• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your predictions/hopes about the final boss battle?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robotman

Really bored so thought why not ask this question and see what you lot think.

Honestly, the boss battles is what makes Kingdom Hearts so special to me. No other games will ever replicate the feeling I felt when I played the final boss in both Kingdom Hearts 1 & Kingdom Hearts 2 for the first time. The music, the evolution of the battles, the unexpectedness... All of it was amazing, especially Kingdom Hearts 2 after they tricked you into thinking the final boss was done with and the laser barrage!

For Kingdom Hearts 3 I'm honestly expecting it to be like the other games. I think that Xehanort will end up creating the X-Blade after the 7 lights and 13 darknesses fight each other. He'll enter the true Kingdom Hearts and then a door will appear. It'll say something like "everything has been leading up to this, are you ready to enter Kingdom Hearts? Do you need a moment to prepare or are you ready to end it all?"

Then once you enter I reckon that it'll be a rinse and repeat of the tried and tested formula, it might start off with a humanoid version of Xehanort, followed by a couple of fights with a monster version of Xehanort, then it'll end with a final humanoid battle against Xehanort. After that then he'll try one last thing, he'll try and take over Sora's heart (like he did with Terra). Then you'll fight inside Sora's head/heart, basically Sora against Sora and once it's done, the battle is over. Then it'll end with them being happy in Destiny Island.

So what do you lot expect? What are you wants/hopes for the finale? What do you think will happen in the final battle?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Part of me suspects that Xehanort won't be the final boss. We could have a FF9 situation were something else is the true final obstacle.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the one comment form nomura saying the last world that he alwasy wanted to do since his ifnal fantasy day make me think we going to fight some sort of entity of kingdom hearts

Awards
I really don't know what to expect tbh... Xehanorth needs to be the final boss it would be a bummer if some boss that we never heard before was going to be the real "big" boss of the game lol

robotman

Part of me suspects that Xehanort won't be the final boss. We could have a FF9 situation were something else is the true final obstacle.

Who do you think it would be then?

I've actually read somewhere about people saying that Yen Sid might actually be the main bad and is waiting for his moment once the X-Blade is made but I don't think that'll happen at all. I also if Xehanort isn't the big bad it has to be someone that we already know, it'd be silly if someone just appeared out of nowhere at the end, especially considering the build up of all the games and Xehanort (or an incarnation of Xehanort) being at the forefront in all of them.

UltimaXOmega

Old man Xehanort won't be the final boss. I suspect Luxu,Young Xehanort with the X-Blade or somebody unknown.

robotman

Old man Xehanort won't be the final boss. I suspect Luxu,Young Xehanort with the X-Blade or somebody unknown.

Why don't you think Master Xehanort will be the final boss though? The whole lead up has been pointing to a final showdown between him and Sora, like it could be Terra-Xehanort. Don't you think that it'll totally undermine the plot to make Xehanort not be the final baddie?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I also if Xehanort isn't the big bad it has to be someone that we already know, it'd be silly if someone just appeared out of nowhere at the end, especially considering the build up of all the games and Xehanort (or an incarnation of Xehanort) being at the forefront in all of them.

Oh, don't count your chickens yet. Never underestimate Japan's love for "there was a mysterious villain behind the scenes all along!" trope.
Granted KH seems to be widely spared from this (Ansem in KH1 is the closest thing the series has to a "surprise" villain), Square is still Final Fantasy's home turf, meaning they gave us some of the biggest final boss switcharoos in jrpgs, almost all of them with villains otherwise unheard of til then (looking at you, III and IV. And VIII. And IX)
That being said...

Why don't you think Master Xehanort will be the final boss though? The whole lead up has been pointing to a final showdown between him and Sora, like it could be Terra-Xehanort. Don't you think that it'll totally undermine the plot to make Xehanort not be the final baddie?

It depends, him not being the last villain we face doesn't necessarily mean his role will be undermined. It can happen if the writing isn't good enough, but Master Xehanort could still give an unforgettable performance and then make way for a final showdown with a different entity.

Also final boss in the game doesn't necessarily equal being the narrative climax or anything. Think about Riku in Days or Ven's armor in DDD: they're the final bosses, but they're clearly not the main focus of the game (Ven's fight was even added in a second moment).
Xehanort is an old dude, so even I doubt we'll just have a final fight against him wielding a gigantic and impractical key-sword. He clearly cannot give us a Final Xemnas fight, with spin kicks and somersaults.

Either somebody else will take the stage or like Ansem he'll use whatever maguffin he'll get to change form or something.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Like you said, I expect after the clash of the 7 and the 13, Xehanort will get the x-blade and enter Kingdom Hearts. The door will appear and seem to set up a final boss battle akin to all others. However, when we enter, we’ll actually find ourselves in a realm of sections of all the worlds we visit in KH3, unified into one world and twisted by darkness. It will somewhat mirror Aqua’s journey in .2 which would have originally opened the game. We’ll have to explore this bizarro realm as the final world akin to End of the World and the World That Never Was. Donald, Goofy, Riku, and Kairi will be party members.

