• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEW PRINCESSES OF HEART (THEORIZED LIST)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbe

Could anyone please explain what exactly people are offended about in Pocahontas? I definitely don't want to start a political dicussion, but as Raz said, that whole issue may be a bit blown out of proportion. Which would be a shame if true because it's a pretty unique setting and a good film.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I really hope they don't make the last 3 so predictable by using the official disney princesses. These chars get enough attention, I want some chars that don't get much love.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I really hope they don't make the last 3 so predictable by using the official disney princesses. These chars get enough attention, I want some chars that don't get much love.
i think one of them going to be tiana, i think other two is kida or have six princess world be unplayable be moana and the secnth going to original my guess it going be strelitzia na d this will connect khux with kh3

ImVentus

Awards
Lindsay Eliss is one of the influences (present media) with the Pocahontas controversy.
While some parts of the rants are correct, some people also feel the need to spread unnecessary negativity cause it's easier than finding something to enjoy. No offence but some are just too diddying oversensitive. The film is filled with flaws and a pretty forced romantic subplot. As for myself, I don't care much. I just find the bits I enjoy to be worth my time. I respect that it's not liked, but I like it
and have seen far worse films.

Also if Pocahontas would ever make an appearance, I could see ways to make her work. Especially as a D-link or summon. She do have a personality that could be considered someone born with a pure light.

Hobbe

Lindsay Eliss is one of the influences (present media) with the Pocahontas controversy.
While some parts of the rants are correct, some people also feel the need to spread unnecessary negativity cause it's easier than finding something to enjoy. No offence but some are just too diddying oversensitive. The film is filled with flaws and a pretty forced romantic subplot. As for myself, I don't care much. I just find the bits I enjoy to be worth my time. I respect that it's not liked, but I like it
and have seen far worse films.

Also if Pocahontas would ever make an appearance, I could see ways to make her work. Especially as a D-link or summon. She do have a personality that could be considered someone born with a pure light.

A world based on pre-colonial America would be beautiful. Maybe not too different from other forest worlds but still cool.

And that setting would be the perfect place to learn Aero again.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Regardless of who ends up taking the last three spots, I really hope Kairi actually interacts with all of them. A big way they could develop Kairi is building connections with her status as a PoH.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Despite all of its problems, Pocahontas was one of my favorite movies from my youth and had some great animation and musical numbers. I do think people are over-exaggerating its taboo status. While that sentiment does exist on certain corners of the internet, that hasn't stopped Disney from continuing to include Pocahontas in the official lineup (giving her a ton of lines in the Wreck-It-Ralph Princess scene) and continuing to sell merchandise with her on it.

Plus, I could see her using wind powers in a very cool way in battle.

Disney clearly doesn't feel Pocahontas is as bad as people here do. Pocahontas still gets regular re-releases, promotion, and merchandise, unlike Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Black Cauldron, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, etc. I don't think it will be a world in KH3, but it has the potential to be really fun, I'll admit. And I'd much rather have Pocahontas as one of the new PoH over Merida or Mulan.

I'm not saying the controversies surrounding Pocahontas aren't justified, but many Disney films have had controversies and criticism to varying degrees. YMMV

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Since the dream for Emperor's New Groove is very nearly dead, my grandest dream is for Princess and thr Frog. Give me Tiana or give me death. Give me a Mama Odie summon to inflict a Toad status on my enemies. Let me fight Keith David.

Really, though, Tiana's a fantastic character.

Pokie

Was thinking maybe :

Moana. Her world would really fit in the KH universe.

Tiana. Likewise, with Moana.

Rapunzel.

Anna. Maybe Elsa has "ice " powers, and Anna has "heart " powers.

Honey Lemon and/or Gogo. They just have to have a strong heart right ?

Possibilities.

Eilonwy. The Black Cauldron was a massively huge flop and it would be a huge shock to see a future KH game.

Kida. Almost same case as above, her movie wasn't so hot in the box office, though it does have a cult-following, and many people are wanting Atlantis in.

Pocahontas. Unsure how her world would work in the KH universe, but if SE can do it, then, hey.

Bianca. Who say that it has to be human ??? It could be a small mouse, I mean, Mickey does it.
[FONT=&quot]¯\_(ツ)_/¯[/FONT]
Maid Marian. Same as above.

Megavoltage

Awards
Minnie or Daisy for Disney Town/Castle representation.

