• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Become a Superhero With Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Since one white chess piece is completely out of view (and possibly still on the board), is it too much to hope for Roxas?
confirmation

confirmation

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-11%20at%2010.11.43%20PM_zps5mqvmauo.png

Also, if my eyes saw correctly, that was a super quick transition from blade to ^YO-YO's to hammer.

Yeah it seems Nano Arms will involve the MicroBots taking the shape of the other Keyblade transformations. Another reason this is probably the last Disney world we will visit.

shady543

Awards
To support the theory that the nort we saw in the trailer is actually not Xion, if you look at the image of when they appear during when the image is still on Xigbar, you can actually see more hair behind the spikes at the back of the head, and the hair appears to be sticking outwards rather than down like Xion.

Just thought it was worthy to point out. In all honestly I'm having second thoughts of it being Xion now and leaning more on other possibilities like Repliku, Data Sora, Sora or Vanitas after looking at it more. I'm going to laugh if it's not Xion lol, since a lot of people seem 100% sure it's her.

Last edited:

shady543

Awards
I'm hoping Demyx is on the good side. But yeah hope he appears. But at this stage I'm just glad that Roxas is away from speculation of being a nort for now and Vanitas seems to be playing a big role. They're my favourite characters at this stage so seeing my favourites go down a road that I hoped for is really a blessing.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
To support the theory that the nort we saw in the trailer is actually not Xion, if you look at the image of when they appear during when the image is still on Xigbar, you can actually see more hair behind the spikes at the back of the head, and the hair appears to be sticking outwards rather than down like Xion.

Just thought it was worthy to point out. In all honestly I'm having second thoughts of it being Xion now and leaning more on other possibilities like Repliku, Data Sora, Sora or Vanitas after looking at it more. I'm going to laugh if it's not Xion lol, since a lot of people seem 100% sure it's her.

I did notice that, yeah. Xion's hair is uneven and this person's looks even. It is still a similar hair cut overall though so I guess I'm not sure either way at this point.

shady543

Awards
Eh if there is hair that is facing outwards then it would rule out Xion; her hair goes straight down. But at this stage it could just be the wind or something. But with the Coded stuff in Big Hero 6 and now seing this, I'm gonna place bets on it being Data Sora now lol. Especially since his younger self does have a longer strand of hair on the side of his face and I wouldn't be surprised since his younger self does seem to get a lot of attention.

Just gonna post the image here and stop being lazy. It's actually quite hard to see though, but it honestly looks like to me that the main chunk of the hair is going outwards, but then there is hair going down on the sides. But I'm honestly not 100% sure on anything now tbh.
kh3.png

Last edited:

Leaferian

Awards
pnJtpn1dj

The hair may appear to go "outwards" because the person's head is tilted. Based on the animation, it looks to me like this character has just pulled off their hood and revealed their face. Between the angle of the chin and the movement, I don't think the hairstyle can be relied on to necessarily confirm or deny identity at this stage.

However it IS worth noting Xion had some kind of similar face reveal at one point during Days, so I think it's more that coupled with the hair that is making people think it's for sure Xion.

shady543

Awards
That particular bit of hair gets cut off in the image where they are revealed fully on screen, so people don't see it. Yeah I was also thinking it could be wind or hair movement with the hood as well. Its really hard to tell at this stage. And if that is another reason why people think it's her then that's another good possibility. Guess we have to wait until the 18th. >.>

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think the fact that the mysterious member is shown after Xigbar is talking in Twilight Town may be a further hint for it to be Xion. But that's just me.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm not making assumptions, just using long-standing symbolism and the language of the series to draw inferences about the events depicted in 0.2, because it's a better story when the stuff that happens in it actually matters. Mickey doesn't draw the right conclusions about light and darkness until he travels with Riku in CoM, but the experiences they shared together in the Realm of Darkness paved the way to that understanding: it's one of the first thing he brings up with Riku in Castle Oblivion; "You and I have seen it. The far, welcoming light within the door to darkness." Aqua saw it, too, but through a different lens, after 10 years of believing the darkness was endless, of believing that no light could ever survive down there. She saw proof of its existence, and proof of the inextricable link between the RoD and the RoL-- that impacts her understanding of the darkness as well as her understanding of the light, which of course impacts her understanding of herself. It has to, or what's the point of showing her the KKD, of showing her the door to Kingdom Hearts? It's wasted narrative on an Aqua who can never break free of a cycle of remorse and self-hatred, just because Nomura wants to keep her trapped in the darkness even longer until Sora or someone else can come along, wave a magic wand, and make it all go away. What more satisfying resolution can come from her continued struggle with her darkness in KH3 than what was already depicted in 0.2? That's the question I continue to struggle with, and haven't found a substantive answer; just vagueness and rule-of-cool retorts.

