• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sea Salt Frappuccino spotted at MetroCon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrown

Awards
Original Twitter post

https://mobile.twitter.com/whispwill/status/1020002889652232192

Actual flavor of the drink as described by OP

https://mobile.twitter.com/whispwill/status/1020032327332900864

Another tweet to start the petition to make it available nationwide

https://mobile.twitter.com/Twinfinite/status/1020296810294915072

Image of the frappucino

DijSWo0UYAA6QJ6

Image of the sign outside the Starbucks with a nice pun

DijSWpiU8AAR8GA

I'm not sure if I should have contacted a mod with the news or not since I didn't see any post about it here.
Also sorry if this isn't the right section for this.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sea salt Frappuccino is actually a good way to get people aware of the series. We need more promotion like this.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's not really news-news since it was just one store's little special, but I love this so much.

You can always go to a Starbucks and order the vanilla bean frap with some blue food coloring. That is all the recipe is xD

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I do hope that one day actual sea salt ice cream comes to the US. It would be nice to actually purchase a pint instead of constantly having to make it.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'm telling you guys. Real sea salt ice cream is not blue vanilla, it's milk flavored. It tastes weird and you can't really handle more than one.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
"When you walk awayyy...you don't hear me sayyyy....pleassssseeeeee no whip creammm."

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
sea salt ice cream is great but vanilla + food coloring is not it lol.

Meow Wow

Awards
Like others have said, sea salt ice cream is really something you could have once in a while but you really can’t take more than a small serving. It’s not horrible but it’s a lot.

Actually my local Cold Stone has Sea Salt ice cream once. It wasn’t blue tho

radiantmemories

I actually really loved it when I made it and my family and I had several servings in a row. The taste is definitely strange, but also really good. It might depend on what recipe you use to make it/the exact ratio of ingredients.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I tried making Sea Salt Ice Cream once but I'm seeing in here Vanilla shouldn't be in the recipe? I always figured it was essentially the same as saltwater taffy but as Ice Cream? Can anyone who's had the real stuff confirm?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I tried making Sea Salt Ice Cream once but I'm seeing in here Vanilla shouldn't be in the recipe? I always figured it was essentially the same as saltwater taffy but as Ice Cream? Can anyone who's had the real stuff confirm?

I have had the real stuff, hence my insistence that it's not vanilla.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I have had the real stuff, hence my insistence that it's not vanilla.

Not asking about your insistence that it's not vanilla but that it's similar to saltwater taffy, sorry. If you've never had saltwater taffy though there wouldn't be any way for you to confirm that. I do believe that it isn't supposed to be vanilla. Do you have a link to a recipe that doesn't use vanilla extract?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Not asking about your insistence that it's not vanilla but that it's similar to saltwater taffy, sorry. If you've never had saltwater taffy though there wouldn't be any way for you to confirm that. I do believe that it isn't supposed to be vanilla. Do you have a link to a recipe that doesn't use vanilla extract?
you asked if anyone has had it could confirm, he confirmed it, yet you're asking for more proof? a recipe that specifically doesn't use vanilla extract? lol, plenty of recipes use vanilla extract that aren't vanilla flavored, what Dandelion is saying is that it isn't the primary flavor or ingredient like the Starbucks drink.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I've made saltwater taffy with a taffy puller before. I mean, they're honestly nothing alike. The only thing they share is sea salt, and even normal ice cream has salt in it.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
you asked if anyone has had it could confirm, he confirmed it, yet you're asking for more proof? a recipe that specifically doesn't use vanilla extract? lol, plenty of recipes use vanilla extract that aren't vanilla flavored, what Dandelion is saying is that it isn't the primary flavor or ingredient like the Starbucks drink.

No, I mean he hadn't stated that he was comparing it to the taffy in flavor, unless I'm thinking of a completely different candy, saltwater taffy isn't vanilla is it?

As far as the vanilla extract goes, that's what I thought, which is why I was confused. I also didn't know that the Starbucks drink was primarily vanilla because twitter doesn't load when I'm at work which is why I was asking.

I've made saltwater taffy with a taffy puller before. I mean, they're honestly nothing alike. The only thing they share is sea salt, and even normal ice cream has salt in it.

Cool, the only saltwater taffy I had wasn't direct from the source, it was sold at Cracker Barrel and it's been a long time but I imagined they would have been similar in taste just because of sea salt. I figured they had to have some kind of technique that would give it both a salty and sweet taste without one overpowering the other, like with Kettlecorn.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Tbh I'd rather enjoy a lightly salted vanilla treat with a heap of blue food coloring than a true sea salt flavor. Placebos go a long way with me.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Tbh I'd rather enjoy a lightly salted vanilla treat with a heap of blue food coloring than a true sea salt flavor. Placebos go a long way with me.

Normal vanilla flavored stuff tastes better than the milk/heavy cream flavor Japan shoves into its candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back