• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Shift Pride & Meeting ??????

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
The simple answer is he just doesn't know Elrena that well and needed to verify. Saying maybe he didn't recognize her because her back was turned to him feels like an excuse. After all, she actually confirms she is Elrena when he asked. If he just didn't recognize her from behind, I think it would've been more like, "Elrena, is that you? Ah, there you are." rather than, "Are you Elrena?" "Yes?" "Ok good, I need to talk about sister"

The simple answer is he just doesn't know Elrena that well and needed to verify. Saying maybe he didn't recognize her because her back was turned to him feels like an excuse. After all, she actually confirms she is Elrena when he asked. If he just didn't recognize her from behind, I think it would've been more like, "Elrena, is that you? Ah, there you are." rather than, "Are you Elrena?" "Yes?" "Ok good, I need to talk about sister"
That makes more sense, they act like two people who are not very acquainted with each other. However, there is a line Lauriam said when he was going to leave after talking with Ephemera that caught muy attention:

"There's someone I'm looking for. They're supposed to have joined the Dandelions, but I haven't seen them..."

Who are "they"?
Anyway, when is the next story update?

Hirokey123

Awards
You know I wouldn't be surprised if Brain is the killer and Brain is Gula.

The timing would line up as it looks like Chirithy had seen the player head into the house when they were heading in with Skuld to talk to Gula. After which we know Skuld and the player left but we never see Gula leave, which doesn't meant that he didn't just that he's honestly the prime suspect as presumably he still be in there when Strelitzia entered. Gula knew about the Dandelions AND he's close to Ava so it's not far fetched to believe he would know about the new union leaders. He's also demonstrated that he's as yellow-bellied as his clothing AND a bit of a schemer, so it wouldn't be that strange if he killed Strelitzia and planned to take her place as a backup plan depending on how the upcoming war went. When he saw the war going south he

Brain and Gula aren't that different in personality either, or at least based in what little personality we've seen from Gula, they both push boundaries and aren't exactly a stickler for following the rules. Brain and Gula also both said the same thing, that Skuld reminds them of Ava. It's not like we know what Gula looks like or Brain sounds like so it's pretty plausible that Gula could have infiltrated as Brain. Of course this would absolutely make Gula the traitor and it seems like a very MoM thing to do, sending the traitor off to find the traitor thus causing him to spiral into depression at his failure to locate the traitor. Which becomes the very thing that makes him betray everyone to begin with.

Unrelated but reading over the translations here and with Everglow a thought occurred to me. What if Ventus and Lauriam DON'T travel and aren't Ventus and Marluxia? By that I mean what if the real ones remain here but their data selves are the ones that end up getting thrust through time. You don't even need to create an explanation for their seeming amnesia, you can just say the data versions of them didn't have those memories.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'll beat Sephiroth to it and remind that Xehanort also said Ventus was too bening for his own good and lacked the fortitude necessary to undertake his trials, meaning that at least in BbS Ventus pre-Vanitas was already kind of a good egg without that much more to it.

I think Xehanort was at least aware of him being there, but not because it manifested something while still inside Ven.

In the reports Xehanort actually precises what he said to Terra in that Ventus was specifically to weak in overall constitution to survive the heart-splitting process unscathed. That combined with Vanitas taking more of Ven's heart as he was supposed to is the explanation as to why Ven nearly died.

I think it is more like that Xehanort sensed enough Darkness in Ventus that he deemed strong/deep enough to be further nurtured and eventually use to have Ven succumb to it. Notice how in the flashback Xehanort first goads Ven into accessing and using his Darkness which Ven adamantly refuses.
After Ven is nearly killed by the Neoshadows a disgruntled Xehanort assesses in some sort of disbelief that Ventus would apparently rather die than fall to Darkness.
Xehanort says about Terra as well that he is "well-intentioned" and it is certainly true, there is no "evil" or even malicious intent anywhere in Terra, but the Darkness present is sufficient enough for Xehanort to work with and try to manipulate.

I remember Spockanort already pointing out somewhere that while Ven's Darkness was a quarter of his heart and rather strong/deep it doesn't indicate anything about that Darkness' nature. Vanitas is mainly the way he is due to Xehanort's "care" for four years and the depth of Ven's darkness before the heart split can also come from non-malicious negative emotions and experiences like general trauma (he did witness the war after all and could have a case of survivor's guilt), fear and general issues of low self-worth and insecurity. In the flashbacks with Xehanort he is very fearful after all and his Ux-self is a timid, shy and reluctant boy.

