• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone worried about the amount of Disney worlds in the game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qiesamuel

I hope we get less Disney worlds and more original worlds in KH 3.

The reason is because they have so many plot threads to be resolved as this is the FINAL of Dark Seeker Saga. We know that all important conflicts always happen in original worlds and Disney worlds are just fillers.

I don't want all the important scenes be crammed in the last world like they always do in past games. Too many Disney worlds could hurt the pace.

I'm pretty sure that the 10 worlds Nomura mentioned is the total number, not only Disney.

I'm fine if we only get 7 Disney worlds (Hercules, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Tangled, Big Hero 6, Frozen and 100 Acre Wood) and about 6-7 original worlds (Twilight Town, Mysterious Tower, Radiant Garden, Castle Oblivion/Land of Departure, Disney Castle/Town, Keyblade Graveyard ans Final world).

D

Deleted member 248644

Agree with Qiesamuel, the Disney worlds are only the macguffin of the story, they do not have to overshadow the Original ones. I do not want another big cliffhanger poor resolved because they squeezed the main plot in the final world.

Like they say in Crimson Peak, "It's not a ghost story, it's a story with a ghost in it.", same with Kingdom Hearts, it's not a Disney story, it's a story with Disney in it.

Awards
I'm pretty sure good ol Nomura said long ago that they were aiming for more worlds overall in KH3, then said later on that the number of Disney worlds would be less than KH2.

Like seriously if the "10 worlds" was the overall number that would be just plain dumb, for obvious reasons.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
......are we just going to ignore the fact that we'll probably have a wider list of original worlds? Nomura says 10 Disney worlds. 3 on Zip's list aren't Disney worlds. We have 3 spots left, but that doesn't mean there will be even less ORIGINAL worlds, right? Nothing has been said about them yet except only Twilight Town confirmed to reappear in 3.

Yeah if you could show where it has been specified that it’s definitely 10 Disney worlds, that’d be great. When the news about 9-10 worlds being worked on dropped, I was one of the first to comment that maybe they only meant Disney worlds. From there, it’s just been a widely accepted assumption as far as I know.

It can't be just ten worlds total. Twilight Town is returning as well as Radiant Garden. That's two. The Keyblade Graveyard and Castle Oblivion will likely be playable as well. That's four. And then there is the mysterious Cable Town. Five.

If you add that to the seven Disney worlds we know that's already twelve worlds. Two more than the supposed only ten.

Castle Oblivion has not been suggested to likely be playable. It could be, but it could just as likely be cutscene only or maybe a battle in Riku’s scenario. I won’t be surprised if Sora never goes there. WTP is probably considered part of RG and Mysterious Tower With Twilight Town. So that leaves us with ten.

If my scenario were actually to be the case, I think the game would be further fleshed out by Riku and Kairi’s scenarios providing their own unique playable areas, including Realm of Darkness, Castle Oblivion, and Disney Castle. But those wouldn’t count towards to Sora’s 9-10 worlds.

This is all just “worst case” scenario, in which I believe we’ll still be just fine. I want to believe it’s referring to 10 Disney worlds as much as anyone. But I also want to be realistic and not be even more disappointed if that isn’t the case.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
From what's been reported it seems 9 or 10 Disney worlds is gonna be the final number and that's based off of the statements of how the worlds would potentially be divided. I'd be fine with that cause it means we still got 4 or 5 world reveals to go.

Admittedly I would be disappointed if all there was left to reveal was Frozen and 100 Acre Wood, but I don't think that'll end up being all that's left.

horto12485

Awards
From what's been reported it seems 9 or 10 Disney worlds is gonna be the final number and that's based off of the statements of how the worlds would potentially be divided. I'd be fine with that cause it means we still got 4 or 5 world reveals to go.

