• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura talks Final Fantasy characters, Cooking with Remy, Aqua's Reveal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Gameinformer had the opportunity to interview Tetsuya Nomura about KINGDOM HEARTS 3 at E3 2018. In previous articles, they discussed other worlds still waiting to be revealed and the possibility of DLC.

Continuing on from that, they asked about whether or not Final Fantasy characters will make an appearance in this highly anticipated title. Although Kingdom Hearts began as a Disney x Square Enix collaboration, there are now many other crossover games where Final Fantasy characters gather together. While he can’t discuss any characters that have yet to be revealed, he feels that it’s not as big of a necessity to bring them together, eapecially in comparison to when he was working on the first title. But as always, he hopes fans will look forward to information coming in the future.

They also asked about the newly revealed Pixar character: Remy from Ratatouille! While many were under the impression that Remy is a link summon, he is actually featured in a minigame. Players will collect ingredients throughout the worlds and bring them to the little rat in order to create a full-course meal. Succeeding in the minigame nets you various status increases for a period of time, whereas nothing will happen if you fail.

Nomura was also surprised by the reactions to the Frozen trailer. The world was supposed to be the big reveal, but fans were arguably more riled up over Aqua falling to the darkness. Of course he knows everything that will happen in the game, so that reveal is of no surprise. Nomura teases even bigger surprises that await players in Kingdom Hearts 3. 

Read the full interview on Gameinformer.

Leaferian

Awards
Re: Nomura talks Final Fantasy characters, Cooking with Remy, Aqua

More surprising than Aquanort? I dunno if my heart can take it! Time to become Leaferinort.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

The characters things is interesting I wonder what he means

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I'm calling it now but one of the surprises is so gonna be that Terra is 100% gonna end up not being Norted anymore and is gonna have to be the one to save Aquanort and, by extention, Ventus. It's fitting for his arc and plays into the last words we hear from him/Lingering Sentiment in KH2 & BBS. Not to mention how he was already fitting back against Norty-kun rather well during the time of KH1. Maybe they'll actually be able to write Terra well this time.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Nomura talks Final Fantasy characters, Cooking with Remy, Aqua‘s Reveal

I wonder if Lightning in Olympus is still a possibility? If not Olympus hopefully a guard at Radiant Garden.

Also please let Kairi be one of the playable characters.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Re: Nomura talks Final Fantasy characters, Cooking with Remy, Aqua�s Reveal

And they say people don't care about the story lol It's a mess but we all still love it, mostly for the characters. And Aqua has been a fan-favorite for a while now with the plus of getting her own game. So I'm not surprised this would get people riled up. Plus, it was genuinely unexpected and adds some interesting conflict to the story knowing what Aqua's role.

Leaferian

Awards

I wonder if Lightning in Olympus is still a possibility? If not Olympus hopefully a guard at Radiant Garden.
That would be nice. I wouldn't be shocked to see her in Arendelle either actually... female focused story, and she could totally have a bunch of lines complaining about another annoying ice user she knows. :p

Xagzan

Awards

I just wonder if everyone will be okay.

tumblr_nnj8yyCDLQ1s2wenvo7_400.gif

Lol Nomura's pretty clueless when it comes to fan reactions to Aqua, huh?

Lonbilly

Awards

Lol Nomura's pretty clueless when it comes to fan reactions to Aqua, huh?

Wasn't there an interview where he said he was surprised she was so popular considering she was the only non-clone/least connected to any of the original cast? And now here she is, a Xehanort clone. Oh, how the turned tables.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

That would be nice. I wouldn't be shocked to see her in Arendelle either actually... female focused story, and she could totally have a bunch of lines complaining about another annoying ice user she knows. :p
Lightning would look cute in winter clothes, lol.
I'm calling it now but one of the surprises is so gonna be that Terra is 100% gonna end up not being Norted anymore and is gonna have to be the one to save Aquanort and, by extention, Ventus. It's fitting for his arc and plays into the last words we hear from him/Lingering Sentiment in KH2 & BBS. Not to mention how he was already fitting back against Norty-kun rather well during the time of KH1. Maybe they'll actually be able to write Terra well this time.
I actually had the same thought of Terra being free from Xehanort a few months ago. If Aqua, Repliku, and Ventus are the last three members then there isn't any need for Terranort is there? Which means we get to see him and Riku interact :)

UltimaXOmega

He said the reason for the delay was the original reason date would have been bad timing?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

I've noticed that Nomura and someone else connected to the game has specifically said, "Aqua has fallen to darkness". Is being Norted really the equivalent to falling to darkness? I mean sure, falling to darkness can lead to being Norted obviously, but, I dunno. Why not explicitly say "Aqua succumbed to Xehanort" or something?

