• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Marvel Cinematic Universe - RIP Chadwick Boseman

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite MCU film?

• Iron Man

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Iron Man 2

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thor

• Captain America: The First Avenger

• The Avengers

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Iron Man 3

• Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
you actually got mad at me for discussing a trailer because i may have spoiled the movie on accident, my comment wasnt addressed entirely at you but i meant it as more of a general statement because some people like myself want to go into the movie knowing as little as possible, AoU’s trailer spoiled vision. the BvS trailer spoiled doomsday. trailers nowadays have gained this ill habit of revealing too much as a hook to get people to buy tickets, especially for comic movies. i didnt invest 10 years of my life into the franchise for a 2 minute trailer to lessen the payoff.

Alright, but isn't this whole thread a danger zone to-be-avoided then? should it freeze until the movie is on or what is the solution?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Alright, but isn't this whole thread a danger zone to-be-avoided then? should it freeze until the movie is on or what is the solution?
all i suggested was that people be a tad more considerate and give some kind of warning that they’re posting something from the film beforehand, if i knew that was so radical i wouldn’t have made the post in the first place but hey; i guess this is khi so consider me made aware of the situation, see you peeps after i see the movie

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The poll could use some updating. Recently saw Thor Raganork and loved it. So many humorous parts in the movie.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
The poll could use some updating. Recently saw Thor Raganork and loved it. So many humorous parts in the movie.

Agreed. I'm not sure who could do that, but it's needed. Though maybe polls are not well used these days..?

And I should probably start watching my MCU marathon before IW comes out! :O

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
So homecoming isn't in the poll. Really should be updated.
Homecoming was the only good MCU movie followed by Civil war but only because Spider-Man was in it

Recon

Art of War
Awards
And I should probably start watching my MCU marathon before IW comes out! :O

Same and I've started. I've been renting them from redbox these past couple weeks. I'm going by the timeline order.

Roxie1563

Awards
Same and I've started. I've been renting them from redbox these past couple weeks. I'm going by the timeline order.

Nice! And I'm doing the same as well by watching Captain America: The First Avenger all the way to Thor: Ragnarok since the Post Scene leads into Infinity War.

Where are you at right now, my friend?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Nice! And I'm doing the same as well by watching Captain America: The First Avenger all the way to Thor: Ragnarok since the Post Scene leads into Infinity War.

Where are you at right now, my friend?

I watched Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man II and recently (out of order) Raganork since I heard it was so good. I'm just chugging along with 1 movie every few nights.

Phase 1 by this source.

Roxie1563

Awards
I watched Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man II and recently (out of order) Raganork since I heard it was so good. I'm just chugging along with 1 movie every few nights.

Phase 1 by this source.

That's an interesting source, but I prefer going by chronological order because it makes sense to me, you know?

I haven't even started because I'm getting my stuff done here. xD Hopefully, I can remedy that soon!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Saw Black Panther today. There's some delicious irony to Andy Serkis playing a live action character in the MCU of all franchises. Kind of a shame they killed him off. Marvel, could you at least let some bad guys live so we can get a damn Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts eventually going?

Roxie1563

Awards
So, I just finished up my MCU marathon last night with Thor: Ragnarok, considering the post scene leads into Infinity War which will be the biggest event ever since Marvel's The Avengers!

Of course, it'd be nice to have Black Panther in my collection since I just found out Spider-Man: Homecoming mentioned Vibranium as one of the answers to what Liz asked to the others on the way to Washington, D.C. So, in order: Civil War, Black Panther, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Dr. Strange, and Thor: Ragnarok then Infinity War.

That probably will change as soon as we find out where Ant-Man and the Waps ends up in that order.

Anyway, time for Infinity War!! :D

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I just came back from seeing Infinity War a few hours ago. In hopes of not over hyping the movie and also not giving anything away, this is all I'll say: It's good. I liked it.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I had the whole movie spoiled for me and I still plan on going to see it Friday.
Have to see it for myself.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Watched it last night. The whole last 10 minutes or so had me go holy shit. They juggled the casts pretty well and was loads better than Age Of Ultron. Still can't decide if I like it better than the first Avengers tho.
I fully expected some heroes to die, I just didn't expect some (most) and least of all this many. Earth's heroes have been decimated and they took Groot away from us again. Also that Red Skull appearance, alive and everyhing, might be the biggest cinematic surprise of the decade. This might even set him up as a villain post-Thanos, considering he now no longer has to guard the Soul Stone.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Watched it last night. The whole last 10 minutes or so had me go holy shit. They juggled the casts pretty well and was loads better than Age Of Ultron. Still can't decide if I like it better than the first Avengers tho.
I fully expected some heroes to die, I just didn't expect some (most) and least of all this many. Earth's heroes have been decimated and they took Groot away from us again. Also that Red Skull appearance, alive and everyhing, might be the biggest cinematic surprise of the decade. This might even set him up as a villain post-Thanos, considering he now no longer has to guard the Soul Stone.

Considering that Spider-man and the guardians have movies coming out next year, I fully expect them, and probably most of the other heroes, to be revived in 2019's Avengers movie. Possibly with the infinity stones. The heroes that I think would be revived are the ones that were killed by the Infinity Finger Snap since you could probably reverse that with the stones. So Loki, Vision, and Gamora could potentially stay dead since they died by other means.

Regarding Red Skull, I was happily surprised to see him again. Despite the fact that less than a week ago I was reading an old interview talking about what happened to Red Skull after grabbing the Tesseract.

That end credit scene in Infinity War has me hyped for Captain Marvel.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Saw Infinity War this evening and it was a heck of a movie.

My no-spoilers-thoughts: Infinity War brought back a lot of those fun feelings I had watching the first Avengers movie because just like the first one it was a load of fun seeing so many Marvel characters interacting with each other for the first time. Like, ever since the first Avengers, having these characters cross over is a typically common thing now, but getting to have the sciencey-tech people meet the magic people, meet the space people etc. made it feel new and exciting all over again.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The good: This movie was long enough to get me through more than a couple glasses of Cabernet.
Drax is cute. <3

The expected: Everybody's nerf'd so Thanos seems strong. He doesn't do anything special or anything the MCU hasn't shown before, but OK I guess all the heroes forgot how to handle "magic" even though several of them are wizards/gods.

The unexpected: Black Widow is really no big deal in this movie. That's a good thing. Also I actually liked Scarlet Witch.

The bad: I made a list: The last few minutes are 100% narrative contrivance. Nothing will stick. The movie has no consequences. It's an extended commercial for Avengers 4 and Captain Marvel. Stark living is unforgivable. Did you really have to hire Idris Elba for that. Where's Thor's badass Valkyrie gf. Did Gwyneth Paltrow turn into LCL or is she contracted for another 5 minute scene in Iron Man 4 aka Spider-Man Graduation. The list goes on.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Did I mishear shit in the movie or did they say that half of the Asgardians survived the destruction of the ship? Like, did they escape in escape pods? Am I misremembering? I mean tbh the main reason I am concerned is for my girl Valkyrie BUT I feel like I remember hearing that in the movie.

Also, Tony Stank and Nebula as a duo? I never saw that coming and I'm actually really excited to see how shit goes from there following those two, though there's a LOT of other stuff I'm excited for in the squeakquel as well. I'm guessing Part II will feature them bringing everyone together with everyone who also was absent (Valkyrie, Ant-Man, the Wasp, boring Hakweye) to fight against Thanos?

I kinda really liked the ending and tbh wasn't quite sure that's the direction they would have gone but they did.

Back