• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else worried about the game? Especially due to how information is being handled now.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robotman

Sorry but this is really piss-poor to me. The came is coming out in 2 months time and there's hardly any hype and hardly any information? What are they doing? Saving it all for Christmas?

I don't want to sound like I'm moaning but I'm moaning, I've been so excited for this game and I've been looking forward to it for years and I'm just bored... There's no new information, there's no hype, there's nothing. For the past month we have posters on here trying to hype up events and we're getting nothing. I can't be the only one that's frustrated, can I?

It's just making me think that the game is a mess and it's not ready.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Literally just do something else for two months lol

Red Dead Redemption 2 will probably win the most GOTY awards, and it only had about 2 trailers and some short previews. KH3 doesn't need constant new info to do well.

We're in the Holidays, baby. Go get yourself a holiday Starbucks drink, vote if you can, and stop getting mad about video games. You've waited thousands of days for KH3 so chill for the next 60 or so.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think they’re trying to get the game gold before they go headstrong into the marketing. There’s probably an internal date when production has to be completed by to meet the release date, so they want to be sure to hit that. If they market too much and end up having to delay the game for some reason, it will hurt them and us a lot more. But the game should go gold this month and once that happens, we should start seeing more active marketing.

I somewhat agree with your sentiment though. I think the marketing for this game has been weak so far. That said, they just gave us screens, artwork, a gameplay clip, and a trailer over the last couple weeks. So things may be changing.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We literally just got a new trailer a few days ago. You can't expect them to just drop new info at every opportunity. It takes time and resources they may not have to spare. There's only so many times they can keep pulling Nomura away for interviews or preparing assets and getting it approved for media coverage.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I don't think it's that there's a lack of information surrounding the game so much as what we have gotten is so haphazard and there doesn't seem to be a consistent theme or idea with the way game is being marketed. Two trailers here, three trailers there, short trailers, long trailers, theme song trailers, some at events, some just whenever, renders and screenshots being released months and months after the worlds are already known, etc. That doesn't even touch on the content within the trailers and how difficult it's become to track the progression of events in the game. The way everything is presented, it feels like every time we learn something new, we just have more questions, like the game somehow makes less sense the more we learn about it.

I don't know, maybe that really tickles some peoples' fancy, but I can't be bothered with it. Advertising a product just does not need to be that ~complicated~. But in true KH fashion, everything has gotten convoluted for the sake of doing things the SE way. If they wanted to hold the marketing campaign for this game to a couple of trailers and some magazine scans they could have done that. They elected not to, and conditioned fans to prepare for some kind of build in momentum.

That's not to say it can't still happen, but I really don't understand what would be so wrong with having some kind of discernible schedule.

edit:
We literally just got a new trailer a few days ago.
For a world that was revealed years ago. This is the kind of thing that just makes people scratch their head. Like, it's great to see Tangled! Finally. How many Disney worlds does this game have again?

You can't expect them to just drop new info at every opportunity. It takes time and resources they may not have to spare.
I would imagine if they had a real plan in place this wouldn't be so much of an issue. Allocate those resources more intentionally if they're really so limited. Right now it really does seem like they just plucked whatever they had ready to go at every opportunity instead of pacing out the spread of information so it all makes sense, not to mention the apparent need to do a trailer for e v e r y t h i n g has not really worked in their favor. It's like some sort of unwieldy hype collage.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I don't think the game is going to be a mess because the marketing is a mess. But I do agree with you that the marketing kind of sucks and doesn't make sense.

The months leading up to KHII, I recall one Famitsu article per world, along with an official website update with renders to follow -- which really kept the hype momentum going for me. I think they're trying to do something like that now, but the information is all so scatter-shot, and they follow up on things that were revealed years ago. It just feels messy.

But maybe I'm mostly just upset that we have no idea what the last few Disney worlds are (or really if they even exist) and that makes me anxious.

Last edited:
Awards
I honestly think SE is actually confused over what to do ever since phrases like "They're showing too much" popped up.

