• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Demo Confirmed for Gamescom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Attendees of Gamescom will have the chance to be able to go up against the Rock Titan and explore Andy's Room from the 21st to the 25th of August 2018. Square Enix have announced their upcoming line-up of demos for Gamescom in Cologne, Germany which includes titles such as Life is Strange 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Dragon Quest XI.

But there's more to look forward to than just the Kingdom Hearts III demo. Square Enix will erect a toy-sized recreation of Andy's Room and have a giant Keyblade available for pictures (the same Keyblade and room recreation was previously available at Japan Expo in Paris).

You can view Square Enix's statement below:

Gamescom attendees are invited to share the magic of KINGDOM HEARTS III with two playable demos, a boss battle against the Rock Titan from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Hercules and uncovering the Toy Box world from Toy Story alongside Woody and Buzz. Visitors can also take part in prime picture opportunities including a giant Keyblade and becoming a real life toy in a replica of Andy’s room from the Disney•Pixar classic Toy Story.

Kingdom Hearts III 
will release on January 25th 2019 in Japan and January 29th 2019 globally on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III, The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
il keeping my expections low it would make sense though for something small here like a gummi ship trailer

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
It does make me wonder if the next Events (e.g. Tokyo Game Show, Paris Game Week, Playstation Experience and Jump Festa) will continue to have the same 2 demos (Rock Titan Fight in Olympus and Toy Box) in every event. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Square Enix choosing these worlds to be the default demos in each event as they are the worlds that are the most completed ever since they debuted at the #KH3Premiere event back in May and also it will allow people internationally (especially those coming from Japan) to have a first look on what the gameplay for KH3 is going to be like before it comes out which is fine, but I feel that they are beating a "dead horse" with these demos and frankly they feel repetitive. IMO I would've preferred if they showcase different playable worlds as demos such as either Frozen, Tangled, Monster's Inc. and/or the Big Hero 6 world, particularly the former three, the first two cause they seem to be 85-90% completed by now and the third cause it's one of the most completed worlds already and one of the earlier worlds you visit in the game like Toy Box and Olympus.

In terms of trailers or new information, I'm not getting my hopes up, maybe a trailer similar to the one at the Dandelion event back in April, but I'm expecting new KH3 info and trailer(s) at their first and ONLY Tokyo Game Show in September, next month.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Honestly I'm fine with the demos being limited to just Toy Box and Olympus. Those are two of the first Disney worlds we visit so it makes sense.

As for new content, lol. I learned my lesson at Comic con.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
These are the only demos that will be taken around to trade shows. It costs a lot to prepare multiple demos, and it is time that should be spent on focusing on actually getting the game done.

It may be a dead horse, but its a dead horse that you need to accept because it is all we are getting. Besides, it's exciting being able to go to one of these and actually play Kingdom Hearts III. It doesn't matter that the demo is three battles and then a Giga fight or the Rock Titan boss, it's all about getting people to try it out and see what Square Enix have come up with.

People shared the same sentiments after the Cinderella world was taken to practically every convention under the sun back in 2016. But still, a lot of the rest of 0.2 was kept in the dark and they didn't need to cut out multiple demos for people to try. It was a delightful treat because of that.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
so with tgs, paris games week and jump festa as the only plances to expect for new news how will cover everthiing they still have lot stuff need to go voer besides worlds annocments

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Personally, I only want to see snippets of other worlds. I feel like so much has already been discovered in Toy Box and I’d rather save the rest of that for when I play the full game. With that in mind, I would like if future trailers showed very little of the worlds we’ve already seen aside from cutscenes. Maybe a bit more of Pirates or Arendelle.

However, seeing as I’ll absorb anything they show, I wouldn’t be entirely opposed if they released direct feed gameplay footage of Corona and/or Monster’s Inc. It would let people see more of what these worlds are like without the hassle of another full demo. (And no cutscene leaks this time since they could pre-edit them out..)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
so with tgs, paris games week and jump festa as the only plances to expect for new news how will cover everthiing they still have lot stuff need to go voer besides worlds annocments

Well outside of leaks there is still Famitsu. I remember worlds for DDD revealed in those magazines.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Well outside of leaks there is still Famitsu. I remember worlds for DDD revealed in those magazines.
i wouldnt count on magiazines to reveal world anymore it seems the marketing is diffenrt then what it used to be

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I don’t think we’ll get any Famitsu world reveals this time around. Original ones maybe, depending how many there will be. But the handhelds and even the previous main titles most likely didn’t have the marketing budget that Kingdom Hearts 3 does which is why marketing through magazines was more beneficial for them. With only 2-3 Disney worlds left to reveal and this being the age of viral marketing, I think all Disney worlds will be revealed through a trailer that can be quickly spread around the internet.

There will surely still be some magazine exclusive stuff covering mini games and other smaller content.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm just waiting for them to update the demo like they did with 0.2's demo. Any changes are interesting to me.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I don’t think we’ll get any Famitsu world reveals this time around. Original ones maybe, depending how many there will be. But the handhelds and even the previous main titles most likely didn’t have the marketing budget that Kingdom Hearts 3 does which is why marketing through magazines was more beneficial for them. With only 2-3 Disney worlds left to reveal and this being the age of viral marketing, I think all Disney worlds will be revealed through a trailer that can be quickly spread around the internet.

There will surely still be some magazine exclusive stuff covering mini games and other smaller content.
They could still have this month (depending on if Famitsu, Dengeki or Jump magazine plan to reveal ANYTHING related to KH3) be dedicated to Olympus and Kingdom of Corona, which while yes they were seen in previous articles mostly as Images or snippets we have yet to see what the Character renders for Rapunzel, Flynn Rider and the Hercules characters look like in promotional material.

