• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XIV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - Coming early Summer 2017

So the Christmas Bear Mount is pretty hilarious

33275196092218700JP201_thumb.jpg

Source

Zul

Awards
So I notice there are three starting areas. I want to do pretty much every quest I can, so can you tell me how many of the introductory quests overlap?

Like can I go to Gridania after doing Limsa quests and do all of those, or will starting in Limsa prevent Gridania quests?

If they do prevent it, to what extent, lvl 1-5 quests? lvl 1-10?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Yes, you can go to any area. I don't know how much of the early missions overlap, but eventually you will be able to fly to any town (classic airship, I mean) and do quests in any area. I won't spoil it.

As for the missions, you're tied to your starting nation..but only to a point! I'll ask Cydori about the other two; she made 2 alts on Excal so she could see the differences when the game first came out.

The only limit to other quests is you have to be the right level to do them; do them away. They can make some good xp for early levels if you don't feel like going out and killing things.

Zul

Awards
Yes, you can go to any area. I don't know how much of the early missions overlap, but eventually you will be able to fly to any town (classic airship, I mean) and do quests in any area. I won't spoil it.

As for the missions, you're tied to your starting nation..but only to a point! I'll ask Cydori about the other two; she made 2 alts on Excal so she could see the differences when the game first came out.

The only limit to other quests is you have to be the right level to do them; do them away. They can make some good xp for early levels if you don't feel like going out and killing things.

Hmm...okay, I think the current plan is that I'll have one Gridania and One uuh...Ul'Dah(forgot the name of the place) alt character, my Arcanist will be my main.

Tell me....is there any hope that one day, they'll shrink the horrifying Elezen neck?

EDIT: I think it might be possible to hide it a bit with one of those glamour scarfs.
EDIT2: Your avatar makes me want to play FF9 HD.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
It might. I don't know anyone off the top of my head that plays Elezen; I play a Miqot'e myself.

As for the avatar/sig; A certain sig pic maker from RPGamer got me that years ago; Malango. I swear i'd sorta look like her if I wasn't overweight. Sorry I can't get Malangy over here to ply that trade; he vanished years ago; I think mine was the last set he did.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I play a Miqot'e Dragoon on Jenova, though I'm still making my way through Heavensward content

Zul

Awards
I'm an Elezen on Goblin, warn me if that server is horrid cause I was automatically assigned there and took it cause of the XP buff.

So then...I just engaged in my first group activity of FF14.... a guildhest....

this is the chatlog..

https://i.imgur.com/wP6iMx1.png

Is this common?

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm an Elezen on Goblin, warn me if that server is horrid cause I was automatically assigned there and took it cause of the XP buff.

So then...I just engaged in my first group activity of FF14.... a guildhest....

this is the chatlog..

https://i.imgur.com/wP6iMx1.png

Is this common?

Haha you'll have those. I wouldn't call it super common, but it happens.

I've had my fair share of goofing around. My buddy and I joined a low level raid one time and I kept typing stuff in the chatlog like "sorry if my performance is a little off tonight guys, I'm trying to play this and Donkey Kong 64 at the same time." And I would get a few people like "dude, you better not be, pay attention"

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It's definitely not common on the server I'm on. Not among strangers, anyway. If you know the people in your FC well you can be a bit silly with the jokes, but otherwise people tend to just be very nice and polite in general. But I've heard the European servers in general have more friendly people in general. We've got a few Americans in our FC because of that.

Zul

Awards
So...Max, Elizara, Seta, and Zeph played Miqo'te....is there anyone on KHI other than me who didn't play Miqo'te? Are they the most popular race?

EDIT: Yep, everyone's a female miqo'te.

EDIT2: I'm the 2nd least popular race/gender combo rofl (duskwright elezen male)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/4xe75s/rffxiv_race_and_gender_poll_results/

[video=youtube;ysp3Z4naO_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysp3Z4naO_s[/video]

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
So...Max, Elizara, Seta, and Zeph played Miqo'te....is there anyone on KHI other than me who didn't play Miqo'te? Are they the most popular race?

EDIT: Yep, everyone's a female miqo'te.

EDIT2: I'm the 2nd least popular race/gender combo rofl (duskwright elezen male)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/4xe75s/rffxiv_race_and_gender_poll_results/

[video=youtube;ysp3Z4naO_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysp3Z4naO_s[/video]

I actually started as a human, and got an opportunity for a free change along the way and switched. I am a male Miqot'e though haha

Zul

Awards
Most Mi'qotes I see are male :p

Well that's why I was using the poll instead of what I saw XD. Ultimately outside of S-E themselves releasing the stats, one can only loosely approximate the distribution. Race distribution isn't really "that" useful in FFXIV as it is in WoW (race has a bigger impact on abilities in WoW). Class-Job distribution would matter a lot more(in any online game, really).

One thing that surprised me about that poll was the number of highlander men, they have that horrid nose. There are also LOTS of Au Ra Raen Females, I can't even make Au Ra (being on the free trial).

Also, ever since I started playing, I started looking deeper into what went on back in 1.0.

That includes the original Black Shroud.....and....wow...just.... I have trouble imagining how it is even possible that someone greenlit that design. La Noscea on the other hand, I liked the darker green grass of 1.0 more than the current color.

Zul

Awards
A Roegadyn should be able to be two characters at once, the Roegadyn and carrying a Lalafell around in a backpack.

Antar

Awards
"sorry if my performance is a little off tonight guys, I'm trying to play this and Donkey Kong 64 at the same time."

Haha, I dunno why but this killed me! Out of all the games, too! xD Perfect

Zul

Awards
Healing hasn't been bad so far, this is my first time really trying it out after years of DPS/Tank. This 2.5 second global cooldown is tough to get used to after so much time using a 1.5 sec one (even 1 second in some cases!).

Back