't finished it by then. Don't worry SE considered working in these details so it will be alright.

mytomxxx

I'm starting to notice that you are really worrying alot about the game don't you?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm starting to notice that you are really worrying alot about the game don't you?

86lTBox.png

All these complaints and I still feel like wanting "A Bugs Life" in KH3 is probably the most egregious sin.

My advice would be to step away from the news cycle and game discussions and focus on literally anything else until the game comes out. I've never been one for blind positivity but the game looks, at the very least, good, and the only thing that could bog it down from there are ridiculous expectations and hypercritical analysis of trailers.

The KH3 trailers, overall, have been pretty bad IMO. Sure, I'm always excited to see them, but they usually do a pretty poor job of showing off stuff that I know for a fact will be better in the game. Combat scenes are always overly focused on flashy finishers, we've endured like 18 minutes of Don't Think Twice with no sound effects, and the dialogue we do get is often not very entertaining, but it's naive to base expectations off the trailers like this.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
86lTBox.png

All these complaints and I still feel like wanting "A Bugs Life" in KH3 is probably the most egregious sin.

My advice would be to step away from the news cycle and game discussions and focus on literally anything else until the game comes out. I've never been one for blind positivity but the game looks, at the very least, good, and the only thing that could bog it down from there are ridiculous expectations and hypercritical analysis of trailers.

The KH3 trailers, overall, have been pretty bad IMO. Sure, I'm always excited to see them, but they usually do a pretty poor job of showing off stuff that I know for a fact will be better in the game. Combat scenes are always overly focused on flashy finishers, we've endured like 18 minutes of Don't Think Twice with no sound effects, and the dialogue we do get is often not very entertaining, but it's naive to base expectations off the trailers like this.

Lol I think this dude is paranoid.

robotman

Are you that much of a loser that you have to go through my post history to try and drag me for making a valid point? You literally could have just made this exact same post without going through my post history, taking a screenshot and posting it for "clout" or an attempt to "drag me". The post I made is completely valid if you've seen the trailers.

Better yet, you could have ignored this post, put me on ignore and kept it moving. Shows what type of person you are.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I like how a trend of providing prompts for the community to respond to and thereby generating discussion is being leveraged as an opportunity to poke fun at someone who hasn't done anything wrong.

Then again, the KH community.

Awards
Are you that much of a loser that you have to go through my post history to try and drag me for making a valid point? You literally could have just made this exact same post without going through my post history, taking a screenshot and posting it for "clout" or an attempt to "drag me". The post I made is completely valid if you've seen the trailers.

Better yet, you could have ignored this post, put me on ignore and kept it moving. Shows what type of person you are.

No offense, but it is a little funny though. You seem to be complaining a lot. You tend to just focus on the negative and you TURN things into something negative. Don’t play the game if you’re that worried and already setting yourself up for disappointment.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

In through the nose, out through the mouth. You're taking yourself and your (long series of) complaints way too seriously. At the rate you're going, I'm sure we have plenty of your complaints to sit through before and after the game comes out, so at least have a sense of humor about it, and don't go into a rage over someone observing it.

I'm just having a laugh; I'm not trying to 'drag you' for 'clout'. And I'm definitely not a loser, I'm actually so cool.
I know you're just upset that I dissed A Bug's Life

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
In through the nose, out through the mouth. You're taking yourself and your (long series of) complaints way too seriously. At the rate you're going, I'm sure we have plenty of your complaints to sit through before and after the game comes out, so at least have a sense of humor about it, and don't go into a rage over someone observing it.

I'm just having a laugh; I'm not trying to 'drag you' for 'clout'. And I'm definitely not a loser, I'm actually so cool.
I know you're just upset that I dissed A Bug's Life

You went too far dissing A Bug's Life. A Bug's Life is a hero and he doesn't afraid of anything. He stopped Chopper and the crickets (at least I think that's what they were) from beating up the other Bug's Lifes (they totally name dropped in the movie lol) and used the power of a rock.

LostArtist

Awards
You went too far dissing A Bug's Life. A Bug's Life is a hero and he doesn't afraid of anything. He stopped Chopper and the crickets (at least I think that's what they were) from beating up the other Bug's Lifes (they totally name dropped in the movie lol) and used the power of a rock.

Off topic from the thread but I actually think A bugs life would be such a perfect world for a kh game. For a while too I had confidence it could actually make it. hahaha, my wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back