• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The values of tattoos Axel.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukara

Awards
One of the questions that often tormented me, what do "inverted tears" mean under Axel's eyes and why did they disappear when he became human? Is there any sense in them? This tatu or these "tears" appeared right after it became nobody? Also obscure are the dark strokes around his eyes. This too tatu then why did not they disappear when Axel became Lea? Or is it some kind of makeup?

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Not sure if it actually has a meaning or if it's just meant to look cool, but Axel is based off of FF7's Reno (who shares a VA and some mannerisms/personality traits). Axel's tattoos are probably just meant to be complimentary to Reno's.

I think they removed them from DDD!Lea to visually signal that he's not really Axel now, and because BBS!Lea didn't have them. Up until DDD, I'd assumed Lea/Axel just got a tattoo between BBS and CoM but as of DDD I'm not really sure what to think about that.

And yes, he has winged eyeliner, not an eye tattoo.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It was almost certainly a small difference he had while being a Nobody.

These non-beings: "Nobodies."A great number of Nobodies have lost human form, as have the Heartless. Yet the Nobody born of someone with a strong heart retains its shape, with but the faintest visible changes. - Secret Ansem's Report 7

Tempo

Awards
i'd say he either A. gained them upon, or B. gave himself facial tattoos sometime after, becoming a nobody. Either way, when he was reverted to human form, his body "reset" to how it was before he lost his heart (which begs a whole host of questions about whether nobodies can physically age or not tbh)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
(which begs a whole host of questions about whether nobodies can physically age or not tbh)

It doesn't, really. Nobodies do age, Ienzo got transformed when he was a kid and Zexion is a young man. Same with Lea who was a teenager in BbS while Axel is an adult, Xigbar exhibiting grey hair and so on. We know for certain the six apprentices lost their hearts nine years prior KH1, and their Nobody versions are physically older.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
It doesn't, really. Nobodies do age, Ienzo got transformed when he was a kid and Zexion is a young man. Same with Lea who was a teenager in BbS while Axel is an adult, Xigbar exhibiting grey hair and so on. We know for certain the six apprentices lost their hearts nine years prior KH1, and their Nobody versions are physically older.

Famitsu said:
About how old is Xemnas?

Nomura: Nobodies don’t age; they exist as they were at the time of becoming a Nobody. He seems about 30 years old?

Nomura said that Nobodies don't age (physically at least, but clearly not mentally). But that was between Days and BBS. I wonder if he's thrown that out the window, because it was only ever mentioned in an random interview, and Ienzo in BBS is clearly not even close to the same age as Zexion in CoM. Terra wasn't in his 30's either; he was roughly in his early twenties.

With Xigbar at least, I had thought that the gray hair had something to do with Xehanort's influence -- that his hair was turning white.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
(which begs a whole host of questions about whether nobodies can physically age or not tbh)

Famitsu said:
About how old is Xemnas?

Nomura: Nobodies don’t age; they exist as they were at the time of becoming a Nobody. He seems about 30 years old?

Nomura said that Nobodies don't age (physically at least, but clearly not mentally). But that was between Days and BBS. I wonder if he's thrown that out the window, because it was only ever mentioned in an random interview, and Ienzo in BBS is clearly not even close to the same age as Zexion in CoM. Terra wasn't in his 30's either; he was roughly in his early twenties.

With Xigbar at least, I had thought that the gray hair had something to do with Xehanort's influence -- that his hair was turning white.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Yeah, that's... if he still acts like that's canon, then he's being very inconsistent with himself, as the series shows clearly a different story.
Braig can be due to being a Nort, and I guess people like Even or Aeleus don't show a lot of changes, but Ienzo is a stark examples of Nobodies aging. At the very least Ienzo got turned around the fall of Hollow Bastion.

Unless what Nomura is saying is that they didn't become Nobodies until basically KH1 era: it's very curious he would say Xemnas is around 30 years old when clearly that's not how old Terra (and so Terranort as well) is.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

KH3D makes it very clear, though, that the Nobodies slowly began to have budding hearts, nurtured by interaction with other beings. The body strongly desires to have a heart so a budding heart will grow to replace the one that was lost.

This opens them up to aging, feeling emotions, and other things that are enabled by having a heart.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Yeah, that's... if he still acts like that's canon, then he's being very inconsistent with himself, as the series shows clearly a different story.
Braig can be due to being a Nort, and I guess people like Even or Aeleus don't show a lot of changes, but Ienzo is a stark examples of Nobodies aging. At the very least Ienzo got turned around the fall of Hollow Bastion.

Unless what Nomura is saying is that they didn't become Nobodies until basically KH1 era: it's very curious he would say Xemnas is around 30 years old when clearly that's not how old Terra (and so Terranort as well) is.

I guess we don't have a timeline on when they became Nobodies, but I really doubt they waited 10 years. I can buy that they waited maybe a year or two after the fall of Hollow Bastion -- to focus on creating the Emblem Heartless perhaps or any other kind of research -- but they would've needed to establish Organization XIII, the Castle, find the rest of the members, etc. which they couldn't have done by the time Days began. If that's what he was saying, I don't buy that either.

I think that maybe this was something Nomura had intended to be a canon fact at the time, but decided against it as he was developing BBS and DDD, or it was always just meant to be a throwaway statement that he didn't pay much attention to later.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Are we sure they are teardrops? I've been under the impression they are just design markings for the character. Every Wikia says teardrops, but is that what they really are? Does anyone recall any mention of this in-game perhaps?

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Are we sure they are teardrops? I've been under the impression they are just design markings for the character. Every Wikia says teardrops, but is that what they really are? Does anyone recall any mention of this in-game perhaps?

They are teardrop or water-drop shaped.

152721423970675754.jpg

His tattoos are never mentioned in games -- he does touch his cheek in DDD when realizing he's human now, which might imply it just appeared when he became a Nobody. But that's as far as it's ever been acknowledged, and I don't think Nomura has ever said anything either (just that Axel was heavily inspired by Reno, who also has face tattoos).

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I think becoming a Nobody just automatically changes a random physical attribute in you.

Yeah, DarkosOverlord already quoted a report that says this exact thing. It still doesn't really answer the question of what (if anything) it was supposed to mean.

In the case of Saix, his X scar was absolutely not something that just appeared given what we know of Xehanort's possession of Saix and the significance of the recusant sigil. Some of the others (such as Xigbar's hair) are more up in the air.

D

Deleted member 235902

They disappeared when he was recompleted because they're only a feature of his Nobody. Nobodies can have slight differences from their original selves. Xigbar has longer hair than Braig, Dilan has neater hair than Xaldin, Namine has blonde hair while Kairi has red hair, etc.

Axel has markings under his eyes while Lea does not. It's just an attribute of his Nobody.

Secret Ansem's Report 10: "Yet the Nobody born of someone with a strong heart retains its shape, with but the faintest visible changes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back