I think this will happen as I highly doubt the Keyblade Graveyard will be the last explorable world since there isn’t really anything there for it to serve as a final dungeon.

The final battle itself will likely take place in part of one of the original worlds, either Destiny Islands, Radiant Garden, or Land of Departure. My bet is on the first considering its importance to both Sora and Xehanort and calling back to KH1. It will then proceed as most final bosses have with several different forms, probably ending with a battle against a god-form MX.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
The final battle will obviously be Sora & Co. VS our KH Chi player character, we'll get to see all those exaggerately colorful huge avatar outfit parts fall off one by one, off with that giant bear hear, off with that edgy Sephiroth wing, off with that bunny tail, .... why yes, the final battle will be a strip poker session.

robotman

It depends, him not being the last villain we face doesn't necessarily mean his role will be undermined. It can happen if the writing isn't good enough, but Master Xehanort could still give an unforgettable performance and then make way for a final showdown with a different entity.

Also final boss in the game doesn't necessarily equal being the narrative climax or anything. Think about Riku in Days or Ven's armor in DDD: they're the final bosses, but they're clearly not the main focus of the game (Ven's fight was even added in a second moment).
Xehanort is an old dude, so even I doubt we'll just have a final fight against him wielding a gigantic and impractical key-sword. He clearly cannot give us a Final Xemnas fight, with spin kicks and somersaults.

Either somebody else will take the stage or like Ansem he'll use whatever maguffin he'll get to change form or something.

That's true... Hm... I just think that I'd undermine the whole game since they've been building up the final fight with Xehanort for so long, you're right though, if it's written well and the story meshes, it shouldn't be a problem. I take it as you don't buy the whole "Yen Sid is the secret baddie" lol.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I take it as you don't buy the whole "Yen Sid is the secret baddie" lol.

I'd take DarkGrey's strip poker session with Pence as the referee before that, yes. Mainly because I don't think Disney would be glad to have their name backwards being a negative figure.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I'd take DarkGrey's strip poker session with Pence as the referee before that, yes.
tumblr_obzrsc7Tbz1uc737po8_r1_400.gif
There we go

Mainly because I don't think Disney would be glad to have their name backwards being a negative figure.
tumblr_ovj10vBzTg1t3h8cpo2_400.gif
That's a strong point.

Echoecho6

Awards
Out of the characters we currently know I can't see anyone being the big bad above old man Xehanort UNLESS if Xigbar successfully betrays him.. That would be the only case I can see happening. I would be disappointed to have to fight Young Xehanort instead of Old Man Xehanort just because his younger self doesn't interest me all that much and we have already had a good boss fight with him.

Anyway yea the bosses in this game are on a much bigger scale and have multiple phases to them, so I am VERY excited to see what the final boss will be like.

lusca_bueno

If we consider old Master Xehanort is just another vessel in a huge lineage of possessions by some unknown force (possibly Luxu, bearer of the sigil), I suspect all his 'another/Xehanort' vessels will be left behind while the true force behind it will take center stage. I even wonder what old man Xehanort's true name would be, since he was renamed just like Terra after his possession.

Awards
I really hope that it's an actual battle. Cause like in the other games with multiple bosses(like KH 2) you fight them one at a time. So instead, all 13 darkness and 7 light all fight at the same time. Then the x blade is formed. And then Xehanort goes to KH, you follow him, etc. You fight him for only 2 forms before it's revealed that he was only a pawn. The real villain comes out (possibly even KH), destroys Xehanort, and sets out to destroy everything. Then everyone, after an emotional rally, gangs up to destroy it. You fight it in 5 different forms. Then you destroy it. And cut scenes, cut scenes, end. Then secret ending pointing toward a new game. The end. Oh yeah, and Terra gets saved somewhere during that whole thing if not before. End.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
If we consider old Master Xehanort is just another vessel in a huge lineage of possessions by some unknown force (possibly Luxu, bearer of the sigil), I suspect all his 'another/Xehanort' vessels will be left behind while the true force behind it will take center stage. I even wonder what old man Xehanort's true name would be, since he was renamed just like Terra after his possession.

Yah the fact that Xehanort's Keyblade is actually super old makes me really wonder if something from the era of X isn't the big bad after all....as for all the build up, meh. I mean tbh we have fought pretty much every form of Xehanort in this organization already lol. It's not like I feel like I NEED to fight them all again, some for the third or fourth time.

I do hope we get a return to a crazy final boss with multiple forms and big, crazy dragons and phallic ships with gross heads and stuff. Especially the latter. That was cooler tbh. I dunno, I am over the "final fight just being a dude with a sword" thing.

Awards

I mean that's a really good point but I'm on board with whoever thinks Luxu and Xehanorth are kind of the same entity

UltimaXOmega

Xehanort refers to his body as a vessel when he takes over Terra's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back