• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think that KH3 will feel SPECIAL like your fav/1st KH game(s)?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will KH3 be as SPECIAL as your 1st or favourite KH game(s)?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • I have my doubts regarding that but the experience will be great regardless!

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • The feelings I have towards my fav/1st KH game(s) are irreplaceable, no matter how good KH3'll be!

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I think the game/its plot will be too contrived. Still (very) enjoyable as a whole, though.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nah. In fact, I think this game'll not work for me because...

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enturax

Awards
IMO, the plot seems underwhelming - just tons of fanservice with a rehashed mix of KH2 with DDD. And Nomura'll still manage to confuse us (which is normal), but the question is... how MUCH? Will it be like: "Oh, that's a cool idea which I don't understand but am willing to explore further!" or "Just... just stop it, already!".
I'm guessing it won't be anywhere near nostalgic/melancholic as KH2 or 1, or 358/2 Days either.

Also, I'm worried it'll be 70% filler and 30% actual plot all over again.

I'm not a fan of the new Disney worlds, they're not giving me a proper, serious and mysterious vibes which, believe it or not, Classical Disney worlds actually gave me in the prequels. If Nomura wanted them so much in a KH game, he should've waited for KH4 when the Xehanort Saga is done and so there's more reason for him to experiment with the atmosphere of the franchise.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
They are building KH3 up to be the greatest KH experience of all time. They're taking everything they built up in KH 2 and making it better. The controls will be solid, the techniques will be more awesome, and the story will be wrapped up perfectly, save for the post credit scene that gives us insight into KH 4 or whatever the next title may be.

EDIT: Okay, so since everyone else is going more in depth with their answers, I'm going to tell my story.

I was 11 when KH 1 first came out, I didn't have a PS2 yet because it hadn't become my birthday or Christmas yet. My brother'd gf came over and she brought her PS2 over and she had KH 1. I watched her play it a bit and I was hooked. At that point it was all I talked about, I had a PS1 and mostly played RPGs and Final Fantasy was all over that. Come my birthday, my parents took me to Gamestop and I got a used PS2, one memory card, and a copy of FF X and KH 1. It was a very magical moment for me. Fast forward 2 years, Christmas I found out by shopping at Gamestop with my mom that not only was my favorite series, Jak and Daxter, getting its third installment but there was a surprise (i didn't see any ads for it in game magazines until after it came out) sequel to KH! At this point we knew our parents bought us our gifts, so I got to leave the mall that day with my Christmas gifts, Jak 3 and KH CoM. Move forward a few months and I check every single gaming magazine I can and frequent Gamefaqs to find information on new games and there's news about an upcoming Kingdom Hearts game. I remember printing out the picture of the first look we got of Sora's new outfit and I was driving all my friends crazy talking about KH 2. The day it came out the release date was still up in the air because it kept getting pushed back but I remember I was hanging out at a friend's house and I got a text from another friend that it was out already and that gamestop was giving copies out early (I think it was coming out that or next friday) and I had my parents call ahead to verify they had it. As soon as they said yes to me my friend and i went straight to gamestop to pick up my copy and back and played it all night long. Unfortunately, like many others, I didn't like Roxas at first and decided I would skip 358/2 days (and thought it was a "side story") and didn't learn more about a new KH until BBS was announced at E3. That was when I was in college and met my wife and we bought her a PSP and BBS as a post Christmas gift. I skipped RE:Coded at that point because it was a cell phone game and everyone questioned if it was canon or not until I bought a 3DS specifically for Dream Drop Distance, I worked as a packer at amazon and picked it up on my way to work that day. A few months later, my first child was born. When I first saw that Re:Coded was Re:capped in DDD I bought it and regretted skipping a gem of a game. At that point I became crazy about theorizing where the story would go, making a formula for worlds based on what we already knew and watched every square enix event and announcement until that fateful day in 2013. It's long winded, I know but each and every Kingdom Hearts game has a significant place in my point during those times in my life and we got new info when my son, Axel Lea (yes that's his name) was born and we got new info again this year when my second daughter was born so every Kingdom Hearts release from 3 to 50 in the farthest future I reach will always feel special to me.

Last edited:

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I don't think it'll replace the feelings I have for KINGDOM HEARTS I, but it is still a KINGDOM HEARTS game. At the very least, I can expect an enjoyable experience in both story and gameplay. Besides, I'm not looking for that same experience. I'm looking for an experience unique to KINGDOM HEARTS III.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I can't say I 100% agree on the story, but I will say it hasn't like fueled my speculation as much as past games since it seems "obvious" what the main story beats will be. Even wrenches in the plan like Aqua going dark sorta have obvious end points.

