• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Classic Kingdom arrives in KHUX JP on 9/6, get Starlight to use in KINGDOM HEARTS 3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
KH3: bring back all the old characters and wrap up all the loose threads

UX: new characters new characters add more plot things to the messed up quilt called UX.

KH3 and UX are turning into opposites. Hopefully the "new characters" is that Coaty that's been sitting on the title screen for a year.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Personally I thought if another organization member came from the Chi era it would be Luxord due to his time element.

Come to think about it, that's more than likely (especially seeing as he has an interest in the black box).

Man, I don't get some of the responses. What's the harm in featuring a new character? We don't even know the context of their role in the upcoming story update so it's not as though they're cannibalising the development of the Dandelion Fortellers.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
EDIT: catching up the rest of the convo, my fear is that the Starlight will be yet another reward only available to the top bracket with every medal equipped with atk boost VII max and extra attack, therefore effectively locking it away from even people who play the game.
Usually whenever they say to achieve a certain score is never stuff I can get.

Well, I don't think the Classic Kingdom minigames will have anything to do with your medal collection though. I think they'll just be a separate set of games you can play, and if you can score high enough on them, you'll get Starlight. It would be very odd if your medals somehow influenced the outcome of the KH3 minigames. People would likely be very mad if Square essentially made Starlight only accessible to whales.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
If acquiring the keyblade means just reaching a certain number (that's possibly fair enough achieved by the casual player), I will re-download my two year old game and give it a go. If this involves percentile placing, catering once again to the deep pockets, count me all the way out.

Yeah, honestly, we really don't need any MORE characters. He introduced not one, not two, but three new characters already and we don't even really know them? Yeah, he killed off Strelitzia but even then, what do we really know of her? That she's shy and really wants to befriend Player (and that she was supposed to be part of the gang), what else? Do we even know ANYTHING about Blaine? I guess if Lauriam is just like Marluxia, we kinda do know him, but still.

He keeps introducing new plot elements, new characters, new stuff, and never really does anything with them... chi is a diddlying mess as is, do we really need to make it more unbearable? Ughh.

Has this story content been released in Global for a while, because I'd still appreciate spoiler tags.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If acquiring the keyblade means just reaching a certain number (that's possibly fair enough achieved by the casual player), I will re-download my two year old game and give it a go. If this involves percentile placing, catering once again to the deep pockets, count me all the way out.

Even if that ends up being the case, Square has to make it so that it's at least possible for all fans to acquire the reward without requiring them to spend money. The "Make Your Mark" event had those two other methods of entry which calculated log-in days and those free Moogle bonuses, which both counted as entries aside from the High Score Challenge ranking that way every person could be entered to win so long as they remembered to log in and play. Therefore, regardless of how its implemented, acquiring Starlight has to be accessible in a reasonable fashion for everybody.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, I don't think the Classic Kingdom minigames will have anything to do with your medal collection though. I think they'll just be a separate set of games you can play, and if you can score high enough on them, you'll get Starlight. It would be very odd if your medals somehow influenced the outcome of the KH3 minigames. People would likely be very mad if Square essentially made Starlight only accessible to whales.

As would I... I hope that turns out to be the case. Would make little sense if it wasn't, it would go from a clever way to attract people to Ux to a hot mess.
I just have no way of knowing it until the minigames drop, and that makes me antsy.
I mean, I also still don't know if my name is going to be in KH III.

Man, I don't get some of the responses. What's the harm in featuring a new character? We don't even know the context of their role in the upcoming story update so it's not as though they're cannibalising the development of the Dandelion Fortellers.

The harm can come from having yet another character(s) introduced just to be abandoned with little to no development.
Therefore spawning countless "What if this new character is this other character?" "What if this character will actually be the MoM in disguise as a secret boss?" theories.
Theories you can't really accept or disprove, because you keep not knowing anything about that character. It would become yet another person you just aren't invested in but can't quite cross off your mind because the plot twist regarding them could happen at any moment.

And if they do develop this character, it might be to the Union Leaders' screentime's detriment, or it could quickly turn into a bad idea.
At some point there is definitely the issue of "too many characters", regardless of how well written they are.
Story seems to be struggling enough as it is, and I'm not just talking about the one year of silence. The original Foretellers weren't greatly explored either.

Or it could be both. Maybe it's an old character disguised as a new one, and at that point why not just retconning Union as something that happened during Days why don't we.

Of course it could be good, and perhaps it will. Things can always be theoretically good.
Just as they could also be theoretically bad, and in its run Union definitely showed causes for concern on this side.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Even if that ends up being the case, Square has to make it so that it's at least possible for all fans to acquire the reward without requiring them to spend money. The "Make Your Mark" event had those two other methods of entry which calculated log-in days and those free Moogle bonuses, which both counted as entries aside from the High Score Challenge ranking that way every person could be entered to win so long as they remembered to log in and play. Therefore, regardless of how its implemented, acquiring Starlight has to be accessible in a reasonable fashion for everybody.

