• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Cloud and Leon Outfits Found in Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Files

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Just the other day, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT was datamined and a number of files relating to upcoming characters and stages were found. Within those files was data for some outfits for the characters within the fighting game.

The data was found on the disc version of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, meaning this is not content that was added via patches or DLC. The following is a list of the costumes found within the files that are currently not availble within Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, however due to some of them being the same as their Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy outfits, it might be a case of the development team using the 012 data when creating various assets with no intention of using those outfits in game. The counterpoint, however, is that new characters from games such as Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy Tactics have outfits that are unused as well, which might signify that their inclusion in the Arcade and Console game was considered at some point.

1. Knight in Shining Armor I - EX mode WOL , with the horns forward

2. The Last Hope I - Firion

3. Shallot Knight I - NDS Onion Knight design

4. Classic Cecil I - SNES Sprite design, the same we got as DLC in 012

5. Samurai I - Samurai Bartz

6. The Espers' Progeny I -

7. Kingdom Hearts Cloud I -

8. Kingdom Hearts Squall I -

9. Marcus's Bandana I -

10. A Fleeting Dream I - shirtless Tidus from 012 (same name for costume too)

11. Wedding Dress I - Shantotto like in 012

12. Sky Pirate Garb I - Pirate costume for Vaan created for 012

13. Miner's Garb I - FFXIV Miner AF1

14. Combat Overcoat I - Ace opening cinematic

15. Heroic Heretic I - Ramza heretic

16. Discord Incarnate I - Black nude Garland from 012

17. Fallen One I - God Kefka

18. The Wanderer I - Kain from the after years

Cloud and Squall both wore their Kingdom Hearts outfits in the original PSP games of Dissidia Final Fantasy. Cloud's outfit was included as a code with Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix in Japan, as a preorder bonus from GameStop in North America, and as paid downloadable content on the PlayStation Network in Europe. Meanwhile Squall's outfit was included in the Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy Legacy Edition in Europe and available as a code with the April 2011 edition of V Jump in Japan.

Sephiroth also had an alternate outfit that is inspired by his Kingdom Hearts attire. His Heartless Angel form is available within Dissidia Final Fantasy NT as paid content in the shop (paid for with Gil, which you earn from fighting).

Hopefully these outfits will be unlocked in Dissidia Final Fantasy NT in the near future, so fans of Kingdom Hearts can enjoy the outfits!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III, The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm sad cuz I know they will probably be added as pricey DLC now...but maybe not since its on disc?

These are all good choices tho. I just want more to earn in the game, it would make me want to play it more again lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm sad cuz I know they will probably be added as pricey DLC now...but maybe not since its on disc?
Apparently the DLC weapons were on the disc, and I assume the dataminer was talking about the fourth weapons with that, so they may charge for it :(

I think having gauntlets or something with outfit rewards would have been nice. Still, I would have dropped the cash on these outfits. I loved playing as Cloud, Leon, and Sephirtoh in 012.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Apparently the DLC weapons were on the disc, and I assume the dataminer was talking about the fourth weapons with that, so they may charge for it :(

I think having gauntlets or something with outfit rewards would have been nice. Still, I would have dropped the cash on these outfits. I loved playing as Cloud, Leon, and Sephirtoh in 012.

Ah I see...then yeah thats probably what's going to happen lol. I am willing to drop money for these too myself, but I just really didn't like how they priced the weapons and I expect this to be similar. I especially want Leon myself, I always have liked him more than Squall, I guess mostly cuz he is just Squall who has already matured lol. KH1 Cloud looks rad so it makes me want to play him more too in 012 and this would be the same.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Sweet Christmas. I will buy the Kingdom Hearts outfits no matter the cost. Also I'm glad to see the return of the pirate outfit for Vaan. Cecil's outfit is also really cool. Gah, why didn't they do this from the get-go?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Sweet Christmas.

Luke Cage says wut?

I've always been hot for these lewks myself. I only owned the original Dissidia and didn't realize how inaccessible the outfits were for the NA audience.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Luke Cage says wut?

I've always been hot for these lewks myself. I only owned the original Dissidia and didn't realize how inaccessible the outfits were for the NA audience.

Yeah I was never able to get Leon at all. I think also Amano art Tifa. I think I got all the others tho lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The wiki didn't have the info but Leon's KH outfit was given out in Australia. I know this because I went over 1500 pages back in my PSN download history to find the icon you see above, so it turns out he was available in Australia somehow. I have no idea how he was given out though since he can't be purchased individually like KH Cloud and KH Sephiroth can (their DLC is still active).

I was too young to buy a lot of the character DLC for the game back then, but I really liked their outfits. I don't think the price has gone down though. $1.25 AUD for the Dissidia outfits, whereas now it's $4.55 AUD due to the extra two outfits involved, which isn't so bad.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I was super salty about KH Leon being inaccessible in NA so finally being able to get this outfit makes me very happy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was super salty about KH Leon being inaccessible in NA so finally being able to get this outfit makes me very happy.

It was the biggest "f you" by SE in that generation besides the whole...not localizing Type-0 then making a bastard of it with HD.

I never understood why they never released the Leon costume when western fans would have been the most receptive to it.

SE, give it to us in Dissidia now. Not in the S2 DLC but now plz

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It’s been almost a year and today they’ve finally put in the third costumes for Terra and Kefka. Their outfits were from the leak, so unless something has changed then Cloud and Leon are most definitely going to get their KH outfits in the very near future!

Also with their being the free version of Dissidia, you can play the game for free any buy Leon and Cloud as well as the KH outfits when they’re ready.

Back