Edit: Wait, it was dumb to mention Minnie since she's queen, not princess. But could Daisy still count? Being married to Donald wouldn't make her royalty. Could she be a POH?

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Minnie or Daisy for Disney Town/Castle representation.

Edit: Wait, it was dumb to mention Minnie since she's queen, not princess. But could Daisy still count? Being married to Donald wouldn't make her royalty. Could she be a POH?

Daisy isn't married to Donald. The Princesses of Heart don't have to be royalty (and they aren't in the first KH, Belle and Alice aren't royal - and Cinderella wasn't born royal) Also the Queen thing really shouldn't make a difference, Elsa is a queen, after all.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Daisy isn't married to Donald. The Princesses of Heart don't have to be royalty (and they aren't in the first KH, Belle and Alice aren't royal - and Cinderella wasn't born royal) Also the Queen thing really shouldn't make a difference, Elsa is a queen, after all.

Following your interpretation, it wasn't mentioned that they were Princesses, just Seven Pure Hearts. While Nomura did state they'd all be women, we don't have to think of someone who even remotely COULD be considered a "princess" by any standard. Belle is dating/in love with/possibly marrying a Prince, but Alice really isn't at all. Unless you interpret her as a possible queen, like there was the red and white queens, then there was the Queen of Hearts so there could have been a Queen of Spades, Diamonds, and Clubs too since the first book was based on cards and the second on Chess. Now I'm rambling, forgive me.

Pokie

Elsa could be the ruler of Arendelle, but also a POH.

Governing a country is different from being a Princess of a pure heart.

Disney clearly doesn't feel Pocahontas is as bad as people here do. Pocahontas still gets regular re-releases, promotion, and merchandise, unlike Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Black Cauldron, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, etc. I don't think it will be a world in KH3, but it has the potential to be really fun, I'll admit. And I'd much rather have Pocahontas as one of the new PoH over Merida or Mulan.

I'm not saying the controversies surrounding Pocahontas aren't justified, but many Disney films have had controversies and criticism to varying degrees. YMMV

Unfortunately, Disney has a shame of movies that slipped through the box office's cracks. If you had a lukewarm success or even just okay, it's really not good enough. Disney will shove it underneath a rug and act like the movie was a humiliation. Pocahontas did less than Lion King, but it was still a hit, while Hercules, HOND, Treasure Planet and Atlantis not so much.

The only way to mend this is to have the movie be vindicated by higher DVD/ Bluray/ Merch sales, and Disney will put it in the "favorite child " list. This happened to Fantasia, which failed hard in the '40's, Pinocchio, Bambi and Alice in Wonderland.

Pocahontas is conversational, but judging by documentaries on Youtube, it's always has been. Disney won't mind unless there's an uproar or it stops being successful. I get the feeling that Disney knows that their movies can be either a loved treasure or a miss, depending on the generation. If Atlantis, Hercules etc become bigger news, they'll be prepared for it. But Pocahontas did better in the box office, so that movie is going to be treated better by the company.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Okay, so from the translations of the latest interview by Nomura, it seems that The Princess of Heart status can be succeeded. Wonder if one specific Princess of Heart succeeded her power to another specific Princess (e.g. Belle to Rapunzel) or if it a randomized process?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If the PoH can be succeeded I wonder if the process will repeat itself at the end of KH3? A third generation of pure hearts could be a plot point of the next saga.

Mansex

I think everyone os over looking a very likely princess.Boo.
Before any of you say she isn't a princess,Alice wasn't either

mytomxxx

Princess Mononoke for PoH ty
225px-Mononoke.jpg

turtleshark

I'm diving in hard and saying that Tiana is happening regardless if New Orleans happens as a world or not. In terms of development timelines and how early voice work started, New Orleans could be one of the last reveals and perhaps in the later stages?

Anika Noni Rose voiced Tiana for a video game back in March 2016. This post is still on her Instagram/Twitter timeline. At the time, she also confirmed that it wasn't for Disney Infinity. Plus, since Tiana is the one who kicked off the new era of Disney Princesses, it'd be really stupid (when Disney has more of a hand in the series no doubt) to leave her out completely I think.

Final food for thought: the presence of swamp assets seen during the data mine that spoiled Monstropolis for us. Could also be from pirates, but that's more jungle than swamp-like from what we've seen.

Moana sounds RAD and I love her, but Disney was well into production of Moana while Square Enix was also in heavy development for KH3 aaaand Disney is that corporate garbage that won't put a film so recent into a game without knowing its outcome/profit/reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back