I'm not under any illusion that my reading of her journey is likely to be canon. I just don't see the point of teaching her a lesson she has already learned. I'd rather see her develop actual relationships with other characters in the series, and capitalize on the streak of resilience that has evolved in her since her first appearance in BBS. It was a good trajectory they had going, depreciated to messy KH shenanigans. Not holding my breath for Nomura to deliver on this.

Since her reveal as a vessel we didn't see her character as it's just a trailer but nothing says her development can't work but everyone is having a knee jerk reaction and blinded to the truth

Those blinded by the truth only will continue to walk the fog of delusion

Master Ava said it best in Back Cover that any heart can fall to darkness, that's whybI brought up Cinderella or did you forget how her negative emotions about not able to go the ball because her step family ruined her dress which her negative emotions that if it wasn't for the Fairy Godmother knowing she still had hope, she would still attract Unversed. Belle wasn't feeling all happy about Beast wanted her to leave

Aqua is a vessel, and for all known she gets saved and Riku and Mickey are sure they can get her since they came back to Yen Sid's tower and not all sad about it, meaning they are going to save her. We don't know if she's in their ranks, members are still speculation.

I watch a lot of shows where characters fall a dark path of themselves and have to face their darkness and themselves. Nomura and KH isn't perfect but no different here. Accept the truth, you know it's ture

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not making assumptions, just using long-standing symbolism and the language of the series to draw inferences about the events depicted in 0.2, because it's a better story when the stuff that happens in it actually matters. Mickey doesn't draw the right conclusions about light and darkness until he travels with Riku in CoM, but the experiences they shared together in the Realm of Darkness paved the way to that understanding: it's one of the first thing he brings up with Riku in Castle Oblivion; "You and I have seen it. The far, welcoming light within the door to darkness." Aqua saw it, too, but through a different lens, after 10 years of believing the darkness was endless, of believing that no light could ever survive down there. She saw proof of its existence, and proof of the inextricable link between the RoD and the RoL-- that impacts her understanding of the darkness as well as her understanding of the light, which of course impacts her understanding of herself. It has to, or what's the point of showing her the KKD, of showing her the door to Kingdom Hearts?

This right here, is an assumption. Nothing that happens in 0.2 casts the Darkness in a good light from Aqua's perspective at all. That plot point so far has been reserved for characters like Riku and I'm sure in the future it will pass down to characters like Terra and now Aqua. Mickey has only stated maybe darkness isn't all that bad because of Riku's experience, not Aqua's. Riku is the one who used darkness to 'win' and fight for the light, this is what makes Mickey believe the darkness itself isn't the problem and even at the end of KH2 Mickey gave a wishy washy response about why darkness is bad before Riku strongly states, "It's not the darkness that's bad, but the people lurking inside" or whatever. With Mickey's opinion still being so uncertain all the way to KH2, there's no way he could impart any knowledge to Aqua about how she should think about the darkness while she's trapped in hellish darkness.

Aqua did not accept the darkness, Aqua did not accept the balance, Aqua does not want the darkness and Aqua is clearly afraid of the darkness overtaking her (maybe less so at the end 0.2 as she seems resigned to be stuck there longer). Mickey didn't say anything to her that would push her to the conclusion that light and darkness is a balance and she shouldn't be afraid of it.

Aqua believes she can be the light in the darkness despite the darkness eating away at her. She's hoping and holding out for them to come find her. She's trying to keep fighting despite her situation and give as little room to darkness as she can. Even now that she's corrupted, deep within there is probably still a light burning brightly within her that they can reach.

Aqua's character development that darkness is a part of her and everyone else and she shouldn't be afraid and darkness isn't evil and all that jazz? Hasn't happened yet. Everything that's happened to her would naturally lead her to the conclusion that darkness IS bad. I just feel like you're jumping the gun on character development that hasn't happened yet. Everything I've written here can be used to develop her character from here on out.