Admittedly I would be disappointed if all there was left to reveal was Frozen and 100 Acre Wood, but I don't think that'll end up being all that's left.

i Agree on your Opinion so Far we've gotten (Hercules, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Tangled and Big Hero 6(Well we haven't seen any Footage of San Fransokyo yet) and who knows there might be either 4 to 5 More Disney Worlds to be announced i would be surprised if the Final 5 Disney Worlds to be announced are (Jungle Book, Treasure Planet, Frozen, Wreck-it-Ralph and 100 Acre Wood) be the last 5 Disney Worlds to be in Kingdom Hearts III.

Qiesamuel

Don't you think that it is really weird IF they really split the development process between Disney and original worlds?

Nomura never mentioned that they are doing this other than that the development is divided into 3 phases and each phase contains around 3 worlds.

So I agree to disagree. Roughly 10 worlds is the final number of all worlds, including Disney ones.

Edit: this post is directed to The Dark Mamba. Don't know why the quoted message doesn't appear here.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Like I dunno, I am mostly on the quality over quantity boat, but quantity is still a little important to me lol. Having around the number of Disney worlds in KH1, which was 9, seems fine tho. So like 8-10. I agree about not only having like one beginning original world and one ending one so they just shove all the plot at the ass end. However, I don't really agree with this idea that having even more original worlds than Disney would somehow make the pacing of the game not be meh lol. I kind of feel like its just the way they write...

Don't you think that it is really weird IF they really split the development process between Disney and original worlds?

Nomura never mentioned that they are doing this other than that the development is divided into 3 phases and each phase contains around 3 worlds.

So I agree to disagree. Roughly 10 worlds is the final number of all worlds, including Disney ones.

Edit: this post is directed to The Dark Mamba. Don't know why the quoted message doesn't appear here.

Well that still contradicts what he said before, which is that there are less Disney worlds than KH2, but then clarified that didn't mean it was less overall worlds. Unless they were just being coy with that statement, it seems strange to bring that up and completely go back on half of it. Since nothing that has been said actually contradicts that earlier statement, I think it still seems to be the best idea of how many worlds there will be.

disney233

Awards
I am...very confused. How many worlds IN TOTAL are going to be in 3? I thought it was going to be 9 or 10 Disney worlds, but are there 9 or 10 worlds in the game in general??

horto12485

Awards
I am...very confused. How many worlds IN TOTAL are going to be in 3? I thought it was going to be 9 or 10 Disney worlds, but are there 9 or 10 worlds in the game in general??

Nomura Mentioned that there will be Less Disney Worlds for Kingdom Hearts III so this makes me think 9 (Or 10 Disney Worlds) then as for the Original Worlds 4-5 Original Worlds leading up to 13 (Or 14) Disney Worlds (9) and Original Worlds (4) (Unless we get a Second Playable Character which could be Riku going on a Journey with Mickey to save Aqua and going to the Worlds that he could be going.

robotman

This is the thing, no one knows. They never disclosed that information. They just said that it's split into 3 sections (early, middle and late) with around 10 worlds. No one knows if they mean around 10 worlds in total or if they mean 10 Disney worlds. We do know that there is going to be less Disney worlds in KH3 than there was in KH2.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Nomura also said the Disney Worlds would be there for gameplay progression, and the original worlds were for story progression. It's possible that some of the original worlds will be cutscene heavy or would be shorter or smaller in scale in comparison to the Disney worlds.

Also, it was said that the Disney worlds would be split into 3 sections of development with 3 worlds at a time. That does not mean that they were only working on 9 or 10 worlds overall. They probably had some worlds that they some parts of the team were contributing on when other worlds were finishing up or if they hit snags.

Qiesamuel

Nomura also said the Disney Worlds would be there for gameplay progression, and the original worlds were for story progression. It's possible that some of the original worlds will be cutscene heavy or would be shorter or smaller in scale in comparison to the Disney worlds.

Also, it was said that the Disney worlds would be split into 3 sections of development with 3 worlds at a time. That does not mean that they were only working on 9 or 10 worlds overall. They probably had some worlds that they some parts of the team were contributing on when other worlds were finishing up or if they hit snags.