I think this is what several of those theorizing about Ven being the killer are overlooking.

The timing would line up as it looks like Chirithy had seen the player head into the house when they were heading in with Skuld to talk to Gula. After which we know Skuld and the player left but we never see Gula leave, which doesn't meant that he didn't just that he's honestly the prime suspect as presumably he still be in there when Strelitzia entered. Gula knew about the Dandelions AND he's close to Ava so it's not far fetched to believe he would know about the new union leaders. He's also demonstrated that he's as yellow-bellied as his clothing AND a bit of a schemer, so it wouldn't be that strange if he killed Strelitzia and planned to take her place as a backup plan depending on how the upcoming war went. When he saw the war going south he

Brain and Gula aren't that different in personality either, or at least based in what little personality we've seen from Gula, they both push boundaries and aren't exactly a stickler for following the rules. Brain and Gula also both said the same thing, that Skuld reminds them of Ava. It's not like we know what Gula looks like or Brain sounds like so it's pretty plausible that Gula could have infiltrated as Brain. Of course this would absolutely make Gula the traitor and it seems like a very MoM thing to do, sending the traitor off to find the traitor thus causing him to spiral into depression at his failure to locate the traitor. Which becomes the very thing that makes him betray everyone to begin with.

Uh, you know, now that you mention Gula I remember his final words to the Player avatar in the Keyblade War, which was something along the lines of "maybe we'll meet again", similar to what the Nightmare Chirithy said.
We know absolutely nothing about the actual climax and end of the Keyblade War and what happened to the individual Foretellers as Browser Chi only addressed the beginning stages of the war and the immediate aftermath.
The scene with Luxu in 0.2 also shows part of the aftermath, so the possibility that Gula survived somehow is there.

In Back Cover during his last appearance Gula is seen to be desperate and willing to resort to drastic measures, yet when Player Avatar and Skuld confront him later he seems to be resigned and even shares information from the Book of Prophecies with them.
Still, that doesn't mean he would not possibly think of a backup plan and maybe try to summon Kingdom Hearts again from within the Unchained Realm, either to reach his supposed goal of calling back the Master or to use KHs power to restore the old world.

Maybe he even asked Ava to include him but she obviously had to decline. Yet in order to continue following his plans without getting disturbed yet sitting in the circles of power to oversee everyday happenings at the same times he would not only need to be among the new leaders, he would also need one of the rule books in order to fit in.

Unrelated but reading over the translations here and with Everglow a thought occurred to me. What if Ventus and Lauriam DON'T travel and aren't Ventus and Marluxia? By that I mean what if the real ones remain here but their data selves are the ones that end up getting thrust through time. You don't even need to create an explanation for their seeming amnesia, you can just say the data versions of them didn't have those memories.
At least in regards to Ventus Nomura already confirmed in I think the Square Enic Café interview from October 2017 that UX-Ven is the same boy we already know from BBS.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

You make viable points. The only problem that I have with this theory is that "all" of the Foretellers disappeared, and this theory contradicts that if Brain is Gula.

I'm still under the belief that Brain is Young Eraqus. Eraqus was not shy of potentially killing Ventus for what he conceived to be the greater good in Birth by Sleep. It could also give greater context as to why Eraqus finds darkness to be such a hazard, and why he was overbearingly concerned about Terra's darkness. He may have seen his younger reckless self through Terra, hence his behaviour to have Aqua keep tabs on him.

Also, Brain's design does make a striking resemblance to Eraqus. Eraqus is the anagram of Square, and Square Enix is the brains of the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

xDpCNcy.jpg

c8TqC6nQdkwmAsNHtIk_53gTJvzAtc8h2RGb7_ms_yE.jpg

What if the killer is the somebody of Luxord or Demyx?

You know what, that could be entirely possible. If you think about it, the killer was able to survive beyond the events of the Keyblade War. Who said that the killer had to be one of the new Union leaders? sure, one of them isn't really supposed to be there, but that may not mean that they directly did it.