They have to? Only 300-500 (can't remember) lucky or elite actually obtained the prize in your prior example. I'm talking about making the prize accessible to everyone, not the chance to get it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
On the new characters thing: All I want is to know more about Skuld, Ephemer, Brain (Blaine), younger Ven, that snake Lauriam, and Strelitzia who died too soon. I am tired of new characters not getting expanded on. Hell, I'd give for more info on Ava, Invi, Ira, Aced, Gula, and Luxu.

On the Starlight: I really hope it changes forms in KH3. The basic form of Starlight is okay, but not anything I'd be like "diddly yeah give me that in KH3 right now!"

I do hope they offer a way for fans to get it without having to play "X3" Classic Kingdom mini-games. Some of people really suck at old-school LED games, some don't want to play UX, and others refuse to support it. While I think people are blowing it out of proportion because it likely won't have anything to do with UX's regular operations and can probably be enjoyed though a simple press of another option when the app boots, I do think there is value in the blowback. Make it available for purchase as DLC for people who don't want UX or can't play it.

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
I'm just curious as to how we'll get access to the Starlight keyblade. Will we pick what console we have and be sent a code? Can you only earn it once and not exploit it? Will KH3 empliment a log in feature?

Meow Wow

Awards
I'm just curious as to how we'll get access to the Starlight keyblade. Will we pick what console we have and be sent a code? Can you only earn it once and not exploit it? Will KH3 empliment a log in feature?

I've been wondering this too. My guess is that you will need to be connected to the internet and put in your character ID and it checks the data to see if you can get the keyblade. I'm also going to guess that it will only work once so people don't exploit it.

TheZX

Awards
I wonder what kind of special ability Starlight will have in 3. Also, stooooorrrrrryyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

metro96

Also Nomura saying that Sora's Mobile Portal device might have a chat function has my mind racing at being able to contact other characters during the game. It won't be a proper chat, but like Kairi may send some info while she's with Lea (is this how her letter is implemented into the game?)

The real winner here is Sora's mom, who may finally figure out why her son never came to dinner.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I'm assuming that we'll have to send our KHUX information to Square through some kind of form, and then afterwards we'll be sent some kind of code that can be used on the different consoles' online stores to download it like DLC.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly I’m thinking they will make KHUX a companion app of some form and we will link our UX accounts to SE Members then to PSN/XBL.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
sigh wake me up when we get a global release

Odinfrost

Awards
Won't Classic Kingdom be in KH3 as well? Couldn't it be that Starlight is just unlocked for doing that stuff in Classic Kingdom and not KHuX Classic Kingdom?
Or in other words, playing KHuX Classic gives access to Starlight earlier and not exclusively.

I hope...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Won't Classic Kingdom be in KH3 as well? Couldn't it be that Starlight is just unlocked for doing that stuff in Classic Kingdom and not KHuX Classic Kingdom?
Or in other words, playing KHuX Classic gives access to Starlight earlier and not exclusively.

I hope...

That is giving too much credit to SE’s ability for that kind of forethought. This is the company that tied costumes and weapons in other games to $200+ jackets, $20 socks, Cup Noodle ramen, a paid digital prologue before the era of digital gaming on a dying console, who never even released an outfit out of Japan was part of a campaign with 7-Eleven or Lawson’s or some store, and like all of the most outlandish distribution methods you could imagine.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m still mulling over whether I think all this makes WIR more or less likely for UX. On one hand, the Classic Kingdom games are being added near the same time as the new world. If the games are tied to the video game aspect of the WIR world, it makes sense why they would release them that way.

However, if they’re that closely tied, why not make the reward a Wreck-It Ralph Keyblade? Also, it would be perfect to reveal the summon from the UX world in the next trailer right before it is added to UX. I’ll say if there isn’t another summon that fills the criteria for the new UX world in the next KH3 trailer, then I’ll concede that Wreck-It Ralph will be the new world, considering it isn’t revealed prior.

My other musing is that Daybreak Town might be less likely to be a playable world in KH3 since Starlight would be the most obvious Keyblade to receive there if it were. But of course, there could be a different one that we get there.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
However, if they’re that closely tied, why not make the reward a Wreck-It Ralph Keyblade?
It's easier to just reuse a Keyblade design that they made over 2 years ago for Back Cover than to go back and forth with Disney over a brand new Disney Keyblade. I wanted a Fix It Felix Hammer Keyblade though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back