[FONT=&quot]For KH3, development of the worlds is split into [/FONT]three sections[FONT=&quot]: Early, Middle and Late. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]There are roughly 10 worlds* over the three sections, although it is unclear if those 10 account for only Disney worlds or all the worlds in the game.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The worlds in the early section are about [/FONT]90% complete[FONT=&quot], which includes Toy Story, Monsters Inc. and Hercules. The middle section is [/FONT]60-70% complete[FONT=&quot], which includes Tangled. The late section was not given an exact percentage. [/FONT]

https://www.khinsider.com/news/D23-Expo-Japan-2018-Wrap-Up-11323

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
...although it is unclear if those 10 account for only Disney worlds or all the worlds in the game.

Alright, but that's what I'm saying. If those 10 worlds are only Disney worlds, then there would still be the original worlds, making it more than 10 worlds overall.

The article also says this right under:

*Note: The exact wording in Japanese is a vague way to express any number between 10-19 and does not confirm a specific number of worlds.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Alright, but that's what I'm saying. If those 10 worlds are only Disney worlds, then there would still be the original worlds, making it more than 10 worlds overall.

The article also says this right under:

”If” being the keyword. The point many of us are trying to make is that there is no certainty of the 9-10 applying only to Disney worlds. That is just an assumption. It says there are nine worlds split among three sections, but that doesn’t mean we’ll only have nine worlds. All we can assume is that those 9-10 share a common trait.

It could be that they’re all Disney worlds. It could be they’re all standard gameplay worlds and not mini game worlds like 100 Acre Wood. It could be only counting worlds that are of a significant size, probably leaving out Mysterious Tower.

We just don’t know what exactly was meant by those comments yet, even though I’m sure most of us hope for more Disney worlds.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
”If” being the keyword. The point many of us are trying to make is that there is no certainty of the 9-10 applying only to Disney worlds. That is just an assumption. It says there are nine worlds split among three sections, but that doesn’t mean we’ll only have nine worlds. All we can assume is that those 9-10 share a common trait.

It could be that they’re all Disney worlds. It could be they’re all standard gameplay worlds and not mini game worlds like 100 Acre Wood. It could be only counting worlds that are of a significant size, probably leaving out Mysterious Tower.

Which was what I was saying. In my original post I'd said the original worlds were stated to be for story progression, so they might be shorter in length and heavy in cutscenes. The 9-10 Disney worlds could be the only large-scale worlds, hence why they also have the most focus in development.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, it was said that the Disney worlds would be split into 3 sections of development with 3 worlds at a time.

This is what you said and what I’m referring to. The above has not been stated. Omit “Disney” and add “about” before “3 worlds” and you have what has actually been said. There’s just no reason to promise people they’ll be getting 9-10 worlds when that idea is based on an assumption. Speculate and hope away, but keep in mind that nothing has been said to promise us any more than at least one yet to be revealed world. I just don’t want people to be upset and disappointed, claiming Square promised and lied to them about there being X amount of Disney worlds when they’ve done no such thing.

ImVentus

Awards
Obviously I'm more for quality over quantity. Yet I hope that the game will have somewhat more variation for elements and creatures in the world visits.

I'm happy we're getting a monster world. Which really sets itself apart from human worlds. I just hope there's also an anthropomorphic animal and water focused world, left for the game. Since that was a charm in KH2, at least I felt that way.
Would be interesting to see how they would handle water mechanics for unreal engine, and not just swimming in Corona's lake.

Then there was also something that came to my mind when speculating the worlds. Maybe all the returning worlds Olympus, 100 Acre Wood and etc doesn't fill the list order. Since they've already been in previous instalments? This I mean for the discussed sections of early, middle and latter worlds. What if all the sections only involve new-never introduced worlds?

Probably not
but I still think it's interesting to speculate about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back