I too am waiting for her to accept that darkness is a natural part of the world and Eraqus was wrong about it (and so is Xehanort), but that just hasn't happened yet. These are two separate realizations (light in the darkness & darkness is not to be feared), she's only come to accept one of these.

It's wasted narrative on an Aqua who can never break free of a cycle of remorse and self-hatred, just because Nomura wants to keep her trapped in the darkness even longer until Sora or someone else can come along, wave a magic wand, and make it all go away. What more satisfying resolution can come from her continued struggle with her darkness in KH3 than what was already depicted in 0.2? That's the question I continue to struggle with, and haven't found a substantive answer; just vagueness and rule-of-cool retorts.

I'm not under any illusion that my reading of her journey is likely to be canon. I just don't see the point of teaching her a lesson she has already learned. I'd rather see her develop actual relationships with other characters in the series, and capitalize on the streak of resilience that has evolved in her since her first appearance in BBS. It was a good trajectory they had going, depreciated to messy KH shenanigans. Not holding my breath for Nomura to deliver on this.

I mean, maybe I'm reading what you're saying wrong, but it's clear that Aqua has not learned her lesson from Fairy Godmother yet (light and darkness are a balance or darkness can be used for good) but she obviously believes there is always light within darkness (which implies darkness is bad and light is good).

I don't know why you think her belief that there's always a light within the darkness would save her from the darkness eating away at her doubts and insecurities and driving her to insanity. Knowing you have a progressive disease doesn't stop the progressive disease? Maybe you can slow it down and stall it (which she did for a decade), but.... it was inevitable. Darkness infecting Aqua was inevitable. The whole norting thing? Who knows, but if she's been norted, it's only because the darkness already got to her and she was weakened.

Even with the darkness having her or Baldy having a hold on her heart, that STILL doesn't override the fact that she probably has a strong light burning within her (light within the darkness, as has been repeated multiple times) that will lead to her being saved. Part of her being saved is probably Aqua witnessing characters like Riku or Axel using darkness to to fight for the light, showing her darkness isn't an evil force out to get her (even though it technically is, it doesn't have to be that way). We all thought Aqua would save Terra and Ven, but maybe it's Terra and Ven that have to turn around and save her and prove that same point (darkness isn't something to be feared, it can be used for good, etc etc).

But I stress this whole dynamic of darkness =/= evil? Aqua has NOT learned that lesson yet, so yes. You are making an assumption that she has. All she believes is that there is always a light within the darkness, which she believes herself to be and I have no doubt she still is.

mytomxxx

So someone on reddit stated that there was a quick glimpse of a sniper nobody during the trailer. If so Xigbar might have some involvement in San Fransokyo, even if he necessarily isn't the darkness for that world.

Do they posted some picture of this sniper?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Do they posted some picture of this sniper?

There’s a link to the point in the video. It’s hard to see and I can’t 100% make out the Nobody itself, but I do see one of the red laser bolts shooting across the screen around the time Sora uses the microbot shotlock.

mytomxxx

There’s a link to the point in the video. It’s hard to see and I can’t 100% make out the Nobody itself, but I do see one of the red laser bolts shooting across the screen around the time Sora uses the microbot shotlock.

I'll see when get off work. But just based on what you said, it can be the airplane heartless too, some kinda of missile, don't know.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll see when get off work. But just based on what you said, it can be the airplane heartless too, some kinda of missile, don't know.

Just went back frame by frame and you can see the Sniper Nobody holding the crossbow. It’s in the back behind the Neoshadows at 1:05.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I don't know why you think her belief that there's always a light within the darkness would save her from the darkness eating away at her doubts and insecurities and driving her to insanity. Knowing you have a progressive disease doesn't stop the progressive disease? Maybe you can slow it down and stall it (which she did for a decade), but.... it was inevitable. Darkness infecting Aqua was inevitable. The whole norting thing? Who knows, but if she's been norted, it's only because the darkness already got to her and she was weakened.
It's not inevitable. AtW survived in the Realm of Darkness for years (RoL years, anyway) by bringing his heart into stability with the darkness, and he had none of the benefits of Aqua's powerful connection to the outside world. He had been betrayed by all of his closest friends: that thirst for revenge drove him to befriend the darkness and use it to his ends. Yes, his ends were wrong, but the darkness doesn't care one way or the other-- absent the malignancy of the human spirit, it's just a state of being, an element within the universe. And, tellingly, it never consumed him, anymore than it has consumed Riku or Master Xehanort. AtW's own folly drove him back to the Dark Margin.