If another person tagged along with the fraudulent Dandelion, then that makes two people who were supposed to die off in The Keyblade War as opposed to one.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
That makes more sense, they act like two people who are not very acquainted with each other. However, there is a line Lauriam said when he was going to leave after talking with Ephemera that caught muy attention:

"There's someone I'm looking for. They're supposed to have joined the Dandelions, but I haven't seen them..."

Who are "they"?
Anyway, when is the next story update?

Laurium is almost certainly looking for Strelitzia. He can't find her because she was murdered before the world ended, meaning her data probably didn't get copied and carried over. He seeks out Elrena to ask about Strelitzia because she was probably her friend and he has no other leads.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Laurium is almost certainly looking for Strelitzia. He can't find her because she was murdered before the world ended, meaning her data probably didn't get copied and carried over. He seeks out Elrena to ask about Strelitzia because she was probably her friend and he has no other leads.

All of this makes me wonder if Lauriam even has a copy of the rulebook.

Luxord's element being time is a forgotten detail.

Because we have enough factors at play right now. Adding Luxord into the mix when he may not exist in KHUX causes unneccessary complications.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
All of this makes me wonder if Lauriam even has a copy of the rulebook.

Oh man, what if the twist is that Lauriam doesn't have it but a third party (the killer) does
WHAT IF ELRENA HAS IT

Wait, but supposedly one of the five is an impostor anyway, because Strelitzia was chosen as a leader herself.
...Imma bank on Brain having two, Light Yagami style.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If Laurium is her brother, maybe she told him everything? Which is why he shows up in her place and why he's unwilling to tell any of them exactly who he's looking for and why? I can't imagine Ava chose both siblings to be a leader, so maybe Laurium is technically the intruder, but he's there to spy/figure out what happened to his sister?

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Because we have enough factors at play right now. Adding Luxord into the mix when he may not exist in KHUX causes unnecessary complications.

Except Luxord is arguably the most relevant character to be added into Union Cross because of his time based abilities, and the fact that he is Number X, that's as meta as you can get. He ranks before Marluxia, and we've seen that the order of Organization XIII has significance because it symbolises when they've joined.

Matter of fact, his time-based abilities may be the very reason why him, Lauriam, Elrena and Ventus catapult through time. Full disclaimer though, I'm not stating any of this to be fact, I just believe that Luxord is not only likely, he's inevitable.

Demyx, on the other hand, is the question mark for me. He was recruited after Axel, so he could have been native to Radiant Garden as oppose to Daybreak Town.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Except Luxord is arguably the most relevant character to be added into Union Cross because of his time based abilities, and the fact that he is Number X, that's as meta as you can get. He ranks before Marluxia, and we've seen that the order of Organization XIII has significance because it symbolises when they've joined.

Matter of fact, his time-based abilities may be the very reason why him, Lauriam, Elrena and Ventus catapult through time. Full disclaimer though, I'm not stating any of this to be fact, I just believe that Luxord is not only likely, he's inevitable.

Demyx, on the other hand, is the question mark for me. He was recruited after Axel, so he could have been native to Radiant Garden as oppose to Daybreak Town.

Regardless of how much sense for him to be there, trying to pull in outside characters before they even become relevant makes an already complicated mystery even more so. Luxord is, at the moment, completely irrelevant to KHUX. That's why no one is really mentioning him in this discussion, not that we've all magically forgotten he exists.

DraceEmpressa

Awards

I was thinking about that too, copied from my tumblr:
[h=1]My Theory on Blaine’s True Identity[/h]It is long so please click read more-also, you might be wondering why there is Gula tag there. You’ll know the second you click more, you’ll know, though.

There are many people salty with the name change from Blaine into Brain, including me. Why ? Because Blaine is not only more interesting name, it have a meaning as well. Blaine is Scottish for “tiny yellow one”… Why would someone dressed in black would be reffered as yellow? And someone who looks at normal height is called tiny?
When we say “tiny yellow”, we usually would think of Ven. But there is someone who is tiny for his group and his color code is yellow too…
tumblr_inline_owxli7IilN1r3m5te_500.jpg

