• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

I don't think they would have done Tangled and KH in succession. Tangled is done in a different studio, probably on Disney's own lot. Square Enix have Skylark Sound Studios in their books and they always record through them. Even Dissidia Final Fantasy was recorded there, you can see the rooms behind the voice actors in that video they released in January and it matches up with the images from every time a VA leaks that they are recording :p
Actually, the film alongside Big Hero 6 was recorded at the Walt Disney Studios (Particularly Walt Disney Animation Studios) whereas the television series for Tangled and Big Hero 6 are respectively recorded at Outloud Audio.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

I didn’t ask a question though.
Sorry about that. I just wanted to provide insight regarding the films and respective TV series and where they were recorded.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Sorry about that. I just wanted to provide insight regarding the films and respective TV series and where they were recorded.
That’s okay, thank you for the information. It’s good for Mandy, as she can record for Tangled and do ADR for This Is Us at the same place. Plus it’s cool to learn where they recorded ADR for The Leftovers.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Jesse McCartney says he hasn’t gotten a call yet for KH3. I’m hoping Jesse just lying/deflecting or they haven’t recorded his lines yet. But it worries me about how much we’ll see of both Roxas and Ventus if he hasn’t recorded at all yet. I certainly hope he didn’t get replaced. That would be worse to me than the Hayden situation. https://twitter.com/singinginjersey/status/1040042514672181248?s=21

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Jesse McCartney says he hasn’t gotten a call yet for KH3. I’m hoping Jesse just lying/deflecting or they haven’t recorded his lines yet. But it worries me about how much we’ll see of both Roxas and Ventus if he hasn’t recorded at all yet. I certainly hope he didn’t get replaced. That would be worse to me than the Hayden situation. https://twitter.com/singinginjersey/status/1040042514672181248?s=21
If there is a single person in the entire cast that needs to be kept under the watchful eye of Disney, and be threatened with a lawsuit or something, it is Jesse McCartney. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn’t have even answered the question.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Hopefully he is going to be part of the second round of voice acting along with the VAs for Tangled and BH6. Though since Roxas is top secret and Ventus may be ruled out on being a Guardian chances are we won't see both of them much.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

If there is a single person in the entire cast that needs to be kept under the watchful eye of Disney, and be threatened with a lawsuit or something, it is Jesse McCartney. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn’t have even answered the question.
yeah im with chaser espically he is a blabber mouth lol we might not until the game is out

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Didn't Shanelle Gray confirm her return as Larxene way before she was revealed to return? I haven't seen any reprocussion on her end for that. I think Jesse's fine to be honest. He's voiced Roxas/Ventus since the characters inception, I see no reason why he's to be replaced.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Didn't Shanelle Gray confirm her return as Larxene way before she was revealed to return? I haven't seen any reprocussion on her end for that.

If there had been, she wouldn't have told anyone about it. It's not like she'd immediately tweet "lol, Square yelled at me for telling you that!"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Didn't Shanelle Gray confirm her return as Larxene way before she was revealed to return? I haven't seen any reprocussion on her end for that. I think Jesse's fine to be honest. He's voiced Roxas/Ventus since the characters inception, I see no reason why he's to be replaced.

We wouldn't see that she experienced any repercussions. It's called an NDA.

He hasn't been replaced, but I'm sure what has happened is that they are recording in blocks in order of 1) Nomura's schedule because he likes (micromanaging) co-directing key character recording sessions 2) If they even finished the cutscenes lol 3) The actor's schedule

If anything his agent or manager probably has it scheduled and hasn't actually TOLD Jesse because they have probably had to be the ones to deal with SE/Disney yelling at them about Jesse dropping the ball and breaking his NDA lol

Awards

We wouldn't see that she experienced any repercussions. It's called an NDA.

He hasn't been replaced, but I'm sure what has happened is that they are recording in blocks in order of 1) Nomura's schedule because he likes (micromanaging) co-directing key character recording sessions 2) If they even finished the cutscenes lol 3) The actor's schedule

If anything his agent or manager probably has it scheduled and hasn't actually TOLD Jesse because they have probably had to be the ones to deal with SE/Disney yelling at them about Jesse dropping the ball and breaking his NDA lol

The fact that this is probably what happened is a kii
rip.gif
rip.gif
rip.gif

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Derek Stephen Prince posted on Instagram that he’s recording two sessions for a secret Disney project. Maybe there’s still some hope for Vexen after all?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Derek Stephen Prince posted on Instagram that he’s recording two sessions for a secret Disney project. Maybe there’s still some hope for Vexen after all?
Oh neat. It would have been odd to omit both him and Dilan from KH3.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

form the piciture it hard to tell if that skylark sound studios also does anybody know where toonami asia gets recored

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I could actually see Jesse being kept out of the loop for as long as they deem necessary since in the past he tended to be rather talkative more than once, lol.

How many lines and how much involvement an actor's character(s) have also can't really be taken from such things since as Spockanort mentioned, their priorities when doing voice recording are different.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I mean, regardless of how integral Roxas and Ventus are, I'm sure they could get all of Jesse's lines done in a session or two. It's not like SDG who travel to every location and talk to every character-- It's just battle grunts and maybe over a dozen scenes for Jesse. Roxas may play a larger role, but nothing he needs to be called in early for.

That or he's LYING!!!! THESE VOICE ACTORS ARE ALL LIARS AND SCUMBAGS ANYWAY!!!!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

With Jesse being a part of the upcoming recordings (because lets be real, they wouldn't replace him and Roxas / Ventus will be speaking during the game) then maybe I can let my heart open to the slight chance that Alyson was doing a placeholder voice for Kairi in the E3 trailer and Hayden is going to be brought in soon.

He says it is in the same place that he recorded "most of [his] Freiza recording for Toonami Asia". Some googling says that was done at Bang Zoom! Entertainment.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I've heard of understudy VAs but not placeholders for trailers so I'm sure Alyson is Kairi or Hayden is seriously on some real NDA
It was such a small line ("Hey Axel") so I'd hope that they were recording Alyson early on just for Xion (it goes against the characters having the same voices, but having both voice actresses honours their commitment to the series) and they knew that an upcoming trailer needed Kairi to speak so they had her quickly record that.

But the more likely event is that Kairi is voiced by Alyson and they just rudely tossed Hayden to the side.

Back