• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I think I've figured out Chi pt.2 - Timeline of Events

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The right column represents the Realm of Light, while everything in the pink box on the left represents the Realm of Sleep. Therefore, the timeline of events only taking place within the Realm of Light are as follows; Daybreak Town exists, MoM studies the X-Blade, MoM creates the first keyblade and then more follow, unknown events, the Keyblade War, time passes, the Dandelion Union Leaders meet, unknown (the future which leads to the present).

As previously discussed, the Book of Prophesies doubles as a Book of History, but what is the real history of Chi? How did it all happen? The timeline is a bit confusing, but I believe that I've put it together.

Let's start before Chi, when Daybreak Town was (presumably) the only world inside the Realm of Light. The Master of Masters somehow obtains access to the X-Blade and proceeds to reverse engineer the thing to create the very first man-made replica of the X-Blade, a keyblade that came to be known as No Name. Afterwards, he finds five disciples, forges keyblades within their hearts, and then pulls those keyblades from their hearts. After that is where there is actually a gap in the timeline - we don't know what happened next. This is the true timeline, and in the true timeline dream eaters don't exist, unions may not have existed, and medals certainly didn't exist because the Book of Prophesies didn't exist. The only thing that we do know with certainty is that at some point there were enough keyblade wielders around for the Keyblade War to occur. The Keyblade War plunged the world into darkness (with no survivors) and then the world started dreaming.

"Dream Timeline A", this is what I shall name the very first dream that Daybreak Town has. It should be noted that there is nothing to stop the world from simply dreaming an exact copy of the events that already happened, not unless a foreign element starts to interact with the dream. And somehow, the dream version of the Master of Masters became self aware, he became that very foreign element to the dream - yet he was also very much trapped within it. Dream Timeline A starts with MoM studying the X-Blade and ends with the Keyblade War, once the Keyblade War draws to a close, the dream resets. Eventually the Master of Masters creates Dream Timeline B by doing things differently here and there.

Dream Timeline B ends with the Master of Masters learning a few things about the truth of the world that he's in. Dream Timeline C (we'll call it that for simplicity's sake, but more timelines could have occurred) sees the addition of a sixth apprentice - Luxu, Luxu's mission, and thus the birth of the Book of Prophesies. Dream Timeline D is when Chirithy is first born, it is also where Dark Chirithy comes from. Dream Timeline D also sees the Foretellers donning their animal outfits and forming/leading unions as we're familiar with, they are given copies of the Book of Prophesies and yada yada. After all of these dreams (at minimum) take place, we finally arrive at the final dream - Dream Timeline E.

Dream Timeline E is the Dream Timeline that we are familiar with. In it, our player is given a Power Bangle by the Dark Chirithy (our former Chirithy), and the Dandelion Plan is set into action. Those familiar with Chi's story should know what happens in this timeline, but it is very interesting to note a few things about this timeline. The Dandelion Union Leaders somehow manage to extend the dream, it goes off rails and they introduce more dream eaters into the Realm of Sleep. The Dandelions themselves are also very interesting, by allowing their hearts to be their guiding keys, they became self aware and real - instead of being mere figments of a dream, they became real people with real hearts and managed to leave the dream behind.

It is the Dandelions of Dream Timeline E that enter the True Timeline within the Realm of Light. An unknown amount of time has passed since the world first fell to darkness, but the passage of lost time only matters if the Dandelions aren't the first to step foot into the Realm of Light. Regardless, the Dandelion Union Leaders continue to lead the Unions within Dream Timeline E by entering/leaving the Realm of Sleep seemingly at will. Going beyond where we currently are in the story, they also use their copy of the Book of Prophesies to "restore" the worlds into what they are in the rest of the series.

---

Okay, so that's the end of the timeline. What implications does this have for the story? It raises the importance of DDD where Sora and Riku learned to dive into sleeping worlds and wake them. It also fleshes out the characters of the Master of Masters and Dark Chirithy. With the Master of Masters in particular, his carefree attitude is understandable, his motto of "Let your heart be your guiding key" holds extra significance too. Luxu speak to Ava and says "Rather than the future of this world, I wonder if the Master was more interested in how our hearts would be our guiding key?". It also explains the entire conversation within the Case of Ira. The Master of Masters wasn't interested in saving that world, there was no point in saving a dream, but instead he set his sights beyond the dream.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So what you're saying is: the history of KHx happened, but the world was plunged into darkness and make to sleep. The Master of Masters, at some point in time, realized this and set his sights into finding a way out of this vicious cycle of sleep.

So it's basically KHx > KHx Dream > KHUx

JustSnilloc

So what you're saying is: the history of KHx happened, but the world was plunged into darkness and make to sleep. The Master of Masters, at some point in time, realized this and set his sights into finding a way out of this vicious cycle of sleep.

