• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ace Attorney - 15th Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I didn't realize they were finally dubbing the anime, but I'm really excited about this

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Both Ace Attorney Investigations games were ported to iOS and Android in Japan. Hopefully this means that they'll also be ported for the 3DS. And if they do, then it could mean the West could finally experence the perfection that is AAI2.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Takumi and Eshiro on their plans for 2018 (Famitsu) - Court-Records

A summary:

Motohide Eshiro, the series' producer, has said that there is a lot planned for the series for this year; while Shu Takumi, the series' creator, has said that he feels satisfied with what has come out with the Great Ace Attorney project, and is currently helping on some projects.

---

2018 seems like a promising year for Ace Attorney.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Finally getting around to watching the Ace Attorney series in English and holy shit it is so much better in a language I understand. I'm loving this, and the jokes are landing. Some really fantastic work from the English voice actors <3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
gts2_teaser_fixw_640_hq.jpg

Looks like a new season of the Ace Attorney anime has been announced - details are slim at the moment, but from the poster it looks like the season will focus, at least in part, on Trials and Tribulations. The show will once again be produced by A-1 Pictures and will release in the fall. Takumi will be taking a consultant writing role on this series as he did with the first series.

The announcement for the second series also notes that the game series has sold over 6.7 million copies as of December 31st!

New Series of the Ace Attorney Anime Announced! : Trial Minutes

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
As much as I thought the anime rushed everything and kind of ruined it, I'm nevertheless happy to see Trials and Tribulations finally get adapted. It was very weird to cover two games of the trilogy and not the third.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (the Great Ace Attorney 2) has been available for Android and iOS since this past April 24th.

Now that all Ace Attorney games have been released on HD platforms (mobile devices), I wonder when will Capcom announce ports for the Switch. If this happens, then this hopefully cements the idea of the West finally getting Gyakuten Kenji 2 (Ace Attorney Investigations 2), and the Greath Ace Attorney games.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I personally would be happy if we just got them in mobile format. I know mobile is bad for most kinds of games, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing (for the first time, too) the AA HD Trilogy and Duel Destinies on my phone. It's much more portable than the Switch, which is large and really needs a case to travel with.

I don't have much faith in a Switch Ace Attorney collection bringing us the unreleased games, but if it did that would be cool. It's the only reason I would purchase it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I personally would be happy if we just got them in mobile format. I know mobile is bad for most kinds of games, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing (for the first time, too) the AA HD Trilogy and Duel Destinies on my phone. It's much more portable than the Switch, which is large and really needs a case to travel with.

I don't have much faith in a Switch Ace Attorney collection bringing us the unreleased games, but if it did that would be cool. It's the only reason I would purchase it.

I mean, the Ace Attorney games were Japan exclusive back when they were only GBA games. It was only after Capcom decided to port them to the NDS that we finally got the games in English.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
001_thumb-3.jpg

Season 2 is coming October 6th 2018. No English news yet, but they announced the premiere date at Anime Expo in Los Angeles which is a good sign. Also the dub is excellent so if you haven't watched Season 1 in English then what is wrong with you!?

Also Godot will be voiced by Hiroaki Hirata and they're adapting "The Lost Turnabout" from Ace Attorney 2, which was skipped over last season.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Thanks for sharing, Chaser! :D And it makes sense for them to finally do "the Lost Turnabout", seeing as how, if they intend to do "Recipe for Turnabout", which also stars Maggey, they need to give her some background.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Also the dub is excellent so if you haven't watched Season 1 in English then what is wrong with you!?

Lol. Off-topic, but totally made me think of this:

[video=youtube;O0TQbRNmYus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0TQbRNmYus[/video]

Anyway, the problem for me is lack of money. Since the first series aired I've only really been able to afford a Crunchyroll subscription. So I got to see it subbed, but not dubbed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
A few episodes are available for free on Funimation but (and you didn’t hear this from me) the episodes are on youtube in full as well.

Veevee

Awards
Hey guys, little question:
Right now, the Phoenix Wright Trilogy is on sale for 10 bucks at the European Nintendo E-Shop. I already own the games on 3Ds, but only started playing the third a few years ago (never finished it though, but liked it a lot), so I'd like to catch up on these games because I find them hilarious. To those of you who have purchased the remastered trilogy on 3DS, is it worth buying for people who already own the originals, do they add something or am I fine with my DS copies? Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
You're pretty much fine with your copies you have. The 3DS editions only use the upscaled art from the iOS ports which isn't that big of a deal.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If anything, I'd wait to see what they're doing with the Switch. They might port AA1-6 to the Switch which means you could play the entire mainline series on your TV for the first time. They also have the upscaled art of Ace Attorney Investigations and there's the Great Ace Attorney where Capcom might finally realise it is something we want to play so there's lots of chances for Ace Attorney games.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
At this point I'm just going to do the same thing for Great Ace Attorney as AAI2 and play the translation once it's done. Chapter 3 is almost out apparently.

Back