• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should final fantasy next game should be a Sci fi/fantasy game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Hello I want to take about the rarest/hardest genre to do in any media. A Sci fantasy title. Looking at game of thrones, elders scrolls, and most past final fantasy were fantasy based games. Looking at sci-fi game like fallout 4, wolfenstein, Cyberpunk, and gears of war are an example. With 2 sci-fi fantasy games (ff7&ff13) that have it as a subgenre(ff7 main is steam punk like &ff13 is futuristic fantasy). Now I final fantasy should this genre. It's rare and hard to do. Main line or next big spinoff, I think this rare genre should be a final fantasy game as a main genre. I don't know how they will do it, but it's worth a shot. Tell me how you feel about a sci-fi/game. :)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This is gonna depend on the Director, really. But with how "successful" FINAL FANTASY XV has been, and that's a "Fantasy based on reality" kind of title, perhaps Square will try to emulate that kind of style once more.

But seeing as how the FFVII remake might be a decade long project, Square might have to make a FF title that contrasts FF7's steam punk. And since FF7 is "sorta SciFi", they might go for something medieval.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I want FF16 to be something a bit different compared to past titles. I would like to see a game with an American western setting.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That's interesting. A cowboy fantasy. That would be very interesting.

Like Red Dead Redemption? Hmm. Interesting. Cowboys are certainly a theme that could be explored more in gaming. Or perhaps a post-apocalyptic FF game? As in, that it starts in post-apocalism, not previous titles that have arrived to that point as the story unravels.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
That's interesting. A cowboy fantasy. That would be very interesting.

Yeah. And they could incorporate elements of Steampunk into the Cowboy theme. I also like Caius' idea of FF16 being a post apocalypse. Most of all I just want something different and out of the box :)

TheMostRad

I mean, we've already gotten some sci-fi elements blended into the series. Hell, Final Fantasy VI was pretty much a sci-fi/fantasy mashup that leaned more heavily towards fantasy; 6 starts you off talking about how the Age of Magic has come and gone, the last vestigial remnants of magic being harnessed by the Gehstalian Empire to fuel their Magitek Armor/big beefy magic mech suits and overall war machine.

Though yes. We could definitely use more magic in space.

(Side thought - "Magic in Space" has got to be the name of an unreleased Bowie EP hidden away somewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back