• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think Vantias Face reveal might cause chaos with the other cast?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum End

Might be a little spoilers for those who hadn't played BBS but in KH3 do you guys see the possibility that people who are close to Sora sees Vanitas face thinks that Sora has fallen to darkness in which return might caused them to be in a huge shock/despair and do something that might initiate a sacrifice to save sora or another person fallen into darkness? I could definitely see something like that happening unless the cast sees sora and vanitas at the same time lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think Sora's friends know him well enough not to mistake him as Vanitas despite the resemblance. I don't see it going anywhere after the imediate shock.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think with the introduction of the Mobile Portals, there won’t be as much drama due to lack of communication. (Something that could actually be critical in keeping SRK from repeating the mistakes of TAV.) If Vanitas appears to Riku or Kairi, there might be an initial shock, but they would be able to call Sora and know that’s not him if they had any doubt to begin with.

If it weren’t for the whole one Xehanort per world thing, it could have been cool to have Vanitas go inflict terror on the worlds, making sure his face is seen so the residents of those worlds would fear Sora upon his arrival. It won’t really work with Monster’s Inc since Sora has a changed form.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
For all we know, Vanitas may not even look like Sora at this point...We all have theories about what we'll see from TAV, but what if it turns out because Aqua is Norted (still kinda up in the air) that she already told Xehanort where Ven was or he already figured it out and that Vanitas we see is actually Venitus? That'd be quite a shocking twist IMO.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Honestly, I think with how they've treated Repliku, Roxas/Ventus, and the Kairi look-alikes in the past, they probably won't care about the same face thing after the initial shock wears off. They're well aware at this point that they're all different people despite looking alike. The extent of it might just be similar to when Riku saw Ventus, and said "Roxas? No, you're different". Of course, I think the Xehanort-yellow eyes would be a giveaway that it's not Sora.

Of course, it also depends on how they want to characterize Sora and Vanitas in relation to each other, or if they'll even explain to the characters in-game why Sora/Vanitas and Roxas/Ventus look alike. Maybe they will bring up the fact that Sora was almost a vessel in DDD, and Vanitas could be a reminder of what could have happened to him and what he'd look like.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly, I think with how they've treated Repliku, Roxas/Ventus, and the Kairi look-alikes in the past, they probably won't care about the same face thing after the initial shock wears off. They're well aware at this point that they're all different people despite looking alike. The extent of it might just be similar to when Riku saw Ventus, and said "Roxas? No, you're different". Of course, I think the Xehanort-yellow eyes would be a giveaway that it's not Sora.

Of course, it also depends on how they want to characterize Sora and Vanitas in relation to each other, or if they'll even explain to the characters in-game why Sora/Vanitas and Roxas/Ventus look alike. Maybe they will bring up the fact that Sora was almost a vessel in DDD, and Vanitas could be a reminder of what could have happened to him and what he'd look like.

That does sound like a pretty plausible option. You on Square staff?

shady543

Awards
^ ayyyy video game and film artist here :'D

For all we know, Vanitas may not even look like Sora at this point...We all have theories about what we'll see from TAV, but what if it turns out because Aqua is Norted (still kinda up in the air) that she already told Xehanort where Ven was or he already figured it out and that Vanitas we see is actually Venitus? That'd be quite a shocking twist IMO.

I have seen this theory everywhere, and while its an interesting theory, I don't get how it can happen because of Ventus still being in Sora's heart when Sora and Vanitas meet? And Vanitas's reaction seems to clearly show he is not Ventus under the helmet :\
Besides I think it would really be the worst way possible to give Ventus character development, and for Vanitas too....

Ether way I hope Vanitas still has Sora's face because I want to see Sora's reaction to it (considering the talk of Sora giving into the darkness to save Roxas, and Vanitas is basically a dark version of him) and an interaction with Vanitas and Kairi dammit. Sometimes it's better to go with the usual rather than having something there just for the sake of shock factor.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
^ ayyyy video game and film artist here :'D

I have seen this theory everywhere, and while its an interesting theory, I don't get how it can happen because of Ventus still being in Sora's heart when Sora and Vanitas meet? And Vanitas's reaction seems to clearly show he is not Ventus under the helmet :\
Besides I think it would really be the worst way possible to give Ventus character development, and for Vanitas too....

Ether way I hope Vanitas still has Sora's face because I want to see Sora's reaction to it (considering the talk of Sora giving into the darkness to save Roxas, and Vanitas is basically a dark version of him) and an interaction with Vanitas and Kairi dammit. Sometimes it's better to go with the usual rather than having something there just for the sake of shock factor.