If Aqua is not norted, maybe the yellow eyes aren't unique to Xehanort after all? Back when we saw the first footage of young Xehanort and Eraqus playing chess, I noted that it didn't look like Xehanort's eyes were gold, or that gold was mixed in with brown. And we know from the Xehanort reports that Xehanort purposely exposed himself to the darkness at some points during his life.

Could the golden eyes and possibly pointy ears actually be a sign of darkness and not just Xehanort? This would totally explain Braig's transformation by the end of Birth by Sleep because I'm pretty sure Braig was NOT norted yet when he and Aqua fought and yet he had golden eyes (and possibly pointy ears, I don't remember)

But I thought Nomura explicitly said the eyes and ears were unique to Xehanort, or maybe I'm misremembering.

Sdog

Awards

Well when it comes to Frozen everyone was expecting it lol. Specially after the you know what those months back...

Lonbilly

Awards

I actually had the same thought of Terra being free from Xehanort a few months ago. If Aqua, Repliku, and Ventus are the last three members then there isn't any need for Terranort is there? Which means we get to see him and Riku interact :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks so. And as much as I love my girl Aqua, Terra is in desperate need of some character development and shining character moments, considering his scenario was pretty much filled with him failing at every turn and only screwing up Xehanort's plans SLIGHTLY at the end (whereas Ven and Aqua actually stopped/did the most damage to Xehanort's plans).

Plus a Riku/Terra reunion sounds hella dope and I'm all in for it.

I've noticed that Nomura and someone else connected to the game has specifically said, "Aqua has fallen to darkness". Is being Norted really the equivalent to falling to darkness? I mean sure, falling to darkness can lead to being Norted obviously, but, I dunno. Why not explicitly say "Aqua succumbed to Xehanort" or something?

If Aqua is not norted, maybe the yellow eyes aren't unique to Xehanort after all? Back when we saw the first footage of young Xehanort and Eraqus playing chess, I noted that it didn't look like Xehanort's eyes were gold, or that gold was mixed in with brown. And we know from the Xehanort reports that Xehanort purposely exposed himself to the darkness at some points during his life.

Could the golden eyes and possibly pointy ears actually be a sign of darkness and not just Xehanort? This would totally explain Braig's transformation by the end of Birth by Sleep because I'm pretty sure Braig was NOT norted yet when he and Aqua fought and yet he had golden eyes (and possibly pointy ears, I don't remember)

But I thought Nomura explicitly said the eyes and ears were unique to Xehanort, or maybe I'm misremembering.

I mean tbh if they really wanna throw everyone for a loop, Aqua could somehow be under the control of someone who isn't Xehanort and we (as well as the heroes) are simply supposed to believe she is. We still have no idea who, what, where and how MoM and Luxu tie directly into KH3 outside of the box but I could see a possible connection there (especially since time runs differently in the RoD, who's to say someone from the Chi era ISN'T running around there like Aqua as well?)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

...he feels that it's not as big of a necessity to bring them together, eapecially in comparison to when he was working on the first title. But as always, he hopes fans will look forward to information coming in the future.

It's true that we have our much larger set of original castmates to concern ourselves with now that the series has been so successful, but he has to attribute that success in no small part to the perfect marriage of Disney AND Final Fantasy. It's not like I don't think we're not getting any (new) FF characters for III anyways, because I totally think he's yanking our chain with his flippant reply.

And if he's not Remy's the Iggy we'll never get.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

He said the reason for the delay was the original reason date would have been bad timing?
Where did he say that?

Lonbilly

Awards

Remy's the Iggy we'll never get.

Now I know what DLC Nomura has planned for KH3.

hKxZfMt.jpg

Nukara

Awards

And they say people don't care about the story lol It's a mess but we all still love it, mostly for the characters. And Aqua has been a fan-favorite for a while now with the plus of getting her own game. So I'm not surprised this would get people riled up. Plus, it was genuinely unexpected and adds some interesting conflict to the story knowing what Aqua's role.

Well, I would say so. For if people did not like the story at all. There would not be such a huge number of theories.

Laurel

Awards

Heartless have yellow eyes too (I think all of them do), so perhaps yellow eyes is not just connected to Xehanort but darkness overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back