• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Live Action Lilo and Stitch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Pokie

I'm so tired of this all. It's just banking on people's nostalgia.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BCEswBA&usg=AOvVaw1k8luaOUlwiqcWgTGU-YbO&cf=1

And the live action adaption trend continues. The people involved in the live action Aladdin film coming next year are behind this.
They don't even know if live action Aladdin will be a success, and they're already investing in another project? Dear God...
Hopefully it dies out like the zombie trend.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
True, but at the same time these remakes are making a lot of money for Disney. Can't really fault them too much.

I'm kind of dreading seeing the aliens in CGI, lol

D

Deleted member 246005

Meh.

I rather they do more projects like Malificient as it tried to be a different take.

ImVentus

Awards
Are they producing this for the streaming service or is it on a higher budget?

Lilo & Stitch has only been around for 16 years, I'm sure todays kids would love to see the cartoon. Plus doesn't their lineup of live action remakes already stand too ambitious. Once their remakes of Lion King, Aladdin & Mulan are out, will there really be that strong of an appeal?

If there's a live action remake I think deserves to be made, it's The Chronicles of Prydain (aka The Black Cauldron) I recently re-watched the film and it needs some serious update to be done justice. The cartoon is a mess and it feels like it wasn't even following a finished script, but rushed.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Are they producing this for the streaming service or is it on a higher budget?

Lilo & Stitch has only been around for 16 years, I'm sure todays kids would love to see the cartoon. Plus doesn't their lineup of live action remakes already stand too ambitious. Once their remakes of Lion King, Aladdin & Mulan are out, will there really be that strong of an appeal?

If there's a live action remake I think deserves to be made, it's The Chronicles of Prydain (aka The Black Cauldron) I recently re-watched the film and it needs some serious update to be done justice. The cartoon is a mess and it feels like it wasn't even following a finished script, but rushed.

Disney’s actually already working on a new adaption of Chronicles of Prydain.

ImVentus

Awards
Disney’s actually already working on a new adaption of Chronicles of Prydain.

I'm aware of the announcement, but it's been more than 2 years since they made that statement. With so many projects in the making I hope they won't the delay or in worst case shelve the reboot for CoP. The potential is insanely strong.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm aware of the announcement, but it's been more than 2 years since they made that statement. With so many projects in the making I hope they won't the delay or in worst case shelve the reboot for CoP. The potential is insanely strong.

Yeah I figure it’ll probably be something that comes into fruition in the 2020’s, which is probably for the best so that it can get the attention it deserves rather than being overshadowed by the other live action films coming out in these next couple years. They also might develop it as a series for their streaming service as an answer to Amazon’s Lord of the Rings and Netflix’s Chronicles of Narnia.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this, but production should resume in the fall in both Australia and Hawaii. And Pleakley will be played by a male actor until halfway through the film, where they physically transform from a male alien to a female alien, and will then be played by a female actor.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Wow I totally forgot about this film. And I was the one who started the thread, lol

Hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this, but production should resume in the fall in both Australia and Hawaii. And Pleakley will be played by a male actor until halfway through the film, where they transform from a male alien to a female alien, and will then be played by a female actor.
That's great. Pleakley could be considered a transsexual person based on his disguises from the animated series so it's nice they are keeping that for the film

LittleNightmare

Awards
Lilo and Stitch is one of my favorite cartoons, I still watch it and I am nostalgic for my childhood.

Back