Gula.
However, Gula actually isn’t that small compared to the common teens in the unions, but clearly is the only male foreteller who can make convincing disguise of another common kid in the union.
tumblr_inline_owxlu3mg131r3m5te_400.png
(screenshot taken from youtube user KHIsland)
Another hint is that his familiarity with the Book of Prophecies laying on the Master of Master’s desk, yet unfamiliar with the content of the Dandelion Guide Book. In his introduction chapter, he asked the others that “are the rules absolute?”
as if he never got the content of it explained to him by Ava.The new chapter exemplifies it more. Ephemera decided to break the rule, and he asked again”I thought the rules are absolute?” Lauriam dropped a loophole abuse that “it never stated when. ”Implying he was forcing himself to think the Dandelion Guide Book is absolute to fit in wit the others. The fact that he is familiar enough with the Book of Prophecies imply he always had one, and only Gula is small enough to infiltrate the Dandelion kids among the male foretellers.Not even Luxu is that small.
Ava do have illusory power, yes, but if it’s Ava herself (or anyone with solid illusory power) is the one who killed Strelitzia, then why didn’t they appear as her (Strelitzia) instead? Simple-He didn’t have it, so he had to resort to a manual disguise.
Another thing to note is that his attack’s name in the medal is Panther’s claw. A panther is not a name for a species, it is simply a name to address any big cat with melanism- case of excess melanin causing a big cat to have fur and skin almost entirely black. Gula do have black in his clothes, and is a bit tan, but those much isn’t enough to call him a panther. So who else, other than Master of Masters and Luxu, who had so much black he qualify as a panther?
tumblr_inline_oz11ndJJTA1r3m5te_250.png

That Ava told him everything but refuse to give him spot in the Dandelion makes sense, Chirithy often state they are exceptionally close-thus why he know he needs to kill and replace one new Union Leader and stole their book.

Another thing to note is that when Luxu told Ava who is the traitor, she didn't only rebuke it out of disbelief. She actually snaps and attack him (which what starts the main keyblade war). Again, Gula and Ava are close and it would make sense if she disbelief HE is the traitor that much.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh man, what if the twist is that Lauriam doesn't have it but a third party (the killer) does
WHAT IF ELRENA HAS IT

Wait, but supposedly one of the five is an impostor anyway, because Strelitzia was chosen as a leader herself.
...Imma bank on Brain having two, Light Yagami style.

Correct me if I remember wrongly on this, but I recall Lauriam so far never being shown holding one of the green rule books, neither during the first meeting in the Keyblade Graveyard (where only Blaine shows off one), the meeting about the spirits/splitting of the Unions (where I don't remember anyone taking out their green book) and the most recent one where everyone except Lauriam (who isn't present) takes out their book.

Impostor or deliberate Infiltrator? The five leaders are the only ones supposed to know the overall truth and have recources at their disposal no one else has, so becoming part of that group could be very important for someone even if they aren't Strelitzia's direct killer.
If only four books are present among the five right now that would prove a third party has one but not prove that they are the killer since as already said, it is possible that the killer passed on the book to someone else in the meantime, when having illusion powers probably even as Ava while doing it and thus rousing no suspicions.
In that case the one of the five who isn't supposed to be there wouldn't even know that they are taking someone else's place.

What would Blaine want with two green rule books though? In all should be written the same stuff, shouldn't it? There isn't yet the topic of yet another lost page on the table, is it?

If Laurium is her brother, maybe she told him everything? Which is why he shows up her in her place and all and why he's unwilling to tell any of them exactly who he's looking for and why? I can't imagine Ava chose both siblings to be a leader, so maybe Laurium is technically the intruder, but he's there to spy/figure out what happened to his sister?

I can see Strelitzia spilling the beans even if she was supposed not to, although in her scenes she seems to be worried more about the Player Avatar than anyone else.
Yet there she is also willing to at least partly break the rule of secrecy imposed on the whole thing and her Chirithy clearly doesn't like that.
A few scenes later the Chirithy even questions if she's qualified enough to be an Union Leader:
Chirithy said:
"She… a Union Leader… really?"

So there is definitely a pattern to it which would make it in-character for Strelitzia to tell everything about her being chosen as a leader to her sibling, regardless if it's Elrena or Lauriam as both could open up yet more paths this story could go, the one you mention being one of them.
Worse, if Strelitzia spills the beans somewhere outside it is possible that someone overheard it who shouldn't be trusted which such an information. I remember it being stated in the opening parts of at least Browser Chi (I dunno if Ux has it too) that among the Keyblade Wielders are some who are Seekers of Darkness in disguise.