So it's basically KHx > KHx Dream > KHUx

Actually, we don't know much about the original history of Daybreak Town. Both the browser Chi and the current Union Cross take place within the same Dream Timeline E (or maybe Union Cross is Dream Timeline F it's hard to say).

See, within the original history we have Daybreak Town as being (potentially) the only world within the Realm of Light. We know that it must have fallen into the Realm of Sleep because the Daybreak Town that we are familiar with is a sleeping world. I distinguish the True Timeline from the Dream Timelines because dreams are fleeting things, but the real history will have always occurred the same way, and it will always impact the future.

So we move onto the dreaming world of Daybreak Town. Something that DDD showed us about sleeping worlds is that they dream, they dream about the people and events that once existed within their bounds. DDD also showed us that a foreign element (Sora or Riku) could change the course of a dream somewhat. So what do you suppose happens when a sleeping world finishes a dream? Well, if it is still sleeping, it begins to dream again. There is nothing to suggest that the world will start dreaming a different dream, not unless it starts dreaming about different parts of its past, but as dreams often do, they just jump around to the "important" parts.

The existence of the Dark Chirithy is the biggest (but not the only) piece of evidence for all of this. The Dark Chirithy is our player's Chirithy from a former dream. To survive a dream resetting, one would need to "grow beyond their programming" so to speak, and obtaining a heart or forming a bond with a one would likely do the trick. Dark Chirithy reveals that they are in a dream, that the dream they are in isn't the first, and that Dark Chirithy expects there to be yet another dream. So I've dubbed the dream timelines that diverge from each other as being separate timelines. Dream Timeline A could have happened 100 times before Dream Timeline B occurred, but Dream Timeline A is always the same dream while Dream Timeline B has something different happening.

... Going back to your thoughts though, The Master of Masters did indeed seek to escape from that viscous cycle, but he started out as a mere figment of the world's dream. The real/original Master of Masters was lost along with the rest of the world. The dream version must have managed to develop a heart of his own and was able to influence the direction of the dream more and more as his plans moved forward.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wow... This is all a tad difficult to process, haha... But a suggestion: what if the original world, which was one, went to sleep, and the worlds "separated" because they each woke up separatedly?

JustSnilloc

Wow... This is all a tad difficult to process, haha... But a suggestion: what if the original world, which was one, went to sleep, and the worlds "separated" because they each woke up separately?

I think that's what ended up happening. Kairi's grandmother tells us that the children (the Dandelions) rebuilt the world using the light (Lux/Book of Prophesies). I believe that they lacked the power to wake the world in full, and instead woke it in parts.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think that's what ended up happening. Kairi's grandmother tells us that the children (the Dandelions) rebuilt the world using the light (Lux/Book of Prophesies). I believe that they lacked the power to wake the world in full, and instead woke it in parts.

Makes sense. But where do Ventus and Lauriam fall into this equation?

JustSnilloc

Well, they’re shown alongside the Dandelion Union Leaders who have become unchained, so they’ve already made it into the Realm of Light. It would also seem that all of the Dandelions grew hearts of their own, or at minimum their leaders (and our player) did, so there’s that too. The problem here isn’t a new one created by this proposed timeline, it’s the same problem we’ve had all along - they should be skeletons at the present point in the timeline.

See, the only possible solution that the timeline might offer is that the Dandelion Union Leaders didn’t come to the Realm of Light until Xehanort was an old man. However, there are immediate and obvious problems with that idea.

On that subject though, Young Xehanort in speaking with Eraqus mentions “The Lost Masters”. There’s this implication that something happened to (at least some of) the Dandelion Union Leaders. Maybe there was a dispute (prompted by a traitor?), maybe Lauriam and Ventus ended up (banished?) in the Realm of Darkness? It’s certainly not an original idea, but it might explain how (and also why) Xehanort found Ventus. As for Marluxia, perhaps he lost his heart to darkness and split into a heartless and nobody? It’s hard to say anything concrete, but we have a few things to grasp at and pull together.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well, they’re shown alongside the Dandelion Union Leaders who have become unchained, so they’ve already made it into the Realm of Light. It would also seem that all of the Dandelions grew hearts of their own, or at minimum their leaders (and our player) did, so there’s that too. The problem here isn’t a new one created by this proposed timeline, it’s the same problem we’ve had all along - they should be skeletons at the present point in the timeline.

See, the only possible solution that the timeline might offer is that the Dandelion Union Leaders didn’t come to the Realm of Light until Xehanort was an old man. However, there are immediate and obvious problems with that idea.

On that subject though, Young Xehanort in speaking with Eraqus mentions “The Lost Masters”. There’s this implication that something happened to (at least some of) the Dandelion Union Leaders. Maybe there was a dispute (prompted by a traitor?), maybe Lauriam and Ventus ended up (banished?) in the Realm of Darkness? It’s certainly not an original idea, but it might explain how (and also why) Xehanort found Ventus. As for Marluxia, perhaps he lost his heart to darkness and split into a heartless and nobody? It’s hard to say anything concrete, but we have a few things to grasp at and pull together.

