• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts VR Experience Announced at the PlayStation LineUp Tour

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts will be making the jump to virtual reality.

Announced at the PlayStation LineUp tour, every Kingdom Hearts game will be getting the virtual reality experience in the form of a 10-minute interactive video. Square Enix released a PR about what to expect with Kingdom Hearts: VR Experience.

Leading up to the Tokyo Game Show, SQUARE ENIX® and Disney unveiled the KINGDOM HEARTS: VR Experience at the PlayStation® LineUp Tour in Japan. This brand-new, free PlayStation®VR system experience will immerse fans in the KINGDOM HEARTS universe like never before and allow them to relive some of their fondest KINGDOM HEARTS memories.

Developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. and SQUARE ENIX, the “Virtual Reality Projection Mapping” project expands the visual experience and invites fans to fully immerse themselves in a 10-minute interactive video featuring music from the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise. Fans can also unlock new content by simply playing through the KINGDOM HEARTS virtual experience.

bagcifreak

I always imagined they would make a VR version of the Gummi Ship missions but idk what else they could make VR

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It looked like we were sitting on the clock tower from Xion's perspective or something? I think I heard her voice anyway when they showed Axel.

bagcifreak

I think this is just a theater mode of all the previous games and everytime there's some (important) fight u go to VR mode and just kill enemies with basic keyblade swings in a super basic looking small room. At least that's how the 4sec glimpse in the trailer looks like.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It’s free, will be 10 minutes long, and brings new content.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It’s free, will be 10 minutes long, and brings new content.
A bit apprehensive about what this new content might be

I don't have PSVR and I'm really not feeling down to drop $200 for a 10-minute game... thing
It'd be nice if it were playable without VR

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
A bit apprehensive about what this new content might be

I don't have PSVR and I'm really not feeling down to drop $200 for a 10-minute game... thing
It'd be nice if it were playable without VR
It’s probably something from Kingdom Hearts III. It’s in the video that KHIII will be a part of it so they’ll probably share some new scenes from that.

mytomxxx

Aren't we getting new exclusive history/plot content on this VR? Please say no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back