I also 100% disagree on the Disney worlds lol. I guess...nothing has every felt mysterious about them to me. I just love having good movies featured. And when they can capture the Disney "magic" is usually when I am most pleased. That also usually involved at least some of it being relevant to the overall plot/ series lore. Which I hope they manage to incorporate sorta. But it doesn't feel like anything will top KH1 in just terms of Disney magic/incorporation to the overall plot.

I have hopes I will like it more than KH2 for sure. BBS I could also see it topping for me. In terms of gameplay, I hope it is at the series' best.

Echoecho6

Awards
When all this started I was hoping for a game to be better than KH2, but those dreams have been crushed a while ago. However, I do think it will surpass the majority of the other titles. It will be fun, and right now the story excited me the most. I am still too peeved about the gameplay aspect and how the mechanics work to think it can beat KH2. Being able to preserve your keyblade transformation is a huge saving grace, but still doesn't fix all the issues. I dislike the idea that you can go with ONE attack/keyblade/whatever and it will give you the same results as everything else. I prefer being requires to find the right moves in order to defeat the enemy rather then have all the moves basically do the same job. It may look like all the transformations are unique in their moves, and you are correct, they all are unique to eachother in terms of what they look like, but what you accomplish and how they feel seem to pretty much be the same. Basically I want to beable to go "Okay, I need the Ariel summon to get through this part of this boss fight", or "Guard form works best against these bigger unversed enemies so when I see them I will whip that out and have it prepared to switch to until the time arises". This does not seem to be present in this game and I guess that will be my biggest gripe.

I look forward to giving my thoughts when the game is out and done with so we can really see how it all worked out. Hopefully alot of the topics at that point will have positive vibes and we are all celebrating the success of the game.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I voted Absolutely. The reason why is because the game has already made hundreds of improvements over the first two numbered titles. I think it will be special because it's the finale of a 15+ year series.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Going into something fully expecting for it to be “special”, if not outright demanding such, tends to not end well.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
No. So far I think I'll enjoy it, and it might end up in the top 5 of my ranking of the KH games, but I doubt it'll match KH1 for me since the rest have failed to. All I want is something of equal value to Dream Drop Distance, more or less, and I'll be satisfied.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Nah, not possible.

Pretty much everything OP said. I don't really have any expectations that this game will outdo any of the better installments in the series anymore, and it's sad but I do think the series will end with more of an overburdened shuffle through obligatory plot points than the kind of exciting and explosive culmination of ideas it could have been. It doesn't really seem to have many ideas at all, other than referencing past games and leveraging its enhanced Disney influence. I see the moving parts, but I haven't gotten a sense there's a creative spark that mandates they move.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I can already I’ll like it more than KH2. It already seems to offer actual level design!

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I feel like it'll be impossible to get the same feeling with KH3. Nothing can really beat playing KH1 or 2 for the first time at a young age in the ps2 generation.

TheMostRad

I don't want to drink the hype juice too much and set myself up for disappointment.

I feel like it'll be impossible to get the same feeling with KH3. Nothing can really beat playing KH1 or 2 for the first time at a young age in the ps2 generation.

And you make a good point here - I don't know if anything will be able to top being 13 and hunkering down with KH2 for the first time, but ultimately, I don't need KH3 to top that. All I can ask for this time round is for plot resolution and a good time for present-day me, one bar mitzvah later.

Enturax

Awards
They are building KH3 up to be the greatest KH experience of all time. They're taking everything they built up in KH 2 and making it better. The controls will be solid, the techniques will be more awesome, and the story will be wrapped up perfectly, save for the post credit scene that gives us insight into KH 4 or whatever the next title may be.

EDIT: Okay, so since everyone else is going more in depth with their answers, I'm going to tell my story.

