• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

If it's Mark Hamill then I'm willing to let it grow on me.

Wait, what if that wasn’t actually Xehanort talking? We never see his lips move. We might have Eraqusnort!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

He's liking tweets about being asked if he's voicing Master Xehanort and it does actually sound like him.

Wow you’re right.

Anyway Davy Jones kinda sounds like Robin Atkin Downes which is funny as Davy Jones’ Japanese voice also voices Xigbar.

ghostwarmen

Awards

He's liking tweets about being asked if he's voicing Master Xehanort and it does actually sound like him.
No kidding? If it’s Mark Hamill I’m going to make it grow on me. That man is a treasure!

sephydark

Awards

I mentioned this before, but I think this sounds more like someone giving a different take on Xehanort rather than being necessarily bad. And if it is Mark Hamill like people are speculating, well, Hamill's pretty good so I suspect a lot of people are going to change their minds as they hear him more.

Awards

Well if it’s true, then I demand he do it in his Joker voice.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Anyway Davy Jones kinda sounds like Robin Atkin Downes which is funny as Davy Jones’ Japanese voice also voices Xigbar.
It's also funny that Robin Atkin Downes also voiced Luxord so looks like get Two Different Org Members (English and Japanese) voicing Davy Jones in both the Japanese and English versions of KH3 respectively.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

I don't think I'd care as much about MX's voice sounding different if it didn't sound exactly like Eraqus.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

so we can confrim lara jill millar is back as Chirithy

Seadrin

Awards

If Xehanort is Mark Hamill, AWESOME.

redcrown

Awards

This might sound silly but it's anyone else worried that David Gallagher might not be returning to voice Riku? We've heard almost all of the main characters' voices in English trailers except for Riku. Heck we've already heard Kairi and Hayner before him.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Mark Hamill would be a believable choice in my opinion.
Also, as I said elsewhere, I don't dislike it. I was since long prepared to not hear Nimoy coming out from Xehanort's lips, so I braced myself and impact was much less awkward than expected.

Seadrin

Awards

There is a fluidity to the choice for Mark Hamill to voice Xehanort for me that I can forget about any difference in voice acting from Leonard Nemoy. The fact that they debuted in the same game and are both legends in their own right makes Mark Hamill an awesome choice to fill Nemoy's shoes, in my humble opinion.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

From my limited experience, it's also not unheard of to have a popular VA already involved in the project to fill up for another VA, especially when the circumstances demand for it.
I'm pretty sure I've heard of something like this already.

Also: I'm re-hearing it a bunch, and... I guess I do see why some find it jarring. It's definitely more distant from Nimoy's than I originally thought.
Again, I want to hear more, and with the proper soundtrack.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

tbh i think everything would sound better if we had a different bgm and sound effects

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Of course, of course. Wasn't meant to be a critique of any sort.
As much as Don't Think Twice is growing on me, is making a lot of scenes and statements kinda samey.

Sdog

Awards

tbh i think everything would sound better if we had a different bgm and sound effects

At this point it'd almost be weird playing though KH3 without Don't Think Twice on a constant loop with no SFX.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, this issue has been happening for the past few KH games I believe. Anytime they played the vocal theme they cut out the BGM and effects and makes the acting sound different than it does in game.

Seadrin

Awards

Mark Hamill did like a twitter post asking if he indeed is Master Xehanort this time around. I'll leave this here, and of course this isn't confirmation, but it could mean something.

https://imgur.com/L6VeAwY

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Back