• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mario Kart 8 Delux

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Re: Mario Kart 8 - now including Link

Whoever decided this game needed 200cc was a damn madman. Half the time I can't stop myself from flying off the track or hitting the wall. New dlc content is pretty neat though, so I'll enjoy working my from 50cc through Mirror mode on the new tracks before I go insane trying to handle 200cc.

Sora67

Banned

Whoever decided this game needed 200cc was a damn madman. Half the time I can't stop myself from flying off the track or hitting the wall. New dlc content is pretty neat though, so I'll enjoy working my from 50cc through Mirror mode on the new tracks before I go insane trying to handle 200cc.
Tell me about it lol XD it's crazy but I find it quite fun at the same time XD

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Can't wait to see for myself lol. I believe the wheel slip also gets involved too if you're going too fast.

Sora67

Banned

Can't wait to see for myself lol. I believe the wheel slip also gets involved too if you're going too fast.
A bit of a warning on Toad harbor in the beginning don't try to go on the boat that has the boost pad you won't make it XD

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe reviews are starting to come in. Looks like this version is being well received.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I would totally be all over this if I had a Switch. I loved Mario Kart 8 and didn't play nearly enough of it on WiiU, but being that I don't currently own a Switch it's rather needless to say that I won't be picking the game up for a while. I'm glad it's reviewing well though, a 94 metascore is impressive anyway you slice it.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I wish there was more new, at least like a legit Splatoon track and not just a battle arena. Like as it is right now I dunno if a few new things is worth it for me to buy a game I paid full price for and bought all the DLC before.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, I also don't like the idea of them going full-price with this one just because all the DLCs are included + 3 new characters and a decent battle mode which should've been implemented from the get-go.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
There's been a couple of recent updates for MK8D:

One that lets you use that Nintendo Labo cardboard motorcycle handles as a controller.
But the one that got me racing again yesterday was the inclusion of the Champion's Tunic Link and the Master Cycle Zero from Breath of the Wild. https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1020112660778561536

If you needed a reason to race again then give the new Link and Master Cycle a try. The Zero cycle has a wider drift than the regular Master Cycle.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
There's been a couple of recent updates for MK8D:

One that lets you use that Nintendo Labo cardboard motorcycle handles as a controller.
But the one that got me racing again yesterday was the inclusion of the Champion's Tunic Link and the Master Cycle Zero from Breath of the Wild. https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1020112660778561536

If you needed a reason to race again then give the new Link and Master Cycle a try. The Zero cycle has a wider drift than the regular Master Cycle.

Oh nice! I'll give it a go this weekend!

Perkilator

Awards
So, what are your item hopes for a Mario Kart 9? I was thinking:

-Oil: Leaves a line that causes other racers to slip around and possibly fall.
-Metal Box: Makes you slightly slower, but reduces knockback from other items (including the blue shell).
-Double Cherry: Tricks other racers with a clone that can be locked on to.
-NES Zapper: Zaps pixelated lasers at other racers.

Some other ideas of mine:
-You can still carry two items at once, and you can swap the, on the fly if needed.
-You can freely rotate any Triple Shell/Bananas you pick up.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
MK8 is basically perfection to me. I sorta don't really even want a MK9, just more DLC for 8 until the end of time.

One of the best, if not the best, Cart racing game ever created for sure. I totally agree with the post above, MK8 can go on with DLC after DLC and I'm almost certain that nobody would mind.

Honestly, I'm kinda scared for when they'll decide to bring MK9 for it will be a very complicated feat to top this one.

Anyway, I'm writing this because I want to acquire another copy of the game for my brother (we're not living together), and so far, I've undergone through numerous price comparison websites and game marketplaces and the best offer I could find is for 45.99.

Think I could get the key for even cheaper? xD (I'm srs, money is kind of a problem for me atm... so, any help would be appreciated) :)

Neo_

Awards
I don't believe I've played a full cup against the CPU; I considered it for Gold Mario, but it seemed like a waste of time. I'm assuming that's why the game doesn't have a ceremony: cause the majority of people are playing online anyway. Back in the day, that's all we had.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Word to the wise: Do NOT play Mario Kart 8 after months of Crash Team Racing. Your brain will explode into a pile of incomprehensible mush trying to get a hang of the former's control feel.
I was smacking into walls at every turn trying desperately to remember how to properly drift or make sharp turns.
I was embarrassing myself hysterically, I can only imagine what the online players thought witnessing my clumsiness.
I desperately wanted to send messages out to all of them pleading "Don't laugh too hard, CTR's just too ingrained into me right now".
It felt like I was only SUGGESTING where I'd like Yoshi or Peach (I like to alternate between my two faves) to go.
Hey, your majesty, let's go left!
Peach: Oh, I'd rather not, thank you. This fence looks quite lovely and I'd cherish the opportunity to smack into it with humiliating vigor.

Back