• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite NPC character (Background character only) thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

Throughout this wonderful series we have been able to do many things, like meet our favorite disney heroes and villains or final fantasy characters. But what about those who stick to the sidelines and just populate the worlds? the nameless folk who just exist because a world was too empty otherwise. I believe their amusing appearances are worth a laugh or two or worth some discussion.
Now, a few rules,
1: you can't discuss ANY npc that is in a Disney movie or square enix game (for example, in KH1 Jane can be found in the tent, as an NPC, she does not count) HOWEVER, if there is a certain model that is copy pasted frequently like the Gorilla's of Deep Jungle or the Chinese soldiers in Land of the Dragons, those are fair game.
2: Because Chain of memories, birth by sleep and 358 days over 2 do not have extra NPCs, they can't be discussed, as they focus more on the main disney characters.
3: Because they actually hail from Final Fantasy games, the shopkeeps in Twilight Town do not count as NPCs, though I will admit the red eyed boy is kind of awesome.

With that out of the way, I'll start
Ah Traverse Town, for many of us it's our first exposure to a world filled with NPC's in gaming, and we've got quite a lot of folks to gawk at. Who can forget the erm, "respectable woman" who hangs out near the cafe and refuses to talk about where she lived, or the guy who lost his heart to darkness, and was Sora's first exposure to how heartless are created. But my all time favorite NPC is the fat guy who looks as though he has a KFC bucket on his arm. His overall appearance reminds me of Chien po from Mulan, but he clearly isn't based on him. All he does is spout exposition on the Dalmatians but that's what makes him great! he's a man of few words and focuses on what's important: Soliciting in front of Cids shop!

Meow Wow

Awards
My favorite NPC is the Tidus recolor in Traverse Town. It's so blatantly obvious that it's a recolor and it just makes me laugh every time I see him.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
My favorite NPC is the Tidus recolor in Traverse Town.

What about the other recolors in Agrabah? The Wakka one is especially great because he even has his hands up behind his head like he is holding a blitzball but there's nothing there, so he just has this awkward gap between them.

My favorite NPC is probably Jessie from Twilight Town in KH2 just because I liked that she and Roxas seemed to be friends too. How can I ever forget Hayner's ever insightful "it's a giiiirl". (though the old man by Sunset hill with the semi 'adult' joke is also up there).

KH1 I am kinda attached to the weird clone man that shows up everywhere in Traverse Town. He is the one who kinda looks like he belongs in colonial times with his outdated as hell haircut. One clone of him actually turns into a soldier heartless when you first visit the 1st district, but then he is still inexplicably hanging around in different places after that. Makes me laugh.

I am looking forward to many more NPC in the future. However, there is only one I will be heartbroken if she doesn't make a return, and that is the old lady who runs the sweets shop with her cat (Churro, I believe?). She's just a nice old lady who sells ice cream, so I wish her and her sweets stand the best.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Not sure if she'd count as an NPC, but Seagull Whose Eggs Sora Stole. She even defeated Xehanort in the Great Character Tournament.

We had a lot of good laughs with this non-existent character so I'm rather attached.

Meow Wow

Awards
What about the other recolors in Agrabah? The Wakka one is especially great because he even has his hands up behind his head like he is holding a blitzball but there's nothing there, so he just has this awkward gap between them.

I haven’t encountered the Wakka recolor so I can’t really say anything about it until I see it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I like how in a few posts we've run the gamut of all the NPCs. Here's a rough list the nine games amassed.

My favorite was always the lady outside the cafe in Traverse Town. She's given interesting variation among the game, novel, and manga. Also, she kind of reminds me of another NPC from FFIX. Kind of like how Barret Wallace, Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie are only referenced in name, here she's referenced in design. It's my head canon that the former is the latter's incarnation, so I have some sort of reaching reference from IX in KH1. ;p

Soldier

Awards
I haven’t encountered the Wakka recolor so I can’t really say anything about it until I see it.

In Agrabah, after defeating Jafar and enacting a peaceful search of the world (because the heartless are leaderless, they won't appear until you leave the world) you run into these 3 familiar looking NPCS, 2 of which are clear cut reskins of heartless guy and the lady of the night. But most curiously is the Wakka clone, who is as blatant a clone as possible. They actually provide background as to why the town's deserted, everyone's hiding from the heartless.

Soldier

Awards
Not sure if she'd count as an NPC, but Seagull Whose Eggs Sora Stole. She even defeated Xehanort in the Great Character Tournament.

We had a lot of good laughs with this non-existent character so I'm rather attached.
Let's see, unless it's scuttle from the Little Mermaid, it's eligible for this thread. So yep! it counts!

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Kind of like how Barret Wallace, Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie are only referenced in name

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but we do see those characters in Twilight Town. Roxas interacts with them during the prologue, and you can buy from their shops later.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards

She's the real hero of the series.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but we do see those characters in Twilight Town. Roxas interacts with them during the prologue, and you can buy from their shops later.

You are. lol I said they're only referenced in name. They're not referenced in design, like the Cloud, Aerith and other FF characters are in the KH universe. For example, even Vincent Valentine (FFVII) and Rikku (FFX) are referenced in the first game by design only and not in name, because Cloud and Yuffie respectively wear clothing relevant to the other characters designs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back