• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

With 7 months left, it's possible they have a bit longer before the voice acting is finished but it's hard for me to imagine Kairi doesn't have any English voiced lines yet.

Sdog

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

We'll find out soon enough y'all. Lets not blow up these girls twitter accounts who more than likely aren't even supposed to be talking about this anyway.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

We'll find out soon enough y'all. Lets not blow up these girls twitter accounts who more than likely aren't even supposed to be talking about this anyway.
agreed with this but i utlamty think they need someone they could do xion voice while voice kairi and since alyson does xion and kairi voice i think they went with her

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I think it's quite suspect that Keith David did the narration for Square's conference!

Awards

What're the odds they'll get Bill Nighy back for Davey Jones? He seems to do a lot of video game VA work.

That Scottish accent is just so distinct. None of the Davey Jones fill-ins I've heard are that good.

ImVentus

Awards

Is Idina doing Elsa or is it a very convincing impersonator?

WhinyAcademic

Awards

Yeah, whoever is voicing Jack is doing an amazing job at doing Depp. I severely doubt that’s him, but it sounds so damn good.

Is Idina doing Elsa or is it a very convincing impersonator?

I will be very surprised if that isn’t Idina.

What're the odds they'll get Bill Nighy back for Davey Jones? He seems to do a lot of video game VA work.

That Scottish accent is just so distinct. None of the Davey Jones fill-ins I've heard are that good.

I think Nighy came back for Disney Infinity, so I’d say it’s a safe bet that he’d be back for this.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

This alongside whether Square can find a good Leonard Nimoy impersonator are my largest concerns with KH3.

Jack sounded fine to me. When you have to try to any degree to tell if it's the original or not, it's good enough.

sonickenshin

Awards

Elsa has a similar voice texture, but it is higher in places. It's probably a different person.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Yeah, whoever is voicing Jack is doing an amazing job at doing Depp. I severely doubt that’s him, but it sounds so damn good.
I believe that's Jared Butler who's voicing Jack Sparrow and not James Arnold Taylor who previously voiced Jack in Kingdom Hearts II. Jared has become the official voice for Jack Sparrow in the video games when Johnny Depp is unavailable having done so in the At World's End video game, Pirates of the Caribbean Online and the Disney INFINITY games. Speaking of INFINITY, Jared also voiced Tonto and the Mad Hatter (Tim Burton's version) all of which were played by Johnny Depp from the films.

Elsa has a similar voice texture, but it is higher in places. It's probably a different person.
I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Idina Menzel voicing Elsa in Kingdom Hearts III. I remember there was an app, technically a storybook app called Disney Princess: Royal Celebration where Anna and Elsa were guest characters in the Frozen portion and Elsa was voiced by someone else in place of Idina Menzel. In fact, this was the ONLY time that Idina didn't voice Elsa, as she pretty much has been the voice of Elsa in most of her appearances including the Disney Infinity games, the Lego Frozen tv special, the shorts (Frozen Fever, Olaf's Frozen Adventure) and every Frozen related merchandising along with the forthcoming films, Ralph Breaks the Internet and Frozen 2

[video=youtube;KGKBXN08Fl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGKBXN08Fl8[/video]

It will depend on Idina's current schedule cause even though she doesn't have a tour until the Fall, it will largely depend if Disney/Square Enix asks her first and IF she's available to do it, so we shall see.

The same thing happened when Olivia Wilde reprised her role as Quorra (Tron: Legacy) in the Tron: Evolution game and an episode of Tron: Uprising but was unable to reprise the role in Dream Drop Distance and Disney INFINITY 3.0 where instead she was voiced by Erin Cotrell.

Last edited:

ActingDude17

As a theatre professional who has listened to Idina's voice for hundreds of hours over the past twelve or so years and seen her live, I can say with 99% confidence the KH3 VA is not her. Even in Menzel's Frozen work you can hear traces of her Long Island dialect, which are completely absent from what we heard in the recent KH trailer.

I'm torn on whether Anna's voiced by Kristen Bell. Hard to say.

Highly doubtful that they got Depp for Sparrow. Whoever's doing it has pretty good diction and tone but the rhythm and speech patterns are a bit off.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Highly doubtful that they got Depp for Sparrow. Whoever's doing it has pretty good diction and tone but the rhythm and speech patterns are a bit off.
Sounds like Kristen Bell, in fact she has been the voice for Anna in not just the film but in all the Frozen related merchandising, so I doubt she would be recast by someone else.

For Jack Sparrow, I'm pretty sure it's Jared Butler who seems to be taking over the role of Jack this time and not James Arnold Taylor who previously voiced Jack Sparrow in Kingdom Hearts II. Jared has become the official voice for Jack Sparrow in the video games when Johnny Depp is unavailable having done so in the At World's End video game, Pirates of the Caribbean Online and the Disney INFINITY games.

Last edited:
Awards

Pretty sure that's Kristen Bell.

I've rewatched Veronica Mars so many times over the years and the Good Place.

If it isn't her then they got a damn good replacement.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Tasha Sounart offers some insight on casting for Pixar character voices.

Hi! Good question. Disney Character Voices handles all the casting for the Pixar characters. I know for any side projects, we are required to go to the original voice actors first. They have "first right of refusal".

Only if the original voice actor refuses, then we go to a sound-alike. Some actors never do any side project stuff, some do all of it, some are 50/50.

Back