After TGS, it feels like they don't really know what to show after taking the possibility of showing too much into consideration.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
But maybe I'm mostly just upset that we have no idea what the last few Disney worlds are (or really if they even exist) and that makes me anxious.
Yeah, this is another problem in that SE (or is it Disney) are obsessed with their pointless little secrets like this. It's like everything they tell us about the game is muddled on purpose when there's no advantage to that. "Less or more than this or that game," "something like ten," "still a few," "maybe you can count them on two hands" good gosh.

I honestly think SE is actually confused over what to do ever since phrases like "They're showing too much" popped up.

After TGS, it feels like they don't really know what to show after taking the possibility of showing too much into consideration.
I don't really think that SE cares about that tbh and fully anticipate a spoilerific launch trailer, moreso I think up until now it has just been a question of what is and is not finished and presentable to the public (which, again, that's what a schedule is for) and now they're playing catch up with stuff that was either announced too early and not presentable until recently, or which they just neglected for whatever reason, which in either case only serves to make people wonder about the things that haven't been shown. Because that's what people are going to be interested in at this stage, aka news.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Wait until January when every YouTube video starts giving you a Kingdom Hearts 3 ad. They'll push it hard right before the game comes out.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The marketing is doing fine but when you compare it to other series and companies I can see why it may be a problem for some. I wouldn't dwell on it much, they've Nov, Dec and Jan to pump out commercials and other goodies.

Sdog

Awards
Wait until January when every YouTube video starts giving you a Kingdom Hearts 3 ad. They'll push it hard right before the game comes out.

For real. When that time comes I'll be hitting "not interested" on every KH vid just to try and avoid spoilers come release.

We're at a point where I'm sure we'll be getting some sort of news practically every week, aside from a couple in December due to being deep in holidays, leading up to release. The only thing that has people anxious for more is knowing what worlds remain.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm actually not as anxious for the new worlds as I was at the end of E3 four months ago. With Jump Festa just a little more than a month away we will be finding out the last of the Disney worlds sooner than later. Better yet if they reveal a world this weekend at X018.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Once Disney has Ralph Breaks the Internet and Mary Poppins out of the way, I’m betting they’ll be promoting the hell out of this game. Right now, it’s in Square Enix’s hands. But once production is complete, I think Disney will have more flexibility to showcase the game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
For a world that was revealed years ago. This is the kind of thing that just makes people scratch their head. Like, it's great to see Tangled! Finally. How many Disney worlds does this game have again?

Of course we'd all prefer seeing something we haven't known about for years, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Sdog

Awards
Once Disney has Ralph Breaks the Internet and Mary Poppins out of the way, I’m betting they’ll be promoting the hell out of this game. Right now, it’s in Square Enix’s hands. But once production is complete, I think Disney will have more flexibility to showcase the game.

I'm imagining a world where Disney has a ad for KH3 and Avengers 4 back to back before Ralph. A man can dream...

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Of course we'd all prefer seeing something we haven't known about for years, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

For me, this trailer was nice because we got to see how far everything has come. It was still new content even though it wasn’t anything surprising and it didn’t “show too much” as people like to complain about. Lol

I'm imagining a world where Disney has a ad for KH3 and Avengers 4 back to back before Ralph. A man can dream...

I’m dreaming right there with you!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Marketing is sparse because people are aware that the demand for this game is high, so the "lack of news" can be equated to cost savings as well as not revealing too much. Kingdom Hearts III already has everyones attention.

Also Disney's most anticipated properties are sparse with their marketing (Star Wars Episode VII, Star Wars Episode VIII, Avengers Infinity War, Avengers 4). That intentional because all these properties are an easy sell to the general audience.

mytomxxx

If they had told us the amount of Disney worlds it would be better for me than seeing infinite trailers. To be honest, the lest trailer felt like, nothing new substantially.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Saving money totally works as an explanation but that doesn't stop the wait from being dismally boring with nothing new to make fan theories about or speculate on. That's half the fun for me. Oh well. Not too much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back