Aqua's baggage is not the result of darkness "infecting" her, and the disease analogy is not accurate; though the darkness can "corrupt" a heart, that heart has to be vulnerable to its corrosion. Aqua is vulnerable throughout 0.2 because she hasn't addressed her own, internally conflicted spirit: she despairs for her friends, she sees the Castle of Dreams and fears the worlds may be falling to destruction, and she has more deeply resonant, personal issues of self-deprecation and difficulty accepting and recognizing her own strength for what it is. Throughout the game, she confronts all of these fears and either overcomes or begins to overcome them: she knows Ven is safe and Terra is fighting against the darkness, she knows the worlds are restored, and she has her own light and conviction reaffirmed through the last leg of her journey with Mickey. No, she hasn't reached a point of perfect equilibrium, but she's set on that path, which begins with acknowledging her own power: that allows her to face the darkness for what it is, something extant both within and without her, but not something to fear so long as she doesn't allow it to hold power over her. What, exactly, is left to drive her to the darkness after 0.2? The last time we see her, she is once again full of hope and relief that the worlds are still under the care of capable Keyblade wielders, and that the light is still being protected. She has no reason to give into the darkness knowing that. It's a cop out.

And, more to the point, it's a derailment of her ongoing character arc either way. She gets corrupted by the darkness so that she can play bad guy for game. Then she'll go back to being good and it will never be mentioned again, everything she does will be written off as Xehanort's influence, and what does she learn? That she really was weak all along and needed somebody else to come save her? That's cool. I'm glad she spent all that time in the Realm of Darkness so she could learn that about herself. Much better than delivering on the promise of a superior Keyblade Master who has been made stronger by the struggles she's faced in the series, who comes out of her journey through Hell fashioned into somebody even more capable and more driven than she was before. That kind of character development is reserved for the boys like Sora and Riku. Even as a Darkness Aqua will never be as strong as Master Xehanort. Wait your turn, Aqua. I love it.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Throwing my hat in the ring here. The person in the black coat is not (physically, at least) Xion. Xion's hair doesn't come down like that at all. In fact, the only person with a singular hair spike that goes down on both sides (and has spikes going out the back) is Sora. I made a quick pic to show what I mean:
e9a62Hd
e9a62Hd
e9a62Hd.jpg

Aside from the alleged spike of hair not lining up perfectly to the top half of the image, (a lot can change in a character design in 16 years) there's another little spike coming in to the lower right of the ear that is an exact match to Sora's hair. It may be a bit of a reach, what with the pictures not being a perfect match, but KH3's new assets obviously aren't going to be point-for-point remakes of old ones. So while the person may be Xion, it would seem she's manifesting in Sora's form just how she did in Days.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Throwing my hat in the ring here. The person in the black coat is not (physically, at least) Xion. Xion's hair doesn't come down like that at all. In fact, the only person with a singular hair spike that goes down on both sides (and has spikes going out the back) is Sora. I made a quick pic to show what I mean:
e9a62Hd
e9a62Hd
e9a62Hd.jpg

Aside from the alleged spike of hair not lining up perfectly to the top half of the image, (a lot can change in a character design in 16 years) there's another little spike coming in to the lower right of the ear that is an exact match to Sora's hair. It may be a bit of a reach, what with the pictures not being a perfect match, but KH3's new assets obviously aren't going to be point-for-point remakes of old ones. So while the person may be Xion, it would seem she's manifesting in Sora's form just how she did in Days.

I posted the same idea in the Data Sora thread, but this is a much better way of showing how it matches up! Lol

I definitely think this some form of Sora, whether Perfected Xion, Data Sora, or whatever.

mytomxxx

(a lot can change in a character design in 16 years) there's another little spike coming in to the lower right of the ear that is an exact match to Sora's hair. It may be a bit of a reach, what with the pictures not being a perfect match, but KH3's new assets obviously aren't going to be point-for-point remakes of old ones

Looking side-by-side, replica riku's hair changed considerable between the kh3 trailer and CoM. Aqua's hair also did change alot between the new engine and BBS. KH2 Sora's hair tho didn't change a thing, all the spikes still the way they are.
Don't know if it means anything tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back