There are still Dream Eaters in KHUx, so it means that it takes place rather in the Realm of Sleep than in the Realm of Light, which could service the theory of the KHUx cast being in a sort of "time capsule" where only Ventus and Lauriam are the suspected survivors, or the ones that managed to exit the Realm of Sleep. Perhaps the "Lost Masters" aren't entirely lost, but rather are still in the dreaming version of the world.

JustSnilloc

There are still Dream Eaters in KHUx, so it means that it takes place in the Realm of Sleep rather than in the Realm of Light, which could service the theory of the KHUx cast being in a sort of "time capsule" where only Ventus and Lauriam are the suspected survivors, or the ones that managed to exit the Realm of Sleep. Perhaps the "Lost Masters" aren't entirely lost, but rather are still in the dreaming version of the world.

As for the first bolded part, go back and check out the illustration for the timeline. The Dandelion Union Leaders have seemingly learned to enter and escape the Realm of Sleep at will. I'm convinced that they (DUL) are outside of the Realm of Sleep at the Keyblade Graveyard because Ephemera has supposedly already moved onto the next world at this point - I'll go back and double check for the exact wording and timing and such. Beyond that though, we also have Skuld just showing up during the Keyblade War like an angel, Ephemera too, like they came from somewhere else.

As for the second bolded part, that may also be a possibility.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
As for the first bolded part, go back and check out the illustration for the timeline. The Dandelion Union Leaders have seemingly learned to enter and escape the Realm of Sleep at will. I'm convinced that they (DUL) are outside of the Realm of Sleep at the Keyblade Graveyard because Ephemera has supposedly already moved onto the next world at this point - I'll go back and double check for the exact wording and timing and such. Beyond that though, we also have Skuld just showing up during the Keyblade War like an angel, Ephemera too, like they came from somewhere else.

As for the second bolded part, that may also be a possibility.

So they have no idea that they're constantly entering and exiting the Realms?

JustSnilloc

So they have no idea that they're constantly entering and exiting the Realms?

Not quite, let take a step back and explain it from there.

To start, let's follow Ephemer for a little while...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Basically, Ephemer left the Realm of Sleep pretty early on and had worked on getting messages to his friends in another realm. Theoretically he further developed that skill to the point where he could actually physically enter the Realm of Sleep. Whether the others know how to do likewise or not is entirely unknown as them entering the Realm of Sleep is accompanied by Ephemer doing likewise. They seem to have a clear grasp of the difference in realms too.

Last edited:

Mysteriona

JustSnilloc great thread thanx for this as well as taking the time to mark specific times in the videos to reference.

Sigh I'm gonna have to watch the entire story so for of union cross all over again lol. I see now what ephemera was doing but never quite picked up on it till now. I knew there was seperate worlds or at the very least some were having their memory messed with. But now I see ephemera literally coming and going with sound effects.

Gonna buckle down n look over everything with a different eye just to fully try to at least fully understand everything as much as reasonable possible with what's been revealed so far.

Awesome job man!

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I really loved to read this, it would actually clear up a lot of the mess Chi brought with it. Believing in this explanation would be my first KH headcanon, and I really want to believe xD I'm just worried about how it could still work around the info from the last reveal in this thread, or more specifically how the concept of "data" would fit in

JustSnilloc

JustSnilloc great thread thanx for this as well as taking the time to mark specific times in the videos to reference.

Awesome job man!

Thanks!

I really loved to read this, it would actually clear up a lot of the mess Chi brought with it. Believing in this explanation would be my first KH headcanon, and I really want to believe xD I'm just worried about how it could still work around the info from the last reveal in this thread, or more specifically how the concept of "data" would fit in

I was considering that. I haven’t gone over everything in my head yet, but I think the following makes sense.

Daybreak Town is still within the Realm of Sleep and it is a part of Dream Timeline E. However, the worlds that are visited in Dream Timeline E are constructed from data rather than being projections from the Book of Prophesies. This necessary change came as a result of the Dandelion Union Leaders only having a single copy of the Book. However, it should be noted that these data worlds were very much created in the likeness of their representation within the Book (just like the grand projections that preceded them). It’s interesting that the Dandelion Union Leaders chose to introduce new worlds though, perhaps this was in practice for rebuilding the worlds? Or perhaps it was for the sake of creating new memories to distract from the erased memories of before? Regardless, the theory stays almost entirely intact - just a little tweak to a specific detail. The Disney worlds being data doesn’t seem to hold any real significance that I can see at the moment, but I’m sure it will be revealed to have a greater purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back