• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

U16870n.jpg

Well, this is depressing news to wake up to...

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

Wow....that kinda sucks. I was hoping she'd come back....

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i mean why are your suripse the voice dorection of kairi in in 0.2 is a big clue they going with a differnt direction

Alja

Still clinging to the hope that they just messed up Kairi so much she has few lines and they just didn't ask Hayden yet because there's still time... ha... ha... haha... goddammit. I never thought I would hope for Kairi to have few lines but please I want Hayden back :( I would be okay with her not returning because of conflicting schedules or for her health, but if they didn't even ask her? That is a low blow.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

How about we ask Alyson as well if Kairi's lines are done or if she's allow to talk about, we don't know for sure if Kairi has few lines or not, I get everyone thinks sh'es been 'screwed over, but how about re ask both VAs first a, not just Hayden.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Still clinging to the hope that they just messed up Kairi so much she has few lines and they just didn't ask Hayden yet because there's still time... ha... ha... haha... goddammit. I never thought I would hope for Kairi to have few lines but please I want Hayden back :( I would be okay with her not returning because of conflicting schedules or for her health, but if they didn't even ask her? That is a low blow.

What concerns me the most is that this game may provide her with a lot of dialogue because a lot of signs are pointing to her being the second playable character.

I guess the extended trailer for Square Enix's E3 Showcase will be the deciding factor of it all, but I'm not holding any hope at this point. :frown:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i mean it isnt end of i know it disssspointed it happens eveybody should seen it coming with 0.2 the fact they with a differnt voice in 0.2 for kairi is a big indication hayden not coming as kairi

Alja

What concerns me the most is that this game may provide her with a lot of dialogue because a lot of signs are pointing to her being the second playable character.

I guess the extended trailer for Square Enix's E3 Showcase will be the deciding factor of it all, but I'm not holding any hope at this point. :frown:
I thought so too until I saw that the box text seems to hint at Riku as second playable character again... :/ Though I wouldn't know why this secret about the second character if it's truly just Riku *still keeping her hopes up*

Again, Alyson is also the voice of Kairi too for RE:COM, Days, and 0.2, ask her too before going to Hayden.
But Hayden did Xion in BBS and DDD according to the wiki. They covered for each other at multiple occasions so it makes sense for me to ask Hayden for Kairi first, especially if Kairi is the one with more lines (which should be a given, I think it is unlikely Xion will return before the end and/or have lots of lines - if she had more, I'd understand them going with Alyson even though I believe they should ask both of them to return for their respective character).
And as far as I recall, Hayden couldn't reprise Kairi in 0.2 because of her health, so it's kind of a special circumstance than just "eh let's go with Alyson".

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I thought so too until I saw that the box text seems to hint at Riku as second playable character again... :/ Though I wouldn't know why this secret about the second character if it's truly just Riku *still keeping her hopes up*

But Hayden did Xion in BBS and DDD according to the wiki. They covered for each other at multiple occasions so it makes sense for me to ask Hayden for Kairi first, especially if Kairi is the one with more lines (which should be a given, I think it is unlikely Xion will return before the end and/or have lots of lines - if she had more, I'd understand them going with Alyson even though I believe they should ask both of them to return for their respective character).
And as far as I recall, Hayden couldn't reprise Kairi in 0.2 because of her health, so it's kind of a special circumstance than just "eh let's go with Alyson".
i mean i think the who the second playable chartacther today at square showcase nad i thin it kairi if it riku oh well

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

But in any soutation, you ask both VAs, never one. I get people want no demand Kairi attention but so far, we don't know outside that trailer at the event Saturda night. Asking both should have covered both bases

Also Wikis can be edited, ed we have proof in the credits of BBS and DDD but that's more sourceful using the games Credits than wikis

Alja

But in any soutation, you ask both VAs, never one. I get people want no demand Kairi attention but so far, we don't know outside that trailer at the event Saturda night. Asking both should have covered both bases

Also Wikis can be edited, ed we have proof in the credits of BBS and DDD but that's more sourceful using the games Credits than wikis
I think asking Hayden for Kairi's lines foremost without asking Alyson at the same time about those same lines makes perfect sense since she is the original one. I get it when you stop asking Brittany Snow for Naminé's lines once she declines, but Hayden returned when she didn't have scheduling conflicts/health problems, so it doesn't seem like she outright declined doing voice work for her and as such she should be the first one asked about any Kairi involvement.
And I know that wikis aren't the best proof but I can't personally check the credits right now so I give source of what I can check at the moment

ImVentus

Awards

It sure is a low point if they didn't even reach out to her.

Happy to say that as soon as Shanelle started speaking, she quickly regained her sass and bitchy attitude. Gave me some very strong RCOM feels

HJO sounded to me improved in Toy Box. So far in the Frozen world he sounds like he's trying too hard. Although I thought he sounded fine in his conversation with Elsa.

Willa is back as gloomy Aqua:frown:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i feel there a diffenrt reason for alyson stoner perhapes there going to be scene with lea where he images xion in kairi and need someone to her voice while doing kairi

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I think asking Hayden for Kairi's lines foremost without asking Alyson at the same time about those same lines makes perfect sense since she is the original one. I get it when you stop asking Brittany Snow for Naminé's lines once she declines, but Hayden returned when she didn't have scheduling conflicts/health problems, so it doesn't seem like she outright declined doing voice work for her and as such she should be the first one asked about any Kairi involvement.
And I know that wikis aren't the best proof but I can't personally check the credits right now so I give source of what I can check at the moment

The games are on TY, cutscene wise, no excuse on that.

Alja

Wow seriously? Chill out geez.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

It sure is a low point if they didn't even reach out to her.

That's what frustrates me the most about all this. I respect Alyson's work, she's talented, but to not inform Kairi's original voice actor about Kairi returning seems like such a disservice more than anything else.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

That's what frustrates me the most about all this. I respect Alyson's work, she's talented, but to not inform Kairi's original voice actor about Kairi returning seems like such a disservice more than anything else.
maybe they didnt want to inform her because they decided to go differnt dirrection with kairi after all 0.2 is part of kh3

Back