• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua Quotes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
These are quotes Phantom Aqua said during her fight against Aqua (and taunting prior to that). Aqua admitted the phantom was regurgitating her own feelings and that the darkness has found the cracks in her heart and would soon take over. These are the cracks in Aqua’s heart:

“I want to fade into the darkness.”

“Your bonds of friendship only tie you down.“

“Darkness is destroying the worlds.”

“Only your heart is hallow enough to be a demon’s.”

“You’ll never see the realm of light again.”

“Are you really worthy of being a keyblade master?”

“No one will save you. And no one wants to.”

“Just let go of everything and fade into the darkness.”

“Is there any point in continuing this fight?”

“I couldn’t save Terra.”

“Ven will never wake up.”

“I am no master.”

“I’ll be trapped here forever.”

There MIGHT be more, but I’m not at home right now and I don’t have a save near this fight so… add any if I’m missing any.

I think these will be the same sentiments Aqua will express while the darkness/Xehanort has control over her heart. She might be especially nasty towards Mickey, but I believe these are the core issues they'll have to address to convince Aqua and save her from darkness.

I told a friend some days ago that maybe it will be like the fight against Beast. beating him to a pulp while also talking and trying to snap her out of it. There hasn't really been a fight like that? I mean, TECHNICALLY there has (Sora vs Riku, Aqua vs Venitas, Aqua vs Terranort), but none played out quite like the Beast fight where they were actively trying to snap him out of it with more than just the keyblade. (Or at least, Cogsworth was, "Please Master, please! Compose yourself!" ... hopefully not repetitive like that though...)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Weren't there some extra quotes of Aqua in the concert snippets as well just like Xion and Kairi had?

Maybe those can deliver another clue?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah, I completely forgot about that. This is all I could find:

@momo_krys hasn't translated Aqua's lines, but he says they were pretty much something like "Ven, Terra, become the light that will guide me through the darkness!" He says that it was essentially just her saying that she wanted Ventus and Terra to guide her in her darkness and to become the light that shines her path.

T
he recording of Aqua's voice played while Wave of Darkness played.

Apparently it was very similar to her monologue already in the game and might have been the same or took place at the same time. So, this does seem to be another big clue. Aqua insisted that she would be the light to guide people in the darkness, but here she's saying she wants Ven and Terra to be her light and guide her? No one has officially translated it looks like and that's a darn shame since it might be super important now.

It may take a combination of Ven and Terra do save her after all? Ven is not that hard. He's inside Sora and they look identical save their hair. Terra... well... we have Lingering Will... it can 'talk', but I don't think anyone can understand it. This could tie into Namine telling Terra to get ready to step up and fight cause he's needed as well. It might be especially for something like this.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Honestly these quotes make me wonder how she held out this long in the first place. Anyone would fall under heavy isolation and repeated mental/emotional assaults.

I do hope there are additional quotes out there so we get more of why she makes the decision she makes.

The ones that really get me are:

“No one will save you. And no one wants to.”
“I’ll be trapped here forever.”

Constantly bottling those up and having to forcibly stare them in the face sheesh.

Edit: Before the E3/orchestra revelation many of us thought she'd be saved first as to help the others but its looking like saving Terra/Ven may be the key to saving her from that hopelessness, regret, and abandonment she might have given into

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
She's calling for Ven and Terra in that monologue while "Wave of Darkness" plays as the BGM?
That might be indeed a sort of clue as it would be a total role reversal on her part as so far she was the one poised to help/save Terra and Ven.

Urgh, I just hope this won't mean a prolonged "damsel"-role for Aqua throughout KH 3.

---

The quote “No one will save you. And no one wants to.” is the hardest imo as I certainly wonder what pushed her so far to think this.
Ven and Terra would never give up on her, but damn it if it is connected to Yen Sid and Mickey taking so long to help her.

Yen Sid really deserves a callout for stalling so long with Aqua's rescue. Unlike Ven and Terra, with her they had all tools at hand to at least try it.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Even though Aqua is like this, I don't think it will take too long to save her in the grand scheme of things? I don't know why I have that feeling, but... maybe it's just hopeful thinking.

And I wouldn't exactly call her a damsel in distress. Not a typical one anyway, I don't see her current situation like Ven or Terra's.Saving her isn't like saving Ven or Terra (Ven who is in a coma and literally can't do anything, and Terra whose body is split and his heart is who knows where). Aqua seems to be in control of herself, just extremely twisted and bent out of shape (for understandable reasons), if feels like she just needs to be slapped like Riku a few good times to 'save' her from herself.