My Theory on Blaine’s True Identity

It is long so please click read more-also, you might be wondering why there is Gula tag there. You’ll know the second you click more, you’ll know, though.

There are many people salty with the name change from Blaine into Brain, including me. Why ? Because Blaine is not only more interesting name, it have a meaning as well. Blaine is Scottish for “tiny yellow one”… Why would someone dressed in black would be reffered as yellow? And someone who looks at normal height is called tiny?
When we say “tiny yellow”, we usually would think of Ven. But there is someone who is tiny for his group and his color code is yellow too…
tumblr_inline_owxli7IilN1r3m5te_500.jpg

Gula.
However, Gula actually isn’t that small compared to the common teens in the unions, but clearly is the only male foreteller who can make convincing disguise of another common kid in the union.
tumblr_inline_owxlu3mg131r3m5te_400.png
(screenshot taken from youtube user KHIsland)
Another hint is that his familiarity with the Book of Prophecies laying on the Master of Master’s desk, yet unfamiliar with the content of the Dandelion Guide Book. In his introduction chapter, he asked the others that “are the rules absolute?”
as if he never got the content of it explained to him by Ava.The new chapter exemplifies it more. Ephemera decided to break the rule, and he asked again”I thought the rules are absolute?” Lauriam dropped a loophole abuse that “it never stated when. ”Implying he was forcing himself to think the Dandelion Guide Book is absolute to fit in wit the others. The fact that he is familiar enough with the Book of Prophecies imply he always had one, and only Gula is small enough to infiltrate the Dandelion kids among the male foretellers.Not even Luxu is that small.
Ava do have illusory power, yes, but if it’s Ava herself (or anyone with solid illusory power) is the one who killed Strelitzia, then why didn’t they appear as her (Strelitzia) instead? Simple-He didn’t have it, so he had to resort to a manual disguise.
Another thing to note is that his attack’s name in the medal is Panther’s claw. A panther is not a name for a species, it is simply a name to address any big cat with melanism- case of excess melanin causing a big cat to have fur and skin almost entirely black. Gula do have black in his clothes, and is a bit tan, but those much isn’t enough to call him a panther. So who else, other than Master of Masters and Luxu, who had so much black he qualify as a panther?

That Ava told him everything but refuse to give him spot in the Dandelion makes sense, Chirithy often state they are exceptionally close-thus why he know he needs to kill and replace one new Union Leader and stole their book.

Another thing to note is that when Luxu told Ava who is the traitor, she didn't only rebuke it out of disbelief. She actually snaps and attack him (which what starts the main keyblade war). Again, Gula and Ava are close and it would make sense if she disbelief HE is the traitor that much.

I find it plausible, it also goes in a similar direction I theorized in my previous post.

Oh, and @Alpha Baymax in regards to:
The only problem that I have with this theory is that "all" of the Foretellers disappeared, and this theory contradicts that if Brain is Gula.
"Disappeared" does not have to mean being wiped out or completely erased from existence. The Master of Masters disappeared too and there are still people who believe it is possible to bring him back, most of all Gula who in his desperation thought that by summoning KH he could get the MoMs attention and goad him into coming back.
No one knows he is Gula if that theory has merit so he would still be "gone".

yuyayuzu

Awards

You know, I now think that most people assumed that one killed strelitizia is the previous foreteller because he/she wanted to become a new dandelion leader but now I have doubts about it. You know, they previously were leader themselves so I think that they will be more familiar with the things inside the leaders room than the new ones and I see no benefits if their purpose are just to obtain information. I know that maybe he/she wanted to obtain BoP so he/she need to disguise as a new leader first. But imo it is not a must for the imposter to do that. Then I think about other possible purpose, that is to create chaos among the new leaders for them to fight around themselves. If that is the purpose, they don't need to become a new leader themselves. There is one possible scenario for this, first killed strelitizia, take her book, pose as Ava and give the book to non-leader which I think will inevitably create the leaders to be suspicious of each other and later just needs to take the new leaders book. Just my thought, though.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm watching someone else watch Chi/Backcover and remembered this. I feel like it's significant somehow:

26rWM4H.png

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
So if Elrena is the sibling, we have the Frozen parallel. But if Lauriam is the sibling, his goal in Corona could be to use the power of a magic flower to bring back the “flower” he lost, giving new meaning to this:

“Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt
Change the Fate's design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine

What once was mine”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back