I was 11 when KH 1 first came out, I didn't have a PS2 yet because it hadn't become my birthday or Christmas yet. My brother'd gf came over and she brought her PS2 over and she had KH 1. I watched her play it a bit and I was hooked. At that point it was all I talked about, I had a PS1 and mostly played RPGs and Final Fantasy was all over that. Come my birthday, my parents took me to Gamestop and I got a used PS2, one memory card, and a copy of FF X and KH 1. It was a very magical moment for me. Fast forward 2 years, Christmas I found out by shopping at Gamestop with my mom that not only was my favorite series, Jak and Daxter, getting its third installment but there was a surprise (i didn't see any ads for it in game magazines until after it came out) sequel to KH! At this point we knew our parents bought us our gifts, so I got to leave the mall that day with my Christmas gifts, Jak 3 and KH CoM. Move forward a few months and I check every single gaming magazine I can and frequent Gamefaqs to find information on new games and there's news about an upcoming Kingdom Hearts game. I remember printing out the picture of the first look we got of Sora's new outfit and I was driving all my friends crazy talking about KH 2. The day it came out the release date was still up in the air because it kept getting pushed back but I remember I was hanging out at a friend's house and I got a text from another friend that it was out already and that gamestop was giving copies out early (I think it was coming out that or next friday) and I had my parents call ahead to verify they had it. As soon as they said yes to me my friend and i went straight to gamestop to pick up my copy and back and played it all night long. Unfortunately, like many others, I didn't like Roxas at first and decided I would skip 358/2 days (and thought it was a "side story") and didn't learn more about a new KH until BBS was announced at E3. That was when I was in college and met my wife and we bought her a PSP and BBS as a post Christmas gift. I skipped RE:Coded at that point because it was a cell phone game and everyone questioned if it was canon or not until I bought a 3DS specifically for Dream Drop Distance, I worked as a packer at amazon and picked it up on my way to work that day. A few months later, my first child was born. When I first saw that Re:Coded was Re:capped in DDD I bought it and regretted skipping a gem of a game. At that point I became crazy about theorizing where the story would go, making a formula for worlds based on what we already knew and watched every square enix event and announcement until that fateful day in 2013. It's long winded, I know but each and every Kingdom Hearts game has a significant place in my point during those times in my life and we got new info when my son, Axel Lea (yes that's his name) was born and we got new info again this year when my second daughter was born so every Kingdom Hearts release from 3 to 50 in the farthest future I reach will always feel special to me.

Regarding the Roxas beginning in KH2, I am extremely happy that this game was my 1st KH game and 1st serious title with a long journey and complex story. Roxas' story was relatable to me because I, just like himself, was confused and intrigued by all those weird, creepy and mysterious Twillight Town incidents. And that calm, melancholic tone of the world was just great.
I can see how some people didn't like it due to not playing as Sora and having to struggle through repetitive gameplay mechanics, though.

Nah, not possible.

Pretty much everything OP said. I don't really have any expectations that this game will outdo any of the better installments in the series anymore, and it's sad but I do think the series will end with more of an overburdened shuffle through obligatory plot points than the kind of exciting and explosive culmination of ideas it could have been. It doesn't really seem to have many ideas at all, other than referencing past games and leveraging its enhanced Disney influence. I see the moving parts, but I haven't gotten a sense there's a creative spark that mandates they move.

Yup... And Nomura's statement that he is way more hyped about what happens AFTER KH3 kinda points at that too.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yup... And Nomura's statement that he is way more hyped about what happens AFTER KH3 kinda points at that too.

LOL, who knew even Nomura himself feels the same way about finally moving on from all the exhausting, convoluted plot points of the Xehanort saga.

I am excited for KH3. I don't expect it to be "special" in any way, but I think it'll leapfrog KH2 and BbS easily.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Regarding the Roxas beginning in KH2, I am extremely happy that this game was my 1st KH game and 1st serious title with a long journey and complex story. Roxas' story was relatable to me because I, just like himself, was confused and intrigued by all those weird, creepy and mysterious Twillight Town incidents. And that calm, melancholic tone of the world was just great.
I can see how some people didn't like it due to not playing as Sora and having to struggle through repetitive gameplay mechanics, though.

Yeah, I think back to it and I don't really understand why people seemed to hate it so much. Now, Roxas is my favorite character and I long to play as him again! 358/2 didn't really scratch that itch, because it was bogged down by the annoying mechanics. Although, at the end dual wielding was awesome as always.

LOL, who knew even Nomura himself feels the same way about finally moving on from all the exhausting, convoluted plot points of the Xehanort saga.

I am excited for KH3. I don't expect it to be "special" in any way, but I think it'll leapfrog KH2 and BbS easily.

Lol there are bits that were too much in this saga but who knows how convoluted the next saga will be.

kaseykockroach

Awards
KH3 very likely won't have an opening three hours about losing the word "photo", so I think I'll be fine.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
KH3 very likely won't have an opening three hours about losing the word "photo", so I think I'll be fine.

It'll have a three hour opening about Xehanort losing his heart. And if that's all you took from KH2 opening then I feel sorry for you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back