I mean, still a damsel in distress. I'm looking up a term for it, but can't really find exactly what I'm thinking about. But close enough:
Defiant Captive - TV Tropes

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You know, in order for Xehanort to host someone else's body, a version of himself would have to turn the said character into a vessel. If I recall correctly, weren't Xemnas and Roxas in the realm of darkness in Kingdom Hearts II briefly? There's the possibility that Xemnas encountered Aqua in a weakened state, and under the guise of being Terra, gave her a fraction of his heart to essentially nort her?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Kira; would BadAss In Distress work for that? Maybe either would work, we'll just have to see when we get more information. ^^

man I spend too long on Tv Tropes..

No, not quite. I think it's more like Damsel out of Distress - TV Tropes , or at least, it was at first. At some point, Aqua was fighting on her own and staving off the inevitable, but now she's actively fighting against the people trying to rescue her because she's been twisted. What would you call such a situation? (even though it's technically a damsel in distress). Maybe Unwanted Rescue - TV Tropes

You know, in order for Xehanort to host someone else's body, a version of himself would have to turn the said character into a vessel. If I recall correctly, weren't Xemnas and Roxas in the realm of darkness in Kingdom Hearts II briefly? There's the possibility that Xemnas encountered Aqua in a weakened state, and under the guise of being Terra, gave her a fraction of his heart to essentially nort her?

We saw Aqua post KH2 and she was 'fine'. Unless Xemnas went back there post KH2 to get her, I don't see how that would happen. I think Xehanort would have just as much trouble finding her in the dark realm as the key peeps, the only edge Xehanort has is using Terra's spirit/ghost thing as a lure, which has tricked Aqua before. But after the first time, I don't think Aqua would fall for that... not unless she was just THAT desperate.

I'd also like to reiterate, whatever happened, I highly doubt Aqua fell to darkness willingly.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
No, not quite. I think it's more like Damsel out of Distress - TV Tropes , or at least, it was at first. At some point, Aqua was fighting on her own and staving off the inevitable, but now she's actively fighting against the people trying to rescue her because she's been twisted. What would you call such a situation? (even though it's technically a damsel in distress). Maybe Unwanted Rescue - TV Tropes

We saw Aqua post KH2 and she was 'fine'. Unless Xemnas went back there post KH2 to get her, I don't see how that would happen. I think Xehanort would have just as much trouble finding her in the dark realm as the key peeps, the only edge Xehanort has is using Terra's spirit/ghost thing as a lure, which has tricked Aqua before. But after the first time, I don't think Aqua would fall for that... not unless she was just THAT desperate.

I'd definitely lean more towards "unwanted rescue" she's probably through waiting for Mickey to come back. Honestly Yen Sid and Mickey severely dropped the ball with this one. I get that they didn't want to haphazardly go running into the Realm of Darkness but that's quite a while to be cautious. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to "convince" her to come back to the light. I don't want to call it rescuing necessarily, more like reconciling maybe? There's still a lot we don't know of how she got the way she is, it could have been a takeover by Xehanort, corruption by the darkness, or she could have given in on her own after being fed up with fighting (most likely one of the former options though)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'd also like to reiterate, whatever happened, I highly doubt Aqua fell to darkness willingly.
We don’t know how long it takes for someone to start showing signs of the nortification process, and time in the realm of darknesses does run differently.

A theory thrown out between my friends and myself was Aqua did pass out when Terra and Xehanort visited her in Enchanted Dominion in 0.2. We thought that maybe she could have been inflicted then, since then next cut is her somehow now floating down in darkness.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
We don’t know how long it takes for someone to start showing signs of the nortification process, and time in the realm of darknesses does run differently.

A theory thrown out between my friends and myself was Aqua did pass out when Terra and Xehanort visited her in Enchanted Dominion in 0.2. We thought that maybe she could have been inflicted then, since then next cut is her somehow now floating down in darkness.

I had that theory as well actually. It was a strange cut, but he was was kind of chained up by Terra. I wondered if he really had the opportunity to do anything to her.

Hirokey123

Awards
So here is a thought...maybe Aqua was Norted in BBS but simply had the memory of it erased? In DDD there was a strange memory Sora had that was unexplained. It starts off with his memory of meeting Aqua as a child, then suddenly Aqua vanishes before his very eyes and AnsemSoD is suddenly standing there, before we can see more Sora is seemingly ripped from the memory.

We know AnsemSoD was the only other Nort who could actively time travel so here is an idea.... AnsemSoD used child Riku as a stopping point to appear on DI during Sora and Riku's first meeting with Aqua. One way or another he took her with him to his present where she was then given a piece of Xehanort's heart. But the time sort of force corrected itself with the time came so Aqua appeared right back in front of Sora and Riku as if she never left, and the memory of it was erased from her mind as well as Sora and Riku's so as to preserve the "destined flow" of time.