AYYYYY, I want to get into video game programming and design too, small world. Yeah, I kinda didn't think about that reaction from the Monster's Inc. trailer. It would make more sense for him to look like Sora, although they did fuse so it's not impractical to think that he could look like a dark haired Ventus at this point.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It would make more sense for him to look like Sora, although they did fuse so it's not impractical to think that he could look like a dark haired Ventus at this point.

The fusion was undone though at the end of BBS and as was said, Ventus' heart is still within Sora. Ventus-Vanitas was explicitly Vanitas commandeering Ventus' body while Ven's heart was also present, which isn't the case this time around.

Roxas also didn't change his appearance just because he isn't holding Ven's heart anymore, as memories of their looks are ingrained into their hearts and those who know them remember them with these looks.

Granted, in Vanitas' case there are only two (three if we count Vanitas himself seeing his reflection somewhere) people who ever saw him without the mask, those being Ventus and Master Xehanort respectively, but if there isn't a dominating extra influence at work I don't see why his appearance would change.

In terms of the nort-stuff, maybe his black chocobo style hair got some silver streaks (like Xigbar) or is entirely silver, but the question if looking like Sora or Ventus is more or less moot anyways as the only difference between Ven and Sora is hairstyle and -color as well as skin tone. Their faces are identical anyways.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Also worth noting that when Ansem SOD possessed Riku's body, he was able to shape Riku's body look like himself. If Vanitas did use Ventus's body to resurrect himself, his heart could "shape" the body to fit his appearance.

But I also feel like they won't make Vanitas suddenly look like Ventus again and have 3 Vens, on top of Roxas and Ventus himself. Especially considering Nomura stated that having Vanitas look like Sora would create a "bigger impact" than if it was Roxas/Ventus's face.

Honestly, the big question I have towards Vanitas's appearance is if he will have Sora's KH2 or KH3 hair.

Platinum End

Also worth noting that when Ansem SOD possessed Riku's body, he was able to shape Riku's body look like himself. If Vanitas did use Ventus's body to resurrect himself, his heart could "shape" the body to fit his appearance.

But I also feel like they won't make Vanitas suddenly look like Ventus again and have 3 Vens, on top of Roxas and Ventus himself. Especially considering Nomura stated that having Vanitas look like Sora would create a "bigger impact" than if it was Roxas/Ventus's face.

Honestly, the big question I have towards Vanitas's appearance is if he will have Sora's KH2 or KH3 hair.

You know i actually wonder what they would do but since they already have a model of kh3 sora, it would make sense for them to use his hair model but then again if then again it would look weird

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You know i actually wonder what they would do but since they already have a model of kh3 sora, it would make sense for them to use his hair model but then again if then again it would look weird

Sora's in his kh2 form in the first part of the game. Not that it matters. These people are creating thousands and thousands of unique assets, they wouldn't care to give Vanitas totally new hair if that's what Nomura wanted.

Well, I mean, maybe they'd care but they would do it.

shady543

Awards
I got to agree that I care more about what his hair is going to look like lol. KH2 would make more sense I feel unless his hair somehow magically updates itself whenever Sora gets a haircut or something. But that does probably happen knowing Nomura. xD

But in all honestly I just want to see helmetless Vanitas without diddlying fishface graphics, and not possessing Ven ether. PLEASE CAN I HAVE THIS NOMURA

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I think Sora's friends know him well enough not to mistake him as Vanitas despite the resemblance. I don't see it going anywhere after the imediate shock.

If my years of anime watching tell me that it is most likely no one aside from Ven, MX and mabey Sora will end upseeing his face.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If my years of anime watching tell me that it is most likely no one aside from Ven, MX and mabey Sora will end upseeing his face.

Eh, not sure about that. He might be unmasked for the final battle in the keyblade graveyard. Then there is the matter if he survives KH3....

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
What if they give him an entirely new hairstyle?

I doubt it. There isn't really any reason for Vanitas to want/need a new hairstyle, and we already know why he looks the way he does. That would raise the question of how/why he changed his look, and there's more important things to be answered.

I'll fully expecting that not to be the case. If Sora sees his face, that will also include Donald and Goofy. I think after he reveals his face to Sora (maybe in Monstropolis) he'll go the rest/most of the game unmasked, or he'll be unmasked again in the final battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back