Then around Mid-late September/Early October we will have articles dedicated to the Official reveal of the Big Hero 6 world and another new world announced (original or a new revealed Disney world along with its characters) from
the Tokyo Game Show event.

If they want to start showing off the rest of the worlds for the game before release, it's likely they should start doing them like now instead of waiting at the End of September/Early October just like how HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue was handeled. So the possible worlds that will be in the next magazine scans from Famitsu, Dengeki PlayStation, are:

• Mid-late August/Early September 2018 - Kingdom of Corona (Tangled) and Olympus (Hercules) (showing most of the new Character renders for the Hercules and Tangled characters along with new scenes and information regarding these worlds that weren't shown in past trailers and articles). Maybe Twilight Town (unless they want to save it for the September or October Magazine articles)
  • Mid-late September/Early October 2018 - San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6), 100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh) and/or another new World (Original or Disney, I'd pick the former)
  • October 2018 - Twilight Town (unless revealed much earlier) and Radiant Garden
  • November 2018 - Cable Town, and the Classic Kingdom Games
  • December 2018 - the Final Disney world
  • Early January 2019 - The Final world where we Battle against Master Xehanort and the 13 Seekers of Darkness, Overview of the worlds in KH3, mini-games and the game itself before launch.

These are the only demos that will be taken around to trade shows. It costs a lot to prepare multiple demos, and it is time that should be spent on focusing on actually getting the game done.

It may be a dead horse, but its a dead horse that you need to accept because it is all we are getting. Besides, it's exciting being able to go to one of these and actually play Kingdom Hearts III. It doesn't matter that the demo is three battles and then a Giga fight or the Rock Titan boss, it's all about getting people to try it out and see what Square Enix have come up with.

People shared the same sentiments after the Cinderella world was taken to practically every convention under the sun back in 2016. But still, a lot of the rest of 0.2 was kept in the dark and they didn't need to cut out multiple demos for people to try. It was a delightful treat because of that.
You're right and I'm sorry about that, like I said nothing wrong with SE showing the same demos, and guess "I need to roll with the Punches".

Personally, I only want to see snippets of other worlds. I feel like so much has already been discovered in Toy Box and I’d rather save the rest of that for when I play the full game. With that in mind, I would like if future trailers showed very little of the worlds we’ve already seen aside from cutscenes. Maybe a bit more of Pirates or Arendelle.

However, seeing as I’ll absorb anything they show, I wouldn’t be entirely opposed if they released direct feed gameplay footage of Corona and/or Monster’s Inc. It would let people see more of what these worlds are like without the hassle of another full demo.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing direct-feed gameplay footage of the Tangled and Monster's Inc. worlds and would see more footage of these worlds but that is up to Square Enix themselves and the marketing team. Maybe Gamescom perhaps Tokyo Game Show they will have Direct Feed gameplay of these worlds.

(And no cutscene leaks this time since they could pre-edit them out..)
Yup, that's what happened with the Toy Box world demo when Gamespot leaked 23 minutes of gameplay and the leaked images which is why starting at E3 onwards SE trimmed the Toy Box demo to have it end after Sora defeated the Gigas.

Last edited:

mytomxxx

Maybe the demos for us fans are getting repetitive, but the demos are for getting new players too.

Seighart

Awards
I think everyone is expecting a LOT. I really don't think they'd reveal the world where the final battle takes place. I can see two more Disney World reveals and each happening at TGS and Jump Festa. Square never really cared for any other events when it came to showing off big things for the game. In the meantime, we still don't have official details about how leveling keyblade will work, we haven't seen in game menus, a detailed layout of abilities etc. Nomura has been slowly revealing things bit by bit during interviews, but as far as detailed summaries of game mechanics and such, we still know next to nothing. I don't think he'd reveal anything spoiler heavy like what world the final battle will take place and whatnot. We still don't know what FF characters will show up. Heck, we still haven't even gotten any of the Classic Kingdom Minigames on KHUX let alone any info on more games for KH3. There's still a lot to tackle in the next couple months. I just think we will get the little things before we get the big things if they even feel like showing them.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Yup, that's what happened with the Toy Box world demo when Gamespot leaked 23 minutes of gameplay and the leaked images which is why starting at E3 onwards SE trimmed the Toy Box demo to have it end after Sora defeated the Gigas.

Yes that is the leak I was referring to. However, that isn’t why they cut the demo down. That was done because there are many more people at these events than there were at the Premiere Event, so the demo has to be shorter to accommodate higher demand and time constraints.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
To those saying that they don't think there'd be world reveals in magazines, Famitsu is one of the biggest news outlets for Japanese gamers that I don't doubt we'd get a lot of new stuff from it. Look how much of Pokemon got revealed with every Famitsu up to their release.

Perkilator

Awards
Square Enix: **does literally anything KH3 related**

Me: Oh, cool. Can’t wait for the demo.

Fans: W I L L W E S E E (insert things like the final battle world)

I can see why they’d want that, though-don’t get me wrong.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Very cool. In essence it's just KH3 continuing its world tour. The photo op sounds quite similar to the one at Paris Games Week.

Aside from KH3, I'm curious to know more about Life is Strange 2.

Seighart said:
I think everyone is expecting a LOT.

Fans are just
eager. This should be known.

the red monster

Awards
To those saying that they don't think there'd be world reveals in magazines, Famitsu is one of the biggest news outlets for Japanese gamers that I don't doubt we'd get a lot of new stuff from it. Look how much of Pokemon got revealed with every Famitsu up to their release.
Lol what? they didn't reveal single pokemon for sun and moon, everything was from CoroCoro/Trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back