So in reality Aqua's had a piece of Xehanort in her ever since she met those two boys but because of her strong light it wasn't able to blossom, that is until she was worn down by her ordeals and time in the realm of darkness. So when she finally gives into the darkness the Nort seed planted so long ago finally sprouts and boom Aquanort becomes a thing.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
So here is a thought...maybe Aqua was Norted in BBS but simply had the memory of it erased? In DDD there was a strange memory Sora had that was unexplained. It starts off with his memory of meeting Aqua as a child, then suddenly Aqua vanishes before his very eyes and AnsemSoD is suddenly standing there, before we can see more Sora is seemingly ripped from the memory.

We know AnsemSoD was the only other Nort who could actively time travel so here is an idea.... AnsemSoD used child Riku as a stopping point to appear on DI during Sora and Riku's first meeting with Aqua. One way or another he took her with him to his present where she was then given a piece of Xehanort's heart. But the time sort of force corrected itself with the time came so Aqua appeared right back in front of Sora and Riku as if she never left, and the memory of it was erased from her mind as well as Sora and Riku's so as to preserve the "destined flow" of time.

So in reality Aqua's had a piece of Xehanort in her ever since she met those two boys but because of her strong light it wasn't able to blossom, that is until she was worn down by her ordeals and time in the realm of darkness. So when she finally gives into the darkness the Nort seed planted so long ago finally sprouts and boom Aquanort becomes a thing.

Ah, I remember that scene. It was weird.

When Sora snaps out of that, Xigbar complains that "He almost woke you up." I assumed they were trying to stop Sora from remembering something, so AnsemSoD stepped in to stop Sora from digging too far and recalling something crucial or remembering who Aqua was or that conversation. It wasn't the first time AnsemSoD was doing something weird. He also approached Sora when he was nothing but a robe and pushed Sora deeper

Sorakh212

Awards
Interesting find and thanks for making that point and for bringing these up. Upon first viewing that trailer or when we first see that reveal I had a hunch initially that the Aquanort we see in that trailer might actually in fact be the very same boss we foight in 2.8, there are various examples already of clones duplicates and just copies of preexisting characters existing some of which play crucial roles throughout the series, and some of these quotes help strengthen that hunch or theory especially if you pay close attention to the details in these quotes and trailer somewhat. It's a lot of what Aqua doubts, fears, is insecure about, and just her darkest self in a sense which would explain a lot if you think about it. It's possible the real Aqua we know and love might actually have ultimately succumbed to the darkness, or maybe Xehanort wormed his way into her somehow, but Aqua has always seemed more capable to me than that or at least she wouldn't go down so easily imo.
Guess we'll just have to waits and see to be sure, but I still think there's more going on than meets the eye or with what we've seen so far at least anyways.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If Aqua has been norted/fallen to darkness, it wasn't easily. She's been down there for the equivalent of 10-12 years. Non-stop fighting. Haunted by her own memories. Etc etc.

If Aqua was taken down, it was after a very long and very hard struggle. This is the Dark Realm we're talking about here. She had no protective whatsoever. Not even Xehanort would dare to spend that much time in the dark realm naked.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not even Xehanort would dare to spend that much time in the dark realm naked.

Exactly, even Xehanort, the man who's probably the most skilled dope Darkness-dabbler of the universe right now, deemed it "unwise" to spend lengthy amounts of time in the RoD without proper protection measures.

Another argument to throw at Yen Sid's and Mickey's feet against keeping still for so long.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
So...one thing that was getting at me was what could possibly drive Aqua to give in to the darkness. It is obvious from the quotes that she has a lot of doubts, and it seems likely that picking at those would eventually cause her to unravel.

But one thing that got me to thinking was actually the fact that from Blank Points we know that she considers Sora and Riku to be the hope in saving the world. She knows they are both out there, trying to protect the light (either by saving them herself or hearing about it via Ansem). I would think that Aqua is banking a lot of her remaining shreds of hope on those two.

Here's the problem: she is kind of ignorant about a lot of what's been happening out in the world (not her fault, but...yeah). I mean, would she even know what a Nobody is? Or even know about Replicas? What if Xehanort tricks her out by showing her Vanitas and Repliku and somehow convinces her that he already got the two of them on his side so there is literally no hope left for her. (Granted, we have no idea if Repliku is even on Team Nort but this is just a crazy theory anyway)

But Aqua never saw Vanitas' face, right? She wouldn't know that he isn't Sora necessarily and she would have no idea there is a replica Riku running around still using the darkness (I assume). If he convinces her about that, she might just throw in the towel, especially if he offers her a chance to get out of the darkness finally.

I mean, depending on their acting skills if you have a